Cuater by TravisMathew: The Legend and The Moneymaker

Maybe I should scotch guard mine? Don't know if that will help much with stains though. Might help some with dew/moisture.
I def wish I’d been patient and done this.

What color do you have Jon?

Did you get some pics up yet @Jman ? I got the light colored in December and while they did stain, they came right out with a bit of brushing with soap and water. I bet you got a bad pair which is to bad. Haven't had the wet feet issues as far as the water proofing goes.

Did you get some pics up yet @Jman ? I got the light colored in December and while they did stain, they came right out with a bit of brushing with soap and water. I bet you got a bad pair which is to bad. Haven't had the wet feet issues as far as the water proofing goes.
I never had a wet foot issue, just the staining. And I’m sure I can scrub them, and knowing you had to and it worked is a relief, but that’s going to suck after every use.

I’m currently watching three kids, so pics will have to wait until this weekend.

I def wish I’d been patient and done this.

What color do you have Jon?

Light grey as well. I've only worn them for winter rounds in Florida so far. Too muddy locally for nice shoes in the spring. Think I'm gonna give 'em a good cleaning and scotch guard them this weekend.

Light grey as well. I've only worn them for winter rounds in Florida so far. Too muddy locally for nice shoes in the spring. Think I'm gonna give 'em a good cleaning and scotch guard them this weekend.
If I get them clean, which from what @Snickerdog thank goodness says it’ll work, I’ll be spraying mine too.

Only thing I wonder is if this will effect the breathability of the shoe?

That's disappointing to hear about the staining. Even if you can get them clean for the price of the shoes I wouldn't want to have to do that anytime I play in wet conditions. It's one thing if you just have to take a wet paper towel liked I've done with the Legends but to have to scrub them is a pain.

If I get them clean, which from what @Snickerdog thank goodness says it’ll work, I’ll be spraying mine too.
I just used some dial soap and a soft bristle brush.

And I want this clear, I’m not nor was I ever attacking the brand or whatever. Just sharing an experience that makes me bummed. It’s not the same experience as some others, but that doesn’t take away from the reality of it.

Comfort def isn’t the issue, all the Cuater shoes I have (four pairs I bought) are super comfy.

I just used some dial soap and a soft bristle brush.
Appreciate it. Also appreciate you backing up that I’m not off my rocker with the stains.

Only thing I wonder is if this will effect the breathability of the shoe?

They're already waterproofed to some extent. I'd think that would just protect the woven part. If that's all it takes these are a win for me. So comfortable. When I'm finally ready to drop the required scratch, I definitely want a pair of legends.

They're already waterproofed to some extent. I'd think that would just protect the woven part. If that's all it takes these are a win for me. So comfortable. When I'm finally ready to drop the required scratch, I definitely want a pair of legends.
Legends are awesome.

Maybe I should scotch guard mine? Don't know if that will help much with stains though. Might help some with dew/moisture.
I did Scotchguard mine.

Wore the Moneymakers today and walked 18, feet felt good after the round. I haven't been walking regular but building up to it and the Moneymakers provide good arch support and are plenty comfortable. Traction is good and had no slipping issue.
They do get dirty easy and show stains, but can be cleaned up and look good again.

Wearing my Money Maker shoes around the house today haha.

These are such good looking shoes. For the pricepoint its seems they should have a waterproof membrane.

I've been wearing my Legends almost exclusively and I can't say enough good things about them. They have become the go to's every round.

The only negatives I can say are that the shoe laces are getting a little discolored and there is one area that just in front of the lace area that has some discoloring that I can't quite get clean. It's not super noticeable though and IMO after being worn so much is probably to be expected on all white shoes.

Appreciate it. Also appreciate you backing up that I’m not off my rocker with the stains.
I have the white pair and the stain issue isn’t just you, mine have shown a good bit of dirt and stains unfortunately. I’ve cleaned them once With good results but I keep wearing them strictly for the Comfort.

Did you reachout to them about yours?

I wore these for my round yesterday morning. We had some rain come through before and my early morning round had some damp conditions through the front nine. I wanted to see how they would hold up in wet/damp conditions, traction as well as how easy the dirt or mud would wipe off.

First comfort is there. I’ve been wearing my Jordan’s and wearing these I didn’t give up any comfort. The back of the shoe is my only concern as it felt like it was rubbing on my heel/Achilles, but after a few steps I didn’t notice. Even the first couple of holes I tried to pay attention and the rubbing wasn’t there. Not sure what it is but initially it’s there but walking around it goes away.

I forgot to take a picture, but these got some pretty good grass and dirt/mud on them. I wiped them off once during the round and by the time I got home the dirt was dry. the dirt came off relatively easy on the course.

the toe box area I wanted to pay attention to bc of the swing that area will come in contact with the ground a lot. Post round there was dirt and grass. When I got home a little water and wet rag got the stains right out. I’m not one to throw my golf shoes in the washer so I’m happy that the dirt or mud comes right out and doesn’t leave any stains that won’t come out. By no means do these look new, nor would I expect them to, but given the color and conditions I’ve used them in, I’m happy.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Solid write up @mikegolf711 and glad to hear it came clean. Mine have as well but haven’t gotten a ton of dirt on them before.

I wore my Moneymakers today and they have slid into the #1 spot for me. Super comfortable and provide some of the best traction for a spikeless shoe I’ve owned. I know others have had issues with wear or stains, and while not discounting the per experiences, I’ve combated that a bit by wiping them down throughout my round and once my round is over. It’s not something any golfer should do for a shoe at this price point, but that’s what I do to keep them clean and it helps my OCD.

I wore my Moneymakers today and they have slid into the #1 spot for me. Super comfortable and provide some of the best traction for a spikeless shoe I’ve owned. I know others have had issues with wear or stains, and while not discounting the per experiences, I’ve combated that a bit by wiping them down throughout my round and once my round is over. It’s not something any golfer should do for a shoe at this price point, but that’s what I do to keep them clean and it helps my OCD.
I just give mine a quick scrub with the toothbrush and warm water and a bit of soap after the round and have good results cleaning them up. They do stain a bit but I have been able to keep them clean. Comfort wise they are top notch for sure.

I also really want to try a pair of the new Ringer shoe, but they don't have my size. :cry:

They are so comfortable

Back