Crossing the invisible lines

1860VS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My Brain
We all know there are lines we shouldn't cross. But they are invisible, thus leading to some momentary lapses of judgement. Like hitting a lob wedge over the house to the spruce tree in the back yard. Not knowing your wife decided to go sit in the backyard to watch the birds and read.............. :eek:

There's a football field's worth of lines crossed in this situation.

I just… did you… but what about….

Holy smokes!

Well, it couldn’t have been too bad. You’re alive to tell the tale, after all. But I’m guessing the dog house will be a little cramped tonight.

Yeah... I hook/bladed a wedge just over the 6' privacy fence that just missed the neighbors window one time. Luckily didn't crack the siding either which I have done to my own house.

Did you hit her or just scare?
It was close. My wife is the quintessential chilled and mellow aging hippie chick, who is well aware that she is married to a 64 year old child. Heck, she embraces it.
I was more upset than she was.

It was close. My wife is the quintessential chilled and mellow aging hippie chick, who is well aware that she is married to a 64 year old child. Heck, she embraces it.
I was more upset than she was.
Glad everyone is okay.

Which is why I practice with Callaway foam practice balls in my back yard.
I used to hit them back at the house, but that made them hard to find.
It was far more efficient to only hit them toward the back of the yard from a tee,
as they would end up in the same spots over and over again, making them easier to find.

Glad nobody got hurt!

This brings back memories of my early golfing years. Hitting wedges from the back yard to the front yard was something I did until I thinned a ball through the kitchen door and frightening the hell out of my Mother who was enjoying a cup of tea.

Back