Custom Knitted Headcovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking for some feedback here. My mother is nearing retirement and is trying to think of something she can do from the comfort of home and make some money. She had made me a set of headcovers for Christmas a few years ago and I absolutely love them. I have never seen anyone on the corse (at least where I play) that have knitted headcovers.

Mine have pom poms on them, but they can also be made with tassels hanging down, or no "accessory" at all. She can put initials on them, names, stripes, numbers, almost anything. Any colour option or combination would be available. They are all 100% hand made and each headcover would be a one-of-a-kind design. I think it would be a pretty neat business idea.

Here are some pics of the ones she made:

P8171013.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

P8171018.jpg

P8171014.jpg

P8171017.jpg

Let me know what you think. She would appreciate any and all feedback.

That's a great business idea!

How long does it take to make them?

I like the stripes showing the club.

If it's cheaper than $35 bucks a headcover from Rocket Tour or Golfsox, sign me up!

That is a great idea, could even get rid of the numbers on top having those stripes.

Considering Jan Craig has been in business since the early 60's, it's certainly a viable business idea. If I remember correctly, they are getting more than $50 for the large driver headcovers. Personally, I absolutely love the look of knitted headcovers.

If it's cheaper than $35 bucks a headcover from Rocket Tour or Golfsox, sign me up!

She has no idea how much she would sell for. I am sure there would be a THP discount though :act-up:

How long does it take to make them?

She forgets. It was a couple of years ago since she made them. She is thinking of making a set to see how long it takes.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

This post may come off the wrong way and for that I apologize in advance. However if the goal here is to gain customers via the THP forum, we must ask kindly to stop. its not a knock on the product, or you personally, but we must draw a hard line in using the forum to sell goods. Because if we allow one, we must allow all and unfortunately that is a can of worms we are not willing to open up.

It is tough to take down threads of established members that are just trying to do a nice thing, but unfortunately when you see things like "THP Discount", etc... It leads us to a path that we have to be very careful with.

This post may come off the wrong way and for that I apologize in advance. However if the goal here is to gain customers via the THP forum, we must ask kindly to stop. its not a knock on the product, or you personally, but we must draw a hard line in using the forum to sell goods. Because if we allow one, we must allow all and unfortunately that is a can of worms we are not willing to open up.

It is tough to take down threads of established members that are just trying to do a nice thing, but unfortunately when you see things like "THP Discount", etc... It leads us to a path that we have to be very careful with.

Not trying to argue at all, just simply posing a question.

Would it be allowed for one to sell something like this in the THP Marketplace at the same rate it would be sold elsewhere?

Not trying to argue at all, just simply posing a question.

Would it be allowed for one to sell something like this in the THP Marketplace at the same rate it would be sold elsewhere?

No it would not. On an individual basis, but acting as a store front, absolutely not.

Well nothing says his mom couldnt make some and then just sell them in the buy,sell,trade section right? I mean people sell clothing and tons of other golf related stuff so could he do it there? I understand the can of worms thing you don't want this place over run by spammers and I completely agree

Well nothing says his mom couldnt make some and then just sell them in the buy,sell,trade section right? I mean people sell clothing and tons of other golf related stuff so could he do it there? I understand the can of worms thing you don't want this place over run by spammers and I completely agree

We do not allow stores in the marketplace. It is there for forum members to pass on goods they have tried. Items are approved on a case by case basis to eliminate someone using it as a store.

This brings back memories. When I golfed on the High School team,
My aunt knitted me a 1 3 5 cover.
I used them for 20 years.

We do not allow stores in the marketplace. It is there for forum members to pass on goods they have tried. Items are approved on a case by case basis to eliminate someone using it as a store.

I see. That's clearly a good way to keep it neat and not flooded with non personal sales. I like that and the feedback from the transactions on here seem great. Suppose it would be just as easy for his mom to make a bunch and list them on eBay and then tell people of they are looking for knitted covers to check her store haha

Just close the thread up! I am getting a bit ticked off. I am not trying to sell anything on here at all. She is 3 years away from retirement and exploring different avenues. It's not like I am taking orders. In my OP I said "She would appreciate any and all feedback", not she is trying to get rich off of THP members. I just wanted to know if they looked alright, if the design was something people liked, etc. The only reason I mentioned price was that someone had mentioned it. "THP Pricing" was a down the road, established with a website, mention that you are a THP member and get a discount type of thing.

Again, it was never my intent for this to turn into thinking I am trying to turn THP into my personal store. It was for FEEDBACK purposes only. Sorry I even posted anything.

I understand your frustration and I tried to word it appropriately. I urge you to try to see it from the other side. We have a website with thousands of people and not a day goes by that someone does not try to sell something on the forum. We can't have gray area, despite wanting to because that brings in too much confusion, therefore we have to be black and white about the subject. A simple post about "What do you think about these" might have been a better way to go, if you want my honest opinion rather than the story and mention of price and then further mention of THP discount.

I mean honestly, the only way to provide a THP discount is to further mention website and when they are for sale, which of course then again opens up the idea of "Is it using the forum for sales". We are not trying to be jerks here, but rather eliminate the constant flood of spam on our forum that we take rather seriously and I am truly sorry if you feel as though that is unfair, but it has always been our rule and one we have to deal with constantly.

Im sorry you feel slighted, but its a hard decision that we as mods have to make each and every day. Per your request, we have closed the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back