Cuater Golf Shoes - The Legend

I'm torn on these after one walking round of 18. I thought they were fairly comfortable for most of the round. More on the stiff and structured side than I am used to, which has been mentioned before. The sole provided enough cushion though so the bottom of my feet were feeling fine. During the round there were zero issues with bad footing, which I would expect from a spike shoe. Also no water issues, which I would expect, but I did play the day after some rain.

Anyway here is where things go a little crazy. And I'm going to preface this like this. Have you ever gotten sick after eating something earlier in the day and you blame that food, even if it wasn't? Well man, my right big toe was in a ton of pain after the round and it started around hole 14-15. It lasted for multiple hours after the round. I don't know if I can blame the shoes for that or not, but it's definitely baked in my head now.

I'll still be wearing them the next time out because I liked a lot about them. The first 3/4 of the round I wore them with a pair of rain pants(it was colder than I thought thanks to the wind), an then switched to shorts, because why not.

I'm torn on these after one walking round of 18. I thought they were fairly comfortable for most of the round. More on the stiff and structured side than I am used to, which has been mentioned before. The sole provided enough cushion though so the bottom of my feet were feeling fine. During the round there were zero issues with bad footing, which I would expect from a spike shoe. Also no water issues, which I would expect, but I did play the day after some rain.

Anyway here is where things go a little crazy. And I'm going to preface this like this. Have you ever gotten sick after eating something earlier in the day and you blame that food, even if it wasn't? Well man, my right big toe was in a ton of pain after the round and it started around hole 14-15. It lasted for multiple hours after the round. I don't know if I can blame the shoes for that or not, but it's definitely baked in my head now.

I'll still be wearing them the next time out because I liked a lot about them. The first 3/4 of the round I wore them with a pair of rain pants(it was colder than I thought thanks to the wind), an then switched to shorts, because why not.

being transparent, I didn't like these shoes at all after my time at the grandaddy. they looked great, super classy, but I had really bad blisters and they just weren't comfortable. but I didn't quit on them, and after a couple more times wearing them I finally broke them in and they're awesome now. I think it had just been so long since i'd worn any shoe with structure, I forgot about the break-in period, and maybe these need even more breaking in than normal shoes (though i'm not ready to say that with any confidence).

being transparent, I didn't like these shoes at all after my time at the grandaddy. they looked great, super classy, but I had really bad blisters and they just weren't comfortable. but I didn't quit on them, and after a couple more times wearing them I finally broke them in and they're awesome now. I think it had just been so long since i'd worn any shoe with structure, I forgot about the break-in period, and maybe these need even more breaking in than normal shoes (though i'm not ready to say that with any confidence).
Is the same way with the Moneymakers, have to get thru the break in period.

I can definitely see that. It's why I'm not going to quit on them. I didn't have any blisters which is great and I was a bit worried about that because the course I was walking wasn't exactly flat. Usually that spells doom for me with new shoes.

That's too bad to see the feedback about blisters and possible issues. I never experienced anything like that myself but I rarely have issues like that with new shoes, they have to be pretty bad for it to happen. Mine have definitely become more comfortable as time has gone on though.

That's too bad to see the feedback about blisters and possible issues. I never experienced anything like that myself but I rarely have issues like that with new shoes, they have to be pretty bad for it to happen. Mine have definitely become more comfortable as time has gone on though.

yeah, I blister up very easily. so I could see where my experience may not be everyone else's. that said, I am in love with the shoe now after some time with it.

I never had break-in issues with my Legends, but then again, I rarely find shoes that give me issues outside of sometimes being too narrow.

These were worn for another walking 18 round over the weekend. It was pretty toasty outside, so I was actually leaning towards another pair of shoes, but stuck with these. I got a few compliments on them about how people liked the classic look to them, and I can't disagree. They have really grown on me in that department, yes even in shorts.

These were worn for another walking 18 round over the weekend. It was pretty toasty outside, so I was actually leaning towards another pair of shoes, but stuck with these. I got a few compliments on them about how people liked the classic look to them, and I can't disagree. They have really grown on me in that department, yes even in shorts.
They really are pretty great. I've never had as many compliments about shoes as I have with these.

How did you like them in the heat? The last round I wore them in was really warm too and they weren't bad at all. A little warmer than a more breathable style would be but I didn't think it was bad at all.

after a brief time with another company's shoe that is getting some really good feedback here on the forum, i'm back to these. that other shoe gave me fits in the feets. after my round yesterday wearing the legends, I have zero pain in my feet. they fit me beautifully. and other than some flaking of the material on the tongue of the right shoe, they're holding up very well after about 7 months. and yes, they look freaking good in shorts!

They really are pretty great. I've never had as many compliments about shoes as I have with these.

How did you like them in the heat? The last round I wore them in was really warm too and they weren't bad at all. A little warmer than a more breathable style would be but I didn't think it was bad at all.

they weren't bad. I have other shoes I'd probably wear over them if it was super hot, but it wasn't necessarily a negative.

“Damn Kev, your shoe game is on point”

I love how many compliments I get about these shoes. Plus they’re still comfortable as hell.

My rounds this week were both in wet conditions, and not a single concern about my feet getting wet. Great shoes.

i loved these shoes. in the past tense. because after a few holes today it felt like my right shoe wasn’t as tight as when i started. went to re-tie it and saw this.

10DEFEDD-A144-42F6-AD47-F272488A4F99.jpeg

one of the eyeholes or whatever they’re called broke during a downswing. i received these for free in the grandaddy so i won’t contact customer service. but if i had paid, i would surely be contacting them and expressing my dissatisfaction. but without a warranty...

i loved these shoes. in the past tense. because after a few holes today it felt like my right shoe wasn’t as tight as when i started. went to re-tie it and saw this.

View attachment 8950946

one of the eyeholes or whatever they’re called broke during a downswing. i received these for free in the grandaddy so i won’t contact customer service. but if i had paid, i would surely be contacting them and expressing my dissatisfaction. but without a warranty...

Wow, that really sucks man. I’ll have to go check mine out and see what they look like. Hopefully that’s just a freak accident.

Rocking these during my rounds here in Branson with @sposey013168 and he was impressed. Also wore them this week with my former HS golfing stud in his practice round and he was shocked too at how good they look.

They’re the perfect riding shoes, so classy. But, definitely never walking in them again, did that once, and it’s just not the best build for that, for me.

Rocking these during my rounds here in Branson with @sposey013168 and he was impressed. Also wore them this week with my former HS golfing stud in his practice round and he was shocked too at how good they look.

They’re the perfect riding shoes, so classy. But, definitely never walking in them again, did that once, and it’s just not the best build for that, for me.
They look so good. Like always you cause me to spend money 😈😈😈

I've worn the heck out of these shoes and I still think they are looking really good considering. I'll typically take a Magic Eraser to them after the round and it's works really well. I still love how comfortable they are even after so much wear.

C1CDDCB4-2915-4F92-944E-24E4E9E9E6AC.jpeg

I've worn the heck out of these shoes and I still think they are looking really good considering. I'll typically take a Magic Eraser to them after the round and it's works really well. I still love how comfortable they are even after so much wear.

View attachment 8953988
I rocked mine in Branson with @sposey013168 last week and at The Patriot yesterday and love them for rising rounds. Absolutely love them.

Back