Current golf ball of choice?

MNMarc

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been a question before, but technology changes every year if not sooner. What is your favorite golf ball you’re using now and why?

Currently gaming the Srixon Z, its the ball I've put my HS team into.

Testing the new Tour B's though, and I wouldn't be shocked if I move back to B'stone this year.

Srixon Z-Star and Titleist ProV1

Don’t really have one. I liked the CSX TT, Z Star, V1 and V1X Last year. Lots of great options particularly with Bridgestone bringing it.

My favorite ball is the Srixon Z Star XV. I played the Chrome Soft for the most part last year to re familiarize myself with it heading into The Grandaddy. I think that the new Callaway balls will be great for me. In my limited time with them, I have enjoyed them quite a bit. But, once the season starts, they'll go toe to toe with the Z Stars. That is my gold standard at the moment.

I play the TP5 right now. I really like the feel of the golf ball. I want to try the B XS that is coming out to see how the cover technology is. If it's as good as advertised may switch.

Callaway ERC Soft. They just feel great to me. Also using the Z Star. Using both since they seem to perform pretty comparably for me. The new Bridgestone balls coming out soon look like the real deal though and I may switch to one of those.

Callaway ERC due to its high launch and carry providing me with increased distance compared to other balls I've used. The descent angle compensates for any reduced spin on approach shots and the amount of spin (or lack of spin) chipping and pitching is easily adjusted for.

Srixon ZStar XV. I have also played the ZStar. I like both.

I will give the new Bridgestone balls a hard look for this year. The new Chromesoft will get a test too. I like the truvis for #agingeyes. But the Srixons will be hard to beat.

bridgestone tour ball for slower swing...don't ask which name rs rws 330 who the F can follow all that stuff...I get em for free...Thank You son. Ha with Liberty Mutual logo's

The ProV1X has been my mainstay for the last few years. I tried the Z Star and Z Star XV last summer as a friend gave me a free dozen. I liked them pretty well and got 3 dozen recently to hit. Bought one dozen from the local store at $30 one day and then the next day got 2 from the local Srixon Rep at the course for $20 per dozen. Funny thing is I'd just shot one of my best rounds ever with a yellow ProV1x.

I will play these Z stars and then will be looking to try the new Chromesoft and Bridgestone balls.

Srixon Q Star Tour. Performance and price. I will be testing the new Bridgestone offerings this season

Titleist Pro V1x. I was fitted into them in December, and it will remain my ball of choice.

Pro V1 mostly because it gives me confidence knowing I'm hitting the leading ball. That said I'll play any premium ball I find on the course lol

B-X/XS

I have been using a few different ones. Q Stars, Bridgestone e12's, and will be trying Tour B RX's soon as I did V-Fit and that was what ball I am fit into.

Pro V1

New Callaway Chrome Soft. Works for my game.

It's a mix of Bridgestone e6's, b330rx, and Wilson Staff...

Currently have no idea. It will likely be a Srixon z-star or then New Bridgestone Tour B, won't be able to tell until I can actually play again

Last year, I mainly played the ERC Soft because I liked the TT, the soft feel and the all-around performance. I dabbled with the CSX w/ TT and Z Star to see if I liked the additional spin and firmer feel. I thought both were a little longer off the tee for me than the ERC or Tour BRXS.

When I’m cleared to begin hitting balls again, it’ll be fun to try all the new models.

i really like the callaway balls the ERC and the chrome soft. i love the triple track on the balls.

Going back and forth right now between the Pro v1x and the Bridgestone Tour B X.

Tour Bs vs Srixon head to head match up via online reviews .... I have some SIM time coming up so we will see....

Bridgestone Tour B RX (previous version). Have a dozen of the new version being delivered today.

Snell MTB-X. Performance and price, that for me, is hard to beat.

Back