Cuban Food Thread

Bummed that there's not much around here (actually nothing that I'm aware of). Closest thing is a place called Rockne's that serves Cuban black bean soup (which is fantastic - I don't know if it's authentic Cuban dish, though). Love that black bean soup!

Told a couple friends of mine about Jose's last night. Might have to make a trip with them next weekend for a food field trip.

Also, really awaiting that event I proposed to JB. There's no logic to it or plan, or even golf, but I guarantee it would sell out in seconds.

Told a couple friends of mine about Jose's last night. Might have to make a trip with them next weekend for a food field trip.

Also, really awaiting that event I proposed to JB. There's no logic to it or plan, or even golf, but I guarantee it would sell out in seconds.

It was awesome food. Guy from Triple D was right.

For my buddy Canes. Got this and Iron Beer at publix today.

u2u4y8eh.jpg

Those are delicious. Could eat about 3 boxes by myself without thinking twice.

JB get these next at Publix. They are amazing!
2ape3ypa.jpg

Guys, I'm not trying to be "that" guy, but fried plantains are not that hard. Not much more effort than taking frozen ones of out box and throwing into oven.

#RollFoodSnob

Guys, I'm not trying to be "that" guy, but fried plantains are not that hard. Not much more effort than taking frozen ones of out box and throwing into oven.

#RollFoodSnob

They are not that hard. They are harder than that. But if my Cuban brother from another mother Canes says they are good enough for him...They are good enough for me. :angel:

#RollFoodSnob

This is a rare case when a frozen food tastes just as good or better than made from scratch. Plus its quick in the micro! :thumbup:

Tostones are amazing. My wife makes them all the times as she's Dominican. It's apart of our means quite often. Epically now her mother is staying with us for a while. I love that Carribean food. Miss it quite a bit though. I spent 2 years living there, quite enjoyable so many great options for food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at Gordo's in Tallahassee eating the lechon asada, crying, thinking of Jose's in Bradenton.

I'm at Gordo's in Tallahassee eating the lechon asada, crying, thinking of Jose's in Bradenton.

Not even comparable in the least either. I really need to go to Jose's again

Feels like a Cuban sandwich kind of day.

These will be consumed today.

Cuban-Sandwich.jpg

Feels like a Cuban sandwich kind of day.
Man haven't had a cuban since moving to Iowa. Sad fact.

There was this cuban place i frequented in Chicago. Though your Florida options are probably more legit.

Man haven't had a cuban since moving to Iowa. Sad fact.

There was this cuban place i frequented in Chicago. Though your Florida options are probably more legit.

Im not a huge believer in area dictates quality, but there are certainly more options I would say. Especially as you get closer to south florida. Tampa has some historic favorites however.

I recently had a pan con lechon (pork sandwich). So good.

I recently had a pan con lechon (pork sandwich). So good.

Nice. Just stocked up on all the ingredients for sandwiches today. Going to be good.

And done

184546a74968db4cc41e79f06ca0a99a.jpg

Wow that was fast. How'd you cook the pork so fast? Or is it store bought meat?

Used store bought. Came out incredibly well done.

New place today

97856f99ae9e240eedbec93b622f4d73.jpg

42a77a555a457137fdd34c282d60ec8d.jpg

Back