Cuban Food Thread

Cuban or Pan con bistec sandwich is happening today!!

I just finished a full colada while on my conference call and now I feel like I can fight the world.

Is there a big difference between Cuban and Latin food?

I would say yes, in most cases. There would be less of a difference between Cuban food and Puerto Rican food, for example, but a much bigger difference between Cuban food and Brazillian or Peruvian food. I would say that most "latin" styled restaurants would be closer to the Cuban food model in their dishes, with perhaps some offerings from other areas or locals.

As long as they have maduros, I'm good. I guess I like Peruvian the best.

I would say yes, in most cases. There would be less of a difference between Cuban food and Puerto Rican food, for example, but a much bigger difference between Cuban food and Brazillian or Peruvian food. I would say that most "latin" styled restaurants would be closer to the Cuban food model in their dishes, with perhaps some offerings from other areas or locals.

I would agree that it's different, and it's very different from Mexican food. And a big misconception for some reason is that Cuban food is spicy, but in reality it is not spicy at all. Growing up in south Florida we had a lot of Cuban food, it's one of my favorite cuisines.

There are a couple Latin places here in Wilmington that are amazing. Savorez and Ceviche's.

Just found out we have a Cuban place near the new house. I feel like @BigDill made this happen.

Just found out we have a Cuban place near the new house. I feel like @BigDill made this happen.
I am going to need a full report. And a menu picture.

My waistline is going to take a hit from this weekend, but we found a Cuban restaurant near by so we gave it a try. This plate is my childhood, it was so good!

View attachment 9114363
GO ahead and send a care package. I NEED THIS! We have a Cuban spot near us but it isn't the best but does okay in a pinch.

Never seen a hint of Cuban food up here. Lots of Mexican. Also can't find Thai food, which I would love to try. However, I did see a new place that just opened up that advertises Puerto Rican food. I'll have to give that place a try.

You are dead on. It would be like saying is there a difference between Italian Food and Greek Food. Similar regions, different cultures, very different food.

I’m going to a Cuban Bakery in Tampa on either Friday or Saturday. I think I’m going to get a Cuban Sandwich.

I have had Cuban food. I like it. It I honestly can’t say I have had “good” Cuban food. I think I am too far away on the west to get anything that authentic.

There was a Cuban place in the food court at Mayo when we were there that was actually amazing. No Cuban food in Montana sadly.

The Cuban places here in Tallahassee are pretty good for sandwiches and apps, but the more traditional stuff is lacking.

This was fantastic today

0097D654-9C80-429D-A4BD-51F07E3C7354.jpeg

Back