fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
On Wednesday I played golf with a guy who was using a putter I had never seen before. It was made by a company called Cure Putters. The model he was using was the RX5.

They really throw the cleveland frontline putters under the bus. Lol

They really throw the cleveland frontline putters under the bus. Lol
Eh. They’re taking some liberties about what Cleveland has said with their Frontline putters. They don’t discount MOI entirely.

But when you’re a company who bases MOI over everything else, it’s no surprise they took affront to a different take. They’d not be doing their job if they didn’t.

They make some good high MOI putters. The Classic series is quite good. The company has had some major changes the last 12 months, so I hope they can withstand it, because I like their stuff.

I’d forgotten I used to game a Cure putter. I like their ideas on weighting, and adjustability.

They take a lot of hits for their looks and sound(esp the early models) but for what they went after, they accomplished with a good performing line.

Original Cure putters were the ugliest worst sounding putters I have ever seen/heard in person.

Original Cure putters were the ugliest worst sounding putters I have ever seen/heard in person.

I own one of the originals and one of their more recent ones and I agree 100%. I have about 35 putters and those two are the only ones that I consider a complete waste of money. :)

Nothing like responding 2 and a half years later, but you mean these bad boys!?
0161A967-0268-4C96-8429-0F29EA99C7C3.jpeg
7627CA86-BBC0-4C8B-B60E-46448CAD7811.jpeg

THP had an event with this company back in 2015(?). I didn't even know they were still in business, but yes the original putters has a very distinct sound...not sure if the newer ones have changed the sound much

I admit to not following the putter market (at all) but do putters really need to be made from aircraft grade aluminum? I’d think companies could sell a lot more putters if they didn’t go after the (limited?) high end part of the market.

I have seen these. There is like 30 of them that have been sitting for 5 years in a bag now marked way down locally.

They always reminded me of a middle school science project gone horribly wrong, but I tried a few of them in store.

I had one many years ago that was about the size of a clay brick and sounded really funny. Was easy to put with and ultimately met its demise on trade after I scratched it pretty good whacking a copperhead over the noggin. I still have the leather bag the weights came in. Well made nifty bag. lol

Was cool to see them standing on their own!
IMG_8849.jpeg

Back