Cracked My Driver

Definitely looks like a failed weld to me. It’s not uncommon and can fail anywhere along welds. I’ve had several cracked welds in various locations across multiple brand/model driver heads.

Latest from Tour Edge, they don't have a 10.5* EXS head, so I will be getting an EXS 220 instead.

Good to hear that Tour Edge is taking care of it for you. It's always good to know which companies stand behind their customers and which companies don't!

I believe a lot of the issues that happen now can be traced back to really pushing engineering to the limit for performance reasons.

Well I can close this one out, got my driver back from Tour Edge, a new EXS 220, 10.5*. I'm obviously really happy With Tour Edge's customer support, and how well they stand behind the product. I've had their clubs in the bag for well over ten years, this is the first time one has had a problem, and they went above and beyond to make it right. :drinks:

So I had the original TEE EXS, been playing it dor a little over two years, and this happened:

index.php

Tour edge replaced it under warranty with this:

EXS 220_01s.jpgEXS 220_02s.jpgEXS 220_03s.jpg
EXS 220_04s.jpg

Well I can close this one out, got my driver back from Tour Edge, a new EXS 220, 10.5*. I'm obviously really happy With Tour Edge's customer support, and how well they stand behind the product. I've had their clubs in the bag for well over ten years, this is the first time one has had a problem, and they went above and beyond to make it right. :drinks:

So I had the original TEE EXS, been playing it dor a little over two years, and this happened:

index.php

Tour edge replaced it under warranty with this:

View attachment 9020227View attachment 9020232View attachment 9020233
View attachment 9020230
Very nice! I love a happy ending.

Great to hear you were taken car of. That was a bummer of a thing to have happen. Glad it all worked out!

Sweet! They are great! Always been helpful when I’ve had questions.

Great to hear they stepped up for you and made it a happy ending. Oh, and congrats on the new driver!

I've cracked the face on 3 drivers.
1. Bang
2. Taylormade R-11
3. Taylormade SLDR

I also had a Callaway GBB Epic crack on the crown.
I've not seen a hosel crack like the OP. Almost looks like impact damage ?

Oh goodness, I’ll agree with the impact damage assessment. I’m not saying @OldeDude did it, but man that sure looks like a hosel rocket gone bad. I almost hit myself in the face with a golf ball this year so I am NOT judging, 🤣. I also whiffed. Whiffed. Scared some grass. Missed the fracking ball. Same hole. So no shade being thrown, 😂.

But let’s not get out lists of drivers we broke, especially shaft shear at the hosel seems to be a big one for me. Or it used to be. Today’s gear is generally better and I’m getting old so don’t swing as hard? 🤷‍♂️

Great to hear Tour Edge standing behind their product!

Fantastic! Way to go, Tour Edge! And hit 'em long, @OldeDude !

Glad to see it was able to work out for you.

It’s great that TE replaced it. I cracked my Epic SZ earlier this spring right on the lower edge of the face along the weld/bond line and Callaway wouldn’t do anything for me, stating that it was too old(4 years). I even asked if they would give me partial credit for the driver on their CPO store and they wouldn’t.

My Exotic EXS driver just broke. I heard a loud bang and saw part of the club flying off. Hopefully Tour Edge will honor their lifetime warranty.

Attachments

• 4A82A305-E788-4FD0-BF2C-EF1F8CB3B9A7.jpeg
    4A82A305-E788-4FD0-BF2C-EF1F8CB3B9A7.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 27
  • AF9141E7-DC38-4B35-8682-8D154B70EA07.jpeg
    AF9141E7-DC38-4B35-8682-8D154B70EA07.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 27
My Exotic EXS driver just broke. I heard a loud bang and saw part of the club flying off. Hopefully Tour Edge will honor their lifetime warranty.
Yes they will, I've had 2 C721 adapters & shafts fail & no questions asked replacement (with photo evidence)

Yes they will, I've had 2 C721 adapters & shafts fail & no questions asked replacement (with photo evidence)
Thanks for your reply. I was surprised that it happened to me since I’m not a hard hitter. I almost considered getting a replacement until I saw the Lifetime Warrany form TE. As long as TE honors lifetime warranty, I guess I have nothing to lose.

Thanks for your reply. I was surprised that it happened to me since I’m not a hard hitter. I almost considered getting a replacement until I saw the Lifetime Warrany form TE. As long as TE honors lifetime warranty, I guess I have nothing to lose.
Email customer support, they'll sort you out

Give them a call, their Customer Service has always been excellent, and easy to work with. If they replace it under warranty, which they most likely will, they will replace it with the same model as long as they have one, or give you options on a similar model if they don't have an exact replacement available. When I cracked mine, a 10.5* EXS (2019), they didn't have an exact replacement, so they gave me the choice of a 9.5* EXS or a 10.5* EXS 220.

Give them a call, their Customer Service has always been excellent, and easy to work with. If they replace it under warranty, which they most likely will, they will replace it with the same model as long as they have one, or give you options on a similar model if they don't have an exact replacement available. When I cracked mine, a 10.5* EXS (2019), they didn't have an exact replacement, so they gave me the choice of a 9.5* EXS or a 10.5* EXS 220.
How do you like the one they replaced with? Is it better or more like the same? I’m tempted to ask them to send me to see if the upgraded model makes a difference.

How do you like the one they replaced with? Is it better or more like the same? I’m tempted to ask them to send me to see if the upgraded model makes a difference.
It took some getting used to, distance is about the same, sounds better, but at first my misses were worse than with the original. I was initially using the same shaft that I was fit to in the EXS (they only replaced the head), but have since tried a couple of others, and have found one that has the EXS 220 working even a bit better than the original EXS.

Back