CTRL Biokinetic Training Sleeve

Boone

Reaction score
Anyone else been watching this Indiegogo campaign?

The idea is using a sleeve that hooks to your thumb and runs up past your bicep that has attachable sensors one on your lower arm and one high.

The sensors connect via blue tooth to an app. It appears to work something like this:

1. With the sleeve on and sensors active you take multiple swings and with each one you record whether it was a draw, slice, fade, etc...

2. The app determines the ideal club position based on sensor input for your ideal ball strike (supposedly only needs 30 swings or so to determine).

3. Rather than try to teach/reinforce the prototypical ideal swing, the app then provides you feedback on what you need to do to replicate the great shots you hit. It will give you advice after every swing related to your tempo,clubface, and clubpath.

Basically it supposedly determines the things you need to do based on your swing to hit your best shot, then you use it as a practice aid to hardwire it.

No idea if it works. The devices will ship on February to early purchasers. Seems like an exciting and bit of a revolutionary idea.

I sold a launch monitor this week and used some of the proceeds to purchase one. I plan on doing my first THP review when it comes out as I was the 6th person to order one.

Last edited:
I've seen similar stuff on just the hand previously and even tested some, interesting idea of two sensors, but I'm wondering about using two sleeves and having both arms analyzed?

That seems like a cool piece of tech. Can't wait to hear how it performs compared to the claims it makes!

Pretty Cool if it works....

Hey guys, I'm Nick Bockenfeld. I'm the head of Business Development at CTRL. I would love to field any questions you guys have about our CTRL Sleeve and our Indiegogo campaign. Also, if any of yall are in the Dallas/FT Worth area, I would love to set up a time for you to come in and try out the product!
Hi Nick - Kudos to being a Chicago Bears Fan (Except for the last two games)

Really a cool product - Let me ask, once you have it set up with hitting balls, as you tell the system where the balls went, can you then take practice swings with it in the house, let's say, over the winter and in theory, work on your game in the off season without hitting any balls?

With the Pandemic going on, winter indoor facilities are going to be restrictive and hard to get in to as they maintain a safe environment for all participants.
If my understanding is correct - this unit could be an answer to that.

Welcome aboard, @Nickbock .

Really interesting concept for a variety of reasons, especially since this hits square where I am working on from a drill perspective as the next step for me. I was actually looking at this before the topic popped. Based on some of the videos and documentation, it looks like you can tell the system which club you are swinging before you swing and then let it aggregate the data for the swings, correct? You don't hve to tell it which club after each swing do you?

Also interested on how the algorithms show difference in idea between an iron swing and a driver swing. Is it fair to say the assessment looks at the average results for a given number of swings to try to determine where "square" is in relation to your body angles since there is no sensor to tall you where the club face is? I am assuming then it doesn't matter if you have a weak or strong grip as to baselines you to where ever you are and then makes recommendations from there, correct?

Last edited:
Good to see more tech in the sensor style to indicate what you are doing.

Hey guys, I'm Nick Bockenfeld. I'm the head of Business Development at CTRL. I would love to field any questions you guys have about our CTRL Sleeve and our Indiegogo campaign. Also, if any of yall are in the Dallas/FT Worth area, I would love to set up a time for you to come in and try out the product!

I had the Swingbyte’s back when but I could never get 100% comfortable w/ the data. Always thought it was β€œmisaligned” on the club for whatever reason. I’m always tinkering w/ my swing so this sounds interesting. I’m in the Frisco area and could β€œswing” by one day in the future. Watched the marketing video online....well done.

Hey Nick,

I looked up your product on Indiegogo and I had this one question. Does the top (bicep) motion sensor need to be at the same position to give you the proper reads ? If so, how do you make sure you can properly position it every time ? I'm wondering because it seems like that top sensor is not "anchored" and could move depending on how much you pull the sleeve or if the sleeve twists when wrapped around the arm.

Thanks tons !

Julien

This looks like an interesting training device.

Great Question Julien, it's nice to meet you.

It needs to be roughly in the same position. The easiest way to position it is to make sure the seam of the sleeve goes along the inside of your arm and is straight. If the seam is straight then the sensor will be in roughly the same position every time. The sensors will allow a small tolerance in regards to the position.

Did that answer your question?

Thanks for the quick answer on this Nick. Very likely that I'll try it out.
All the best with the product and company !

Interesting idea, would like to see some peoples test results using this.

Signed up for the emails. Cant wait to see how this idea progresses!

I just got an email about this today, anyone been using it?

Back