Cuater by TravisMathew: The Legend and The Moneymaker

I love the money makers. I’ve worn them inside when I went to hit some balls on a local trackman. They feel fantastic and the best way to describe these is that they sit in a category of their own right between spiked and spikeless. Stability of a spiked shoe without losing the comfort of a spikeless.

I’m just really impressed.

The toe box on these look too narrow for me which is a shame

I'm not sure if you're referring to the Moneymaker or Legend, but if it's the latter, I have Legends, prefer a wider toe box, and really like the feel of them. They are sized a touch big, so it may be that I'm about a half size long, but my toes don't feel cramped at all.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the Moneymaker or Legend, but if it's the latter, I have Legends, prefer a wider toe box, and really like the feel of them. They are sized a touch big, so it may be that I'm about a half size long, but my toes don't feel cramped at all.
I will have to see if i can find a store locally to try them out. Thank you for the heads up!

I’ve been wearing the hell out of my dailies. Very nice.

The greys I would wear are out of stock currently so I'll have to keep checking.

I own multiple pairs of TM shorts, have owned numerous polos and quarter zips. I really like their products and obviously am a big fan of Callaway. So I take zero pleasure in saying this but their customer service around my Cuater shoes has been absolutely horrible. I'll probably continue to buy their products from my local pro shop but I seriously doubt I ever buy anything from their website ever again. Amazingly their customer service reps are actually worse than their ability to process a sale in a timely manner or maintain inventory of items they continuously advertise. We can refer to this post the next time someone claims Callaway homerism.

Wore the Moneymakers on the course today. Had been a while since I wore them, quite comfortable, provided good traction on the dormant zoysia. They are nice and light, and didn't notice that I was leaving any marks on the greens.
My only complaint is how easy they pick up dirt and show dirt, on the flip side, they do clean up easily.

I need them to restock sizes. For real.

I was finally able to get out with my pair of Legends today (thank you THP!) and give then a pretty good test. We played 27 holes and whole we ride it was CPO and since I played pretty terrible I put a lot of miles on. I have a few thoughts.

Sizing: like some others have said these seem to run about a half a size big. I was able to tighten the laces and they were feeling good but just slightly big.

Comfort: these really shine in the comfort department. I don't feel like there was much of a break in period and I would have been completely comfortable walking 18 in them. The insole is a soft firmness. They feel soft on the bottom of my feet but I feel like there Is plenty of support.

Conditions today were EXTREMELY wet. I was really bummed when on the first fairway I walked through a mushy spot and my shoes were covered in mud. I thought for sure they were wrecked. Luckily though a quick wipe of the towel and they cleaned right up. Throughout the whole round it was like this but they cleaned right up. Once we got back to the room I took a wet towel to them and they look great again with only a little color change on some stitching. Even better they kept my feet dry all day, not one issue there.

If anyone has any questions let me know. I'll be wearing these again tomorrow and can work on feedback for you guys if it's something I didn't cover. So far I'm loving them and they are easily going to be a go to shoe.

That’s pretty impressive. Just wiped down or did you do more?
I only used a wet towel. I was super impressed how well they cleaned up. I thought for sure I made a huge mistake wearing them and that I wrecked them. It was a pretty huge relief after they cleaned up.

I don't know who they paid for that brand name but I'd request a refund. Or maybe I'm missing something. It is too strange. But I hope the name does not detract people from looking at the brand (although it will).

Cuater - I thought "maybe it means something." So I did a google search, thinking it might have some ancient meaning where we can all say, "Ahh, I get it now."

So I typed in "meaning of cuater" and Google the Almighty wanted to search "meaning of quarter." I typed in "cuater" and clicked on a link to Ancestry.com. It's the name of family in Louisiana. Could be Travis' ancestry. Maybe I'll send it to Travis Matthew, because apparently he lost something - I think it was his mind - to name a premium brand "cuater."

Why not call it "Trav." Better than cuater.

TM -- Just tell me where to send my $100k invoice for your new brand name - TRAV

Reactions: KEV
I only used a wet towel. I was super impressed how well they cleaned up. I thought for sure I made a huge mistake wearing them and that I wrecked them. It was a pretty huge relief after they cleaned up.

They clean up surprisingly well. I was so excited to wear my new kicks for Day 1 of The Grandaddy, but with the rain, I was worried I trashed them. Really happy to see how easy they were to clean up back at the hotel.

I have wore the Moneymakers the last two rounds. Very comfortable, plenty of traction on the dormant Zoysia.

The Daily is restocked! Hell yes!

the more i wear my legends, the more i like them. styling is really solid. i’ve gotten lots of compliments. comfort is better with each wear. there are some finishes that are already showing wear, even though i don’t wear them every often. good shoe, i’m not sure it’s priced appropriately though. i’d buy another pair for $150. $250 is a big ask.

Looks like I'm going to be walking in some Legends pretty soon. Pretty excited to see what they are all about. In reality, I just want to be like @McLovin

Looks like I'm going to be walking in some Legends pretty soon. Pretty excited to see what they are all about. In reality, I just want to be like @McLovin

they are seriously one of my favorite looking "traditional" shoes I've ever owned. it took me a little while to break them in, but now that I have I find them super comfortable.

These aren’t at all my traditional style. But I ******* want them. Now.
I've only had a small sample size to judge them on but I'm a big fan. They do seem to run about a 1/2 size big. I think they're going to be a go to this season.

I've only had a small sample size to judge them on but I'm a big fan. They do seem to run about a 1/2 size big. I think they're going to be a go to this season.
I’ve read that comment a few times. Means 13 will be perfect for me. (y)

I’ve put several rounds on my Moneymakers (Thanks again Secret Santa!!) in the last couple weeks. All walking, some carrying, one with the push cart today. My course is not what I’d call “walker friendly”, some holes have 100+ feet of elevation change, and there’s places where it’s 500+ yards from green to tee box, on asphalt with no handy walker shortcut. In short, it’s exhausting and lots of miles up and down, mostly on paved cart paths.

Today I noticed my feet were hot for the first time, but I think that’s largely due to the fact that my shoes live in the trunk of my car, and it’s a hot day. No pressure point hot spots, no rubbing, no chafing. No issues with losing traction, and they’re overall very comfortable to wear around.

Mine are still covered in pollen (yay spring! :rolleyes:) so I haven’t tried to clean them up yet. I’ll get around to that in a couple weeks when the pollen settles down for the summer. Seems kinda pointless to try that at this point.

Wasn’t the Cuarter the guy who acquired one of the Infinity Stones in the Marvel Movies. I work with an Italian shoe brand and hear the word curate a lot lately.

Just noticed that my wife’s Brooks running shoes have the same midsole as the Moneymaker.

Back