cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
Have made some changes since posting the below! Here is what has changed in the bag now. Pictures soon to follow!

In August 2016: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Callaway PM Grind 58 were changed out of the bag for Cleveland RTX-3 50/54/58.
Struggled with the transition to the Cleveland wedges out of greenside bunkers for the first two months, but now they are working just fine from there.

In December 2016: Switched to Odyssey Toeup #1 - Hopeful that this will improve my ability to keep the putter square. Have only played 1 round with it in the bag to date and had only one 3-putt. That's a big win for me.

On January 3rd, 2017: Callaway X Hots are out and have been replaced by Callaway Apex CF16's. Have not gotten out on the course with the new sticks yet. Weather looks awful this weekend, so likely next weekend before I'll get them out for a round.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

June 7th 2016:

Here's my setup. Went to a fitting last year at the Annika Academy and was fit into the XR lineup. My current irons performed on par with the XR Pro's during the fitting so I've stayed with them. Might upgrade to the Apex CF16's on down the line though.

The driver shaft is from the Project X #thehandcraftedexperience last year. Perfect for me and a 1 of a kind. It has toned downed HZRDUS elements along with a LZ, tweaked by Don to deliver the higher ball launch I needed, and to match my slower swing speed.

Just received the final piece to go all Callaway last night. XR 5W from Callaway Pre-Owned came in. Also have made the full switch to the Chrome Soft. Just love the Yellow/Black Truvis version.

20160607_081451_zpsac2qbhj1.jpg

20160607_081552_zps4x8l3hue.jpg

20160607_081726_zpswzvwdesw.jpg

20160607_081927_zpsffcgybu8.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking bag Barry. Sounds like you have everything dialed in well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bag Barry! Having seen most of these in action, I know you know how to use em too :golf:

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I like that bag Barry!

That PX shaft! Might be my favorite one from the event.

great bag all around as well.

Great looking setup right there!

You hit that driver very very well sir. Nice setup.

Great looking bag!

Nice setup. Love the Callaway bag and TT bumper sticker.

Great setup Barry. The yellow/black Truvis are so much fun to hit...love to watch them spin in the air.

Great setup! Thanks for sharing.

That's a wicked bag. Love the headcovers!

Fantastic setup Barry!

Great setup! Love the headcovers!

I recognize a lot of that set-up.

I am more impressed that you are putting your woods on concrete!!

Nice set!

Nice setup

Nice set up my man!

I've seen that bag in action a few times! Nice Barry

Nice looking set up

Great looking set up buddy,Just need to let that bee fly away and get a dawg.

And all those HOF tags are fantastic !!

Nice set up Barry!

Yikes! Didn't realize I'd gone so long without updating this. A picture to come soon. But I've made the following changes.

In August: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Callaway PM Grind 58 were changed out of the bag for Cleveland RTX-3 50/54/58.
Struggled with the transition to the Cleveland wedges out of greenside bunkers for the first two months, but now they are working just fine from there.

In December: Switched to Odyssey Toeup #1 - Hopeful that this will improve my ability to keep the putter square. Have only played 1 round with it in the bag to date and had only one 3-putt. That's a big win for me.

On January 3rd: Callaway X Hots are out and have been replaced by Callaway Apex CF16's. Have not gotten out on the course with the new sticks yet. Weather looks awful this weekend, so likely next weekend before I'll get them out for a round.

Pictures to follow soon!

Love the yellow jacket headcover! Looking to buy one myself soon

Looks Good Barry!! Looking forward to getting out with you again sometime this year!

Back