Cuater by TravisMathew: The Legend and The Moneymaker

From the pictures it looks like these have a “normal” height at the ankle, as in they’re not low cut like Sperrys Top Siders. Sperrys look weird with visible socks.
Any concerns like that with the Daily’s?

I would say no.... the inner ankle is cut a little low as opposed to offering a bunch of extra padding, and the outer is higher and more typical height. To me, looks very comparable to "skate" shoes but without the clunky padding. And is fine with socks.

Last edited:
And now I see that TM is out of stock of the Daily shoe I purchased in the size I actually need .... I paid on 12/10. didn't get the shoes until 12/23. Won't get shoes that fit until who knows when. I'm out. When they re-open their CS department Thursday I will be getting a refund / return.

Grabbed a pair of Moneymakers in grey last month. Played two rounds in them over the holidays. Weather was on and off rain, but no major mud issues or anything.

Super comfortable for me. I usually wear a 12 and these fit me well in that size. Kept my feet dry both days and provided more than enough traction, and they didn't leave too heavy of a print on the greens. To boot, after a quick wipe down each day, they barely look used at all. So far pretty happy with this purchase and definitely pondering a pair of the Dailies as a casual option.

I wore the moneymakers around town yesterday after my round, just needed to do a couple things, and ended up waiting on a haircut for quite a while. Very solid all the way around. Not super practical for wearing all day like some other spikeless models, I think on a wet tile floor these would have me eating grout, but for a quick errand or two on the way too/from the course these are great.

On the course I’m still impressed by the grip and the comfort. These will definitely be my go to shoe for the season.

i got a pair of cuater socks for christmas. they are the softest most comfortable crew length socks i think i’ve ever owned.

i got a pair of cuater socks for christmas. they are the softest most comfortable crew length socks i think i’ve ever owned.

I received two pair as well. I haven't tried them on the course yet, but they're very comfy.

I got a pair of the spikeless golf shoe in the light grey and used them for 4 rounds last week on vacation. Shoes were really comfortable with no break-in needed. No slippage issues so far. My only gripe is that the top of the toe box tends to get pretty dirty from swinging in them. I played at 645am with some morning dew so not sure that contributed to it but I had to take a wet towel and try to wipe them clean after the round. Hopefully they don't stain. Other than that minor issue the shoes are awesome.

I am sorry to say my CS experience with TravisMathew is not going well. Using their online form I sent a message about the troubles I've been having and also sent a separate message via FB private message. It has been a week and so far I have not received a response. This is putting a dent in my normal fandom of TM.

I am sorry to say my CS experience with TravisMathew is not going well. Using their online form I sent a message about the troubles I've been having and also sent a separate message via FB private message. It has been a week and so far I have not received a response. This is putting a dent in my normal fandom of TM.

I'd call them. They have always been extremely receptive when I've called.

I'd call them. They have always been extremely receptive when I've called.
Thanks. I did and it didn't go well. I am obviously having a bad experience, probably an anomaly, so I was trying to give it a rest on the forum with the blow by blow updates.

I got a pair of the spikeless golf shoe in the light grey and used them for 4 rounds last week on vacation. Shoes were really comfortable with no break-in needed. No slippage issues so far. My only gripe is that the top of the toe box tends to get pretty dirty from swinging in them. I played at 645am with some morning dew so not sure that contributed to it but I had to take a wet towel and try to wipe them clean after the round. Hopefully they don't stain. Other than that minor issue the shoes are awesome.
The only time I was able to use them outdoors it rained the entire day. They were pretty dirty after that. I removed the laces, wrapped them in a towel, and there them in the washing machine. Came out looking dang near brand new after.

The Daily’s I ordered showed up on Wednesday, wore them at work on Thursday. Like the Moneymakers they’re not wide by any means, but they fit pretty much exactly like the moneymakers. 11.5 for me works well, but they’re going to need a bit of a break in period. It’s really hard to say how much I’ll like them as an all day shoe after one day, but I’m pleased so far. They look great, and I didn’t have any chafing or rubbing after the first day. Well, not much at least, I did start to notice the seam in the toe of my socks later in the day, I think that should ease up after I spend some time in them.

I’ve run them thru the wash, used stain remover, and this is how the moneymakers are looking. A bit disappointing as these are some of the most comfortable shoes I’ve worn and definitely the most stable golf shoe of this style that I’ve worn. May get some navy ones when they go on sale.
1578838960881.jpeg

I know originally TM socks were made in partnership with Stance, still the case now that it's Cuater?

I’ve run them thru the wash, used stain remover, and this is how the moneymakers are looking. A bit disappointing as these are some of the most comfortable shoes I’ve worn and definitely the most stable golf shoe of this style that I’ve worn. May get some navy ones when they go on sale.
View attachment 8922208

Ouch. I like the Navy a lot, but I’m definitely babying them. Any kind of icky weather calls for another pair.

I know originally TM socks were made in partnership with Stance, still the case now that it's Cuater?

i don’t know the answer to that. maybe someone from cuater/tm/callaway can chime in.

The grey or navy look so good

Phil is wearing these this week.
He is not sponsored by the company So they have no quote on it

Phil is wearing these this week.
He is not sponsored by the company So they have no quote on it

which ones?

i wore my legacies for a 2 hour round session then a round of golf last weekend. i would say they are now sufficiently broken in and i love them!

Speaking of Legends...

1074E715-FB55-49F9-AFC6-AB2F90A0C8DC.jpeg

Thanks to a Tap from an earlier thread about the THPer's shoe collections a pair of the Cuater Legends showed up to my doorstep. I've drooled over these shoes since first seeing them so my excitement was pretty high!

My first thoughts are that they look just as good as the pictures show. They are a great combination of a classic look with a hint of modern.

Visually these have some nice little features.I'm probably more impressed by the Cuater name on the end of the shoelace than I should be.

18F4D7DE-F6D1-4903-B60E-AB3BD57EA5CD.jpeg
860A400D-8054-45AD-B967-41B5DCAB0A5E.jpeg

Something else that I noticed is how the insole almost looks like a smooth felt. I know some of you probably think that's a weird thing to be impressed by but to me it gives a high end look and feeling.

860FFBEC-7AD3-4769-BC64-C4E15AA268E1.jpeg

I've spent a decent amount of time walking around the house in these and like most leather shoes they're going to take some time to break in. Besides that they seem extremely comfortable, especially for a full leather, spiked shoe. Out of the box they are more comfortable than other similar style of shoes I've worn and seem like they're going to be completely comfortable for 18+ holes.

BA234092-B8B6-42A2-81B9-7C39532D8FD0.jpeg

These will be getting a big workout at the beginning of March when I play 3 rounds in Myrtle Beach. There's a chance I may not play the best golf out of the group during the trip but I'll definitely have the best shoe game! A huge thank you goes to THP for the chance to try these out and give some feedback!

Back