johnday

Your everyday 4J
Reaction score
Handicap
TOO high
At a tournament about a year ago i got some Crock golf shoes and the spikes are worn out. Does anybody know if you can replace the spikes or if you just have to buy another pair of shoes?

I hope Im dead before I EVER get caught in those things.

Ha ha ha. They don't look great but are VERY comfortable. You'd be supprised.

I know nothing about these things but if I had to guess I would say you have to replace the whole shoe. Is this what the bottom looks like?
10201_bottom_060.jpg

I know nothing about these things but if I had to guess I would say you have to replace the whole shoe. Is this what the bottom looks like?
10201_bottom_060.jpg

Yes and thats what i was thinking too. Im not sure if they still make them though because i havent seen them since the time i bought them.

Its all about looks, who cares about comfort :D

I can't bring myself to wear the regular crocs, let alone the golf crocs! I know a lot of people who wear the regular ones.

I think only restaurant workers should be given the "OK" to wear Crocs. I have a guy I work with that wears them EVERY DAY. we are sales reps, so I just dont think it is appropriate

I hope Im dead before I EVER get caught in those things.

+1....if you have them on when we're traveling I won't be walking anywhere near you :D

Hey now. Why all the hate for the crocs? I love my crocs (in advantage camo) but I leave them behind on the golf course. As said many times in other threads, don't knock em till you try em.

I've tried on the golf crocs and they don't seem to be tight enough to my feet to be of any benefit. I felt like my foot slipped around in them while swinging so they didn't earn a spot on my feet. Also, I think the spikes are molded with the shoe and not replaceable, but I'm not for sure.

+1....if you have them on when we're traveling I won't be walking anywhere near you :D

Matter of fact, if you see me in those things, just off me right there lol:terror:

I think only restaurant workers should be given the "OK" to wear Crocs. I have a guy I work with that wears them EVERY DAY. we are sales reps, so I just dont think it is appropriate

A lot of people that work in hospitals wear these as well. Ewww...

A lot of people that work in hospitals wear these as well. Ewww...

haha, well, I would agree with them in a hospital too. I mean, blood will stain and stay on a tennis shoe, but you can just sanitize these rubber crocs

Crocs are great on the boat and when loading the tanks for a day a diving. They are comfortable, waterproof and won't mark the gelcoat.

lol this is funny, no offense to all you lovers of crocs....

Spoiler
crocs.jpg

Johnday,

I checked online (had some spare time at work lol) and if you search by 'Ace Golf Shoes' you will find tons of links for them. It looks like they are priced around 30-40 for a new pair. A review I read states that you can't replace the spikes. Sorry!!!!!

On a side not, I laughed at how much debate a Croc's Ace golf shoe review caused on another site. I do come from a marketing background and I always find it so funny how fierce people become when debating clothing style.

My brother works as an ER tech at one of the local hospital's and he mentioned before how many people wore Croc's. And why??? Comfort. I guess when working a job that demands you to be on your feet a lot, fashion isn't always #1 when choosing a work shoe.

WOW!!! this is really becoming a more popular thread than i thought it would be

golf croc shoes stink
dont look like a pro

Yeah, not a big fan of Crocs (the animal or the shoe), but if you must, check out DAWGS golf shoes. They are made of the same lightweight material and look a little more like golf shoes. I was actually given a pair of black ones, which I wear to the driving range. Prevents the spikes on my 'real' golf shoes from getting messed up. To my surprise, I get asked all the time where I got them. Check them out. They are good alternative to Crocs.

Last edited:
Yeah, not a big fan of Crocs (the animal or the shoe), but if you must, check out DAWGS golf shoes. They are made of the same lightweight material and look a little more like golf shoes. I was actually given a pair of black ones, which I wear to the driving range. Prevents the spikes on my 'real' golf shoes from getting messed up. To my surprise, I get asked all the time where I got them. Check them out. They are good alternative to Crocs.

I'm about to check on that.

Hey now. Why all the hate for the crocs? I love my crocs (in advantage camo) but I leave them behind on the golf course. As said many times in other threads, don't knock em till you try em.

I've tried on the golf crocs and they don't seem to be tight enough to my feet to be of any benefit. I felt like my foot slipped around in them while swinging so they didn't earn a spot on my feet. Also, I think the spikes are molded with the shoe and not replaceable, but I'm not for sure.

I also really like Crocs Shoes , but I feel that it's not doing much for me. I feel that the support is not good at all. What comfortable, supportive shoe did you find instead of the crocs?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I just cannot get past the looks of these things.

So many haters! Both my kids have pairs, as do I. I have a non-traditional pair (not that Cayman). My husband has a pair too - but he doesn't wear them out of the house. He uses them to take the dogs out (back-yard shoes). & yes, I know the name b/c we have a bunch on the site - but no golf shoes. A lot of older men and women who have swollen feet really like these, esp if they can't bend down. Of course, my kids and I don't fit into that category, but you can't beat them for going into a water play situation (a la California Adventure or Kids Space).

Back