Cracked My Favorite TaylorMade Driver

interlooper

Wishing I was golfing now
Reaction score
Handicap
At the driving range today I Phil-micked my favorite driver (i.e. cracked my driver).

I noticed that the sound was a bit different for the first few swings. I just thought that I was missing the sweet spot. Then CRACK!!! The club just opened up, split like the asphalt splits in an earthquake. I am totally bummed. We just celebrated it's first birthday.

That sucks man. Same thing happened with my bud's FT-5. Split at the seam of the metal and Fibre. Which freaking sucks, because that driver was a true beast for a slicer.

contact TM they will replace it

Bummer Inter. That happened to a friend of mine last week. He had an R9.

I was about to say this, they will replace it I'm sure.

ya its only a year old, its under warranty, they have great customer service as well

ya its only a year old, its under warranty, they have great customer service as well

Maybe an R11 in your future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. I had the Taylor Made Superquad TP limited edition and the head cracked between the 2 weight ports at the back. Had the driver for a year and 4 months and Taylormade came back and said "No Warranty" after 1 year to me.

Not necessarily. I had the Taylor Made Superquad TP limited edition and the head cracked between the 2 weight ports at the back. Had the driver for a year and 4 months and Taylormade came back and said "No Warranty" after 1 year to me.

That is a old driver, if that happened recently then they wouldnt cover it. Even if you bought it new a year ago it wouldnt be covered, its only covered up to a year or two after the release date, not your purchase date

They will take care of it....they just sent me a brand new ghost after the insert in my old version split. They have excellent CS.

wow ive never seen a cracked driver before. that has to be crazy scary.

IMG00138-20110429-2311.jpg

That sucks buddy, I feel your pain. It not the fact of replacing a driver...its replacing your baby.

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Thanks for the pic, thats a cracked driver all right.

I has almost the exact same thing happen to my R9 last year. They told me to go to an authorized dealer so they could act as TM's "eyes and ears". I went to Golfsmith, they called TM, told me to go pick out a Supertri off the shelf to replace it. I imagine they will do the same for you except offer you a SF 2.0 or R11.

I wish my would crack. So then I would have not choice but to buy an R11. Then all I would need is the R11 3 wood and I have a whole brand new set... Come on club crack... LOL

I wish my would crack. So then I would have not choice but to buy an R11. Then all I would need is the R11 3 wood and I have a whole brand new set... Come on club crack... LOL

hehe classic club ho coming out

I has almost the exact same thing happen to my R9 last year. They told me to go to an authorized dealer so they could act as TM's "eyes and ears". I went to Golfsmith, they called TM, told me to go pick out a Supertri off the shelf to replace it. I imagine they will do the same for you except offer you a SF 2.0 or R11.

Thats awesome! but I hope mine does not crack I love FT-IQ

You're suppose to hit the ball first looper :)

Sucks for ya bro! Seeing that picture made me sad.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Man, that has got to hurt you to the core, I know it would me.

Just thought I would quickly update this thread. Though it took a few weeks, TaylorMade and my local dealer took VERY good care of me. TM always treats me well, but this time they went above and beyond.

Good deal interlooper, TM and your dealer doing you right is as great an advertisement as they could have. I know you will spread the word.

So sorry to hear it, interlooper. I experienced the pain this past December. Not a new club but it worked GREAT for me, I was bummed.

Not a sexy driver but this MacGregor NVG2 Tour driver was absolute money for me. The most consistent driver I've ever played. Cracked it right along the cup-face. Believe it or not, even the shot that ruptured the face was about 270 right down the middle:

imag00611.jpg

Back