Current Wedge Setup: What’s in Your Bag?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What is your current wedge setup? What club brand/model? Lofts? Shaft?

They're in the signature.

Srixon Z785 PW and GW
Vokey SM6 56/14 and 60/04

Cobra Speedzone set PW/GW/SW and King black ONE-- all with the same Modus3 120's . Yep I'm the oddball haha.

• Staff
I guess I’ll start.

Vokey SM8’s for me. Moved to 48F/54D/62M this year and loving the gaps. Currently stock shafts, Onyx TI’s coming eventually.

• Staff
Haha, Jlew beat me. Nice setup dude!

MD5 Jaws 50&54 with Recoil 95's D2
PM Grind 58 with Recoil 95 D2

I have an interesting set up for now as I figure out distances with my new irons. PW and UW are Ping G700 with Recoil 65g shafts. Then, I have 52, 56 and 60 degree in Cleveland RTX4 with DG S400 Tour Edition steel shafts. Currently trying to figure out the distances for the PW, UW wedge and the 52 degree wedge. The U wedge is 49 degrees. I'm guessing the U wedge goes further than the 52 degree. But, I don't know by how much. I think the PW is 44 degrees.

• Staff
  • Staff
I have an interesting set up for now as I figure out distances with my new irons. PW and UW are Ping G700 with Recoil 65g shafts. Then, I have 52, 56 and 60 degree in Cleveland RTX4 with DG S400 Tour Edition steel shafts. Currently trying to figure out the distances for the PW, UW wedge and the 52 degree wedge. The U wedge is 49 degrees. I'm guessing the U wedge goes further than the 52 degree. But, I don't know by how much. I think the PW is 44 degrees.
How do you use that gap in the bag? If it’s mostly full swing, then a set wedge is never a bad option.

How do you like the RTX4s? I'm thinking of going that way. What did you have before those?

UHX D 49 degree Aerotech Steelfiber i70
Callaway Jaws MD 56 degree Aerotech Steelfiber i85
Callaway Jaws MD 60 degree Aerotech Steelfiber i85

UHX D 49 degree Aerotech Steelfiber i70
Callaway Jaws MD 56 degree Aerotech Steelfiber i85
Callaway Jaws MD 60 degree Aerotech Steelfiber i85
Rocking the Jaws and still crushing souls, like you did @ddec and I. Haha

I see the utility of the 52 Cleveland RTX4 for pitching around the green especially on uphill pitches were the 56 will likely check up short. The UW is more likely used on full shots for around 100 yds, I think. The 52 degree is more like 90 yds from what I could tell yesterday on the course. I am confident on full shots with either. Just need to figure out distances.

How do you like the 95’s in those Snicker?
I like the feel and since I do full swings with the 50* it made the transition from the irons seamless for me.

I like the feel and since I do full swings with the 50* it made the transition from the irons seamless for me.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Cleveland CBX2 54*. +1/2 length, up 2*. DG 115 wedge
Vokey SM7 60* D-grind. +1/2 length, up 3*. Vokey Wedge Flex
Matched loft and lie to my Ping G410 PW and UW. these have Ping AWT 2.0 S flex shafts.

In the bag but not in use: Cleveland RTX4 black satin 58* MID (9 bounce) Stock length and lie. It's so pretty. Was an impulse buy, but beat out by the Vokey.

Epic Forged PW and GW
Jaws MD in 48 degree (bent to 50), 54 degree (bent to 55), 60 degree
PM Grind 64 degrees

I've been toying with making some changes on mine lately.

46* ICON PW
50* RTX4
56* RTX4
60* PM Grind

I've toyed with going CBX2 in that 50* spot and bending my 56* to 55* or going to 50*, 54*, 58*.

I just switched over to a set of Ben Hogan Equalizers in 50/54/60 with Recoil 780 F4 shafts and they have been awesome so far. It is a similar setup to what JB has played for a few months, mostly because it is the wedge set that JB played for the last few months.

I knew that the Equalizer wedges were well liked by the guys from the Graphite Challenge with a few of them picking up the set. But they have blown me away so far, and I do not think it is a coincidence that I have had my three best rounds in forever, including a PB, since throwing these in the bag.

right now i'm
pw/aw Callaway mavrik pro, stock elevate tour s flex
56x/60x Callaway md5 jaws, stock dg tour issue s300

I have a md5 48s (I think that's the right grind) with stock dg tour issue s300. I adore the feel, flight and look of that wedge, but it was missing pretty hard left on me the times on the course. like, crazy hard left. it was snuck into my bag at ecpc because they didn't have mav pro aw available yet. the aw came later, and has been in my bag sense. it's an extremely versatile club, and honestly I can't think of a reason to pull the set aw out for the md5 48.

Rtx4 50
Rtx4 54
MD5 56
19 PM grind 60

Callaway MD5 Jaws 54/10s and 58/12x
Stock shaft and length

46347DE9-6367-49CF-8498-392E7FF4AA55.jpeg
300F40E4-2D51-492E-ADC6-A342AD58E95A.jpeg

My wedges are under construction. Hopefully adding some SM8s next month. Last round was back to trusty RTX3 54/58. Need to add a 50 with the Hogan irons in the bag.

OH and I saw someone on the 'gram take black equalizer's and get them raw. That interested me quite a bit.

glad you started this thread because i have a dilemma and didnt want to start one with my long winded drawn out post... lol so here we go.
where to start-
a couple months ago i bought the cleveland smart sole 4 wedges and recently returned them via mail.
in the process of that i had no wedges in my bag! so i went to down stairs found a couple i had and practiced with them for a couple weeks.
1 of them was a cleveland 588 dsg rtg 52* cleveland wedge flex shaft, i think my brother stole the matching 56 and 60 long ago but whatever.
while playing with the 52 i fell completely back in love with this model so i went online to callaway preowned and low and behold they had a matching 56 and 60 with the same shaft, bought them both for a cool $45 in total! i have them and have been practicing with them and adore them.
now back to my wedges i returned via mail, i exchanged the cleveland C-S-G for the new tour satin cleveland rtx4 50* mid - 56* low - 62* low with standard wedge flex shafts and these show up in the mail a couple days ago.
so heres the dilemma what do i do with both sets??
i have a brand new set not being used.
and i have an old set i love and want to use.
*age and condition does not bother me either.
i dont dont know what to do with this new set...

Last edited:
Back