Cracked My Driver

OldeDude

--Still Alive and Well--
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
--17--
Well I have no idea how this happened, but I found a nasty crack in my Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver yesterday while playing. I finished the round with it, and called Tour Edge this morning to check on the Lifetime Warranty. They asked me to email a couple of photos, which I sent while we were on the phone, the rep looked at them, and said to send it in and they would replace it. Great customer service, and hopefully they can get it back to me pretty quick.

Here's a photo, anyone ever seen anything like this?

EXS_Damage_01.jpg

By the way, this thing has never hit anything except golf balls, golf tees, and occasionally the ground when I make such a bad swing I hit the ground behind the ball. The head cover is always on it when its in the bag, and I clean my clubs between each round, and didn't see the crack last time I cleaned it. :confused2:

Well I have no idea how this happened, but I found a nasty crack in my Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver yesterday while playing. I finished the round with it, and called Tour Edge this morning to check on the Lifetime Warranty. They asked me to email a couple of photos, which I sent while we were on the phone, the rep looked at them, and said to send it in and they would replace it. Great customer service, and hopefully they can get it back to me pretty quick.

View attachment 9018070
I am no expert but looks like the face is separating from the body maybe a bad weld during manufacture? Great news that TE customer service have acted so quickly and positively, hopefully you get a replacement quickly.

View attachment 9018074
This happened today. I'd actually contacted TE about the off center shaft position in the adapter & they said it was deliberately there for correct adjustments
[/QUO Howzat ! That’s what happens when you use it to hit stumps into the ground 🏏😂

View attachment 9018074
This happened today. I'd actually contacted TE about the off center shaft position in the adapter & they said it was deliberately there for correct adjustments

My EXS Pro broke in the same spot. Called them and they just said to send it back for replacement. No problems with the replacement so far.

View attachment 9018070
Good on TE for replacing with warranty. Like noted above might be where the face and body meet.

View attachment 9018074
That doesn’t make sense, it needs to be centered or that will throw off the other adjustment angles if changed.

Glad to hear they are replacing. Always love when companies stand behind their product.

Maybe cut back on the protein shakes? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 9018074
Most adapters are “off center” unless they use cogs.

No chance of actually seeing epoxy color, not even sure I could could get what's left out of the shaft tbh
Was wondering what the lighter color in the photo was in the shaft tip broken off.

Always have a back up driver.

You're swinging too hard @OldeDude for an old dude.!!!:drinks:

Glad they are taking care of the issue for you.

I've cracked the face on 3 drivers.
1. Bang
2. Taylormade R-11
3. Taylormade SLDR

I also had a Callaway GBB Epic crack on the crown.
I've not seen a hosel crack like the OP. Almost looks like impact damage ?

Always have a back up driver.
Yup. Bought a Callaway X2 Hot driver last year. Then took advantage of CPO's Black Friday sale and acquired a Mav Max. Thought to sell the X2 Hot, then thought "Hmmm... might be wise to keep a backup driver?"

I've not seen a hosel crack like the OP. Almost looks like impact damage ?
If I didn't know better I'd be thinking something similar, but then again, an impact that would cause a crack like that would have probably chipped some paint and left a dent around the crack. It does appear that the crack is right on the face/body joint, so I'm betting a small failure in the weld that finally let go and spread some. :confused2:

Yeah, there's no evidence--abrasion or deformation of any kind, to suggest impact damage. Not that I can see.

Back