Curved PC Monitors, Does Anybody Use One

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Like forever I've been wanting to move up to a monitor that is G-Sync compatible for my computer. I've got a Nvidia 2080 Super GPU in my computer and want to take advantage of the G-Sync tech that comes with it. I'm starting to look at curved monitors again a couple of years of trying one (hated it back then). So is anyone here at THP using a curved monitor these days and how do you like it.?

Like forever I've been wanting to move up to a monitor that is G-Sync compatible for my computer. I've got a Nvidia 2080 Super GPU in my computer and want to take advantage of the G-Sync tech that comes with it. I'm starting to look at curved monitors again a couple of years of trying one (hated it back then). So is anyone here at THP using a curved monitor these days and how do you like it.?
Following! I was just looking at them for work.

I could only convince my better half to get an UltraWide and not a curved ultrawide monitor 😢

I have one. I have the 49 inch Samsung gaming monitor. It’s awesome, but boy is it big. And being that big, when I look at flat screens after a while, they look convex. That said, I love that I don’t have to move my head as much. I like it, but my only complaint is that it can only dock windows in quads or in two sides. I which I could make three columns.
A802336C-6BF4-4ABA-B9DB-45340D8FA2FA.jpeg

I have one. I have the 49 inch Samsung gaming monitor. It’s awesome, but boy is it big. And being that big, when I look at flat screens after a while, they look convex. That said, I love that I don’t have to move my head as much. I like it, but my only complaint is that it can only dock windows in quads or in two sides. I which I could make three columns.
View attachment 8956829

That's sure is one big monitor ya got there, @BigDill!!! What GPU do you have running that beast?

That's sure is one big monitor ya got there, @BigDill!!! What GPU do you have running that beast?
I have to check, but it’s an nvida GeForce of some vintage. It’s about two years old, and the class just below whatever people were buying for bitcoin. It was more than sufficient for business class applications.

Edit: just looked, a GTX 1050 Ti.

This is the monitor I'm currently looking at and am very close to buying. An Acer Predator X34.

fa5a3f870c548eb1f499bac56414d9af-970-80.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 8956829
All I saw was the sideways mouse for carpal tunnel. Game recognize game.

All I saw was the sideways mouse for carpal tunnel. Game recognize game.
It’s awesome. Everyone in the office has one.

Samsung 27” QLED curved

43" monitor.... Not curved..... Definitely a bit too big for my use case as a primary monitor. Effectively 4 22" monitors.

I really want the monitor that @BigDill posted if its the 1440p version.

At work I suffer with 3 22" monitors in a curved setup. Probably better for those that like use Windows snap features with the super key. Though I wish Windows had a tiling window manager function since floating windows gets annoying at times.

My Acer Predator X34 arrived today. Really stoked to get this baby hooked up.

Kicking this thread to the top because I just switched out my monitor. I wanted something taller so that I would have more usable space when drafting and researching. I went with the Corsair Xenon Flex, a 45 inch gaming monitor that can be both flat or curved, and it’s adjustable in that regard. It’s pretty slick. Resolution for text isn’t the best as is the case with most gaming monitors for office use. But the size and ability to adjust curvature is really useful for the document work (flat) and zoom conference (curved).

CE5EE4EF-C316-4A63-92D8-B2DDA512DE1D.jpegE0066E9A-3AD0-422A-8D1A-F85E35896B13.jpeg

Kicking this thread to the top because I just switched out my monitor. I wanted something taller so that I would have more usable space when drafting and researching. I went with the Corsair Xenon Flex, a 45 inch gaming monitor that can be both flat or curved, and it’s adjustable in that regard. It’s pretty slick. Resolution for text isn’t the best as is the case with most gaming monitors for office use. But the size and ability to adjust curvature is really useful for the document work (flat) and zoom conference (curved).

View attachment 9162310View attachment 9162311
Yes, I also draft and research important topics on THP. Good call!

I use a curved screen at work I don't like it as much as my flat screen at home.

I have an Alienware 34” curved monitor and I love it. Had it for 3 years now with no issues. I think Dell makes great monitors

Back