Cuater by TravisMathew: The Legend and The Moneymaker

So, I know there have been a bunch of comments about the quality of these, but I figured I’d add some packaging pictures. These really do feel premium made. I can see the “expensive” side, and they really are, but I don’t think they’re over priced after holding them in hand. I have 0 time on the course with them yet, but they fit well, and feel very well made.

709E6039-7A13-44A8-81DD-B9CBF12E5B28.jpeg

Nicely wrapped in the box for sure.

7807CBAA-61F9-45CB-88CC-602CF26EF968.jpeg

Notice the foam cutouts to keep them in place in the box.

1CFBEB26-ABB8-424F-AE79-68D25C710148.jpeg

And some arts and crafts ideas for the box itself!

So, I know there have been a bunch of comments about the quality of these, but I figured I’d add some packaging pictures. These really do feel premium made. I can see the “expensive” side, and they really are, but I don’t think they’re over priced after holding them in hand. I have 0 time on the course with them yet, but they fit well, and feel very well made.

View attachment 8918910

View attachment 8918911

View attachment 8918912

Colorway looks awesome. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but these are more comfortable than nxt ignite. And way more stable.

Colorway looks awesome. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but these are more comfortable than nxt ignite. And way more stable.

Really looking forward to getting them on the course. Might be a while yet though.

They have a contest on IG right now!

View attachment 8918910

View attachment 8918911

View attachment 8918912

Sadly there was no room during my return trip to bring the box. But, I agree that it's very nice.

I like the color choice btw!

As I mentioned, I have the Legend version.

My first impression on the two days I wore them during The Grandaddy are below:

Fit: I got the size 10. They felt a bit big on the no show socks I was wearing on Wednesday. My socks were falling down off the heal in the shoes. I felt I could've gone with a 9.5, but I switched to a bit thicker pair of socks the next day and it felt just right. I'd say these shoes are not made for no show/thin socks.

Comfort: I wore these all day for two days in a row and I had no pain or discomfort whatsoever. Normally when I am done playing, taking my shoes off gives a relief, but with these, I felt like I could go another 18 holes. I also didn't need a break in period.

Traction: Super stable and firm on the ground. Wednesday was raining most of the day and it was wet. I had no trouble holding the ground and no slippage. They felt like it grabbed the ground. Thursday was dry day and they held pretty well. Overall, fantastic traction control in both conditions.

Style: When I first saw them, this was my first thought:

View attachment 8918328

the vintage spike shoes. These were redone with a modern twist. I just love the classic look of these. I felt good playing in them and they just go well with pants.

View attachment 8918331

Overall: They are super comfortable and light. I felt like I was walking on air. They held up very well in the 7 hours I played in the rain and my socks were completely dry. I highly recommend giving these a look if you are looking for some vintage look with a modern twist.
I would love to find some kilties to go on these.

I have a wide foot. Any suggestions on sizing from those that have actually had the shoes on their feet?
I’d maybe size up a half size. I’m a 10.5 and I feel like there isn’t a ton of room to spare. I generally wear a M width.

I have a wide foot. Any suggestions on sizing from those that have actually had the shoes on their feet?
They’re not all that snug so you may not need a wide size. Plus they’re a stretchy knitted material so it has some give to them.

They felt pretty true to size for me

I'm going to get a pair of the wool Daily shoes, but can't decide on light grey versus charcoal...

I typically wear an 11w. These are fine in an 11.5, snug but not uncomfortable

They’re not all that snug so you may not need a wide size. Plus they’re a stretchy knitted material so it has some give to them.
Probably looking at the Legend shoe. At 6'2" and over 300, the new knit materials don't hold up well for me.

It didn't occur to me to take before pictures. But, playing in the rain and having to walk through the tall grass more than I'd like to admit, saw my gray shoes looking pretty mucky after one round of use.

Pulled the laces out, wrapped them in a towel, and threw them in the wash. Came out looking just about brand new.

20191213_202839.jpg20191213_202843.jpg

I wore the Legends for the second time yesterday. They are now completely broke in with zero pain or discomfort. I like the understated styling a lot, they might be too plain for some tastes but they are perfect for me.

It didn't occur to me to take before pictures. But, playing in the rain and having to walk through the tall grass more than I'd like to admit, saw my gray shoes looking pretty mucky after one round of use.

Pulled the laces out, wrapped them in a towel, and threw them in the wash. Came out looking just about brand new.

View attachment 8918981View attachment 8918982
Good call taking the laces out - I will probably do the same to make sure I get them totally cleaned up.

I purchased Dailies on the 10th and haven’t heard anything from TM so I gave their CS department a call today. They were slammed by the responses to the assorted sales they offered. They are upgrading everyone who purchased from 12/10 through the 17th (?) to free 2 day air with UPS. People in that purchase window should receive their orders by this Friday.

I purchased Dailies on the 10th and haven’t heard anything from TM so I gave their CS department a call today. They were slammed by the responses to the assorted sales they offered. They are upgrading everyone who purchased from 12/10 through the 17th (?) to free 2 day air with UPS. People in that purchase window should receive their orders by this Friday.
Looking forward to what you guys that ordered the Dailies think of them.

Heads-up for people -- there is a chance TM will send you a "sorry here's 25% off next time" email as well. I've had a couple orders delayed in the past that ended up getting follow-up emails with 25% off codes.

Love the moneymaker shoe. More style that the FJ flex

Back