Current version of YouTube TV

TonyB

Reaction score
Handicap
Is anyone using this? It looks like you get unlimited cloud DVR and 70 channels for $49 a month and can add Showtime for $7 more. Showtime is a must as some of our favorite programs are on it. Is the service worth it? Is the reception better through a Roku device? I can raise my internet to the top service and still be a 1/4 of the cost of what Direct TV is getting from us. :banghead:

I am probably going to do the free trial but it would be nice to hear some thoughts from long time users.

Is anyone using this? It looks like you get unlimited cloud DVR and 70 channels for $49 a month and can add Showtime for $7 more. Showtime is a must as some of our favorite programs are on it. Is the service worth it? Is the reception better through a Roku device? I can raise my internet to the top service and still be a 1/4 of the cost of what Direct TV is getting from us. :banghead:

I am probably going to do the free trial but it would be nice to hear some thoughts from long time users.

I have been using Youtube.TV since it first came out, and am very happy with it. Had Hulu with local channels for a while, but it had terrible lag and went out often. Enter Youtube.tv. Love the cloud storage and it has the golfchannel. Not perfect, but very acceptable in my house. It also has a good format, not perfect, but better than others. This December will be 2 years since we cut the cord, and since we already had Spectrum internet, no increase there. I get about 118mbps. We do use Roku, and I recommend the high end model as it will control the tv (without needing a second controller) and will maintain the current channel in the back ground while looking for something else to watch. The cheaper Roku will instantly leave the channel while you look.

I would do a trial of all the services to test them all. I like YTTV but it doesn’t have Viacom which knocked it out of our house.

I’m on a grandfathered Go Big DirectvNow plan with free HBO so I pay $50 for basically every channel there is. They’re going to phase it out and merge it in to a new service later this year probably but I’ll hang around until the end I imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried them all: PSVue, Sling, Hulu, and this is the best experience by far.

We've been using YTTV for a few months and we're very happy. Fox is the only channel that struggles with resolution but we've learned to live with it. We were having issues with choppy playback on recordings at one point but we swapped Roku boxes and the problem went away.

I will offer one warning. As I mentioned, we use a Roku, and we went over our data limit one month. What we were doing was just turning off the TV and leaving but the shows kept playing...using our data. So, we make sure to hit the home button on the Roku and the problem was resolved.

It may be a stretch but is there a on screen programming guide? I had thought about the DTV online but I have to come to despise dealing with them....

It may be a stretch but is there a on screen programming guide? I had thought about the DTV online but I have to come to despise dealing with them....
There is. You can scroll through in the app on your phone or with the Roku remote. We have been using YTTV since it was $30 or $35 and it's flawless from a quality perspective. It includes DVR capability and stores recordings for 9 months. Great option.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

There is. You can scroll through in the app on your phone or with the Roku remote. We have been using YTTV since it was $30 or $35 and it's flawless from a quality perspective. It includes DVR capability and stores recordings for 9 months. Great option.

My internet wifi speed is 280 download and 30 up. I would think that would be more than fast enough for this. I work from home and have business internet and could possible go all the way to a gig if I wanted.

My internet wifi speed is 280 download and 30 up. I would think that would be more than fast enough for this. I work from home and have business internet and could possible go all the way to a gig if I wanted.
Yeah I have a little less than half that speed and my service was flawless back when it was 75MB download speed.

Back