Custom Paint Designs - Option 1 or 2?

Should I go Option 1 or Option 2 for my custom paint job?

• Option 1

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Option 2

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters

JMB3

Reaction score
My girlfriend learned about Continental Golf after I needed a bad sky mark fixed, and I showed her some custom work @radiman had done on his old Epic driver head. As a result, for Christmas, she bought me a CG gift certificate so I could get my Mavrik Max fairway woods custom painted (kinda like the custom driver head I have). I really like the matte look, in part because it better hides my sky marks. :). I also love the black/white/red color scheme, especially with the Ventus Red shafts I have installed.

This is my plan for the crown (thanks Radi):

IMG_2346.JPG

For the soles, I'm leaning one of two ways, and I was hoping to get your input. Assuming both options are feasible (I'm concerned the red in Option 2 may not work because that part will regularly strike the ground), do I go Option 1 or Option 2? The black will be matte and the white and red gloss.

Option 1

IMG_3835.JPG

Option 2

IMG_3836.JPG

As you can see, the parallel lines above and below MAVRIK also need to be touched up. If that's not feasible, I may just paint those sections a solid color. Do I go matte black there too? Or white?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I like option one

Took me a while to find the differences, but I like Option 1 the best.

I’d go with option 1.

I'd go with option 2. I like the red/white contrast on the Mav lettering.

Another vote for option 1.

Option 1 for me.

Nope. :banghead: Put the Mavrik red.

I like one best personally. But, two looks great as well.

The red banner is sweet!

I prefer Option 1

Maybe after enough of those I’d actually think the Mavrik in red looked good. 🍻
That cheap stuff is clouding your judgement already.

As you can see, the parallel lines above and below MAVRIK also need to be touched up. If that's not feasible, I may just paint those sections a solid color. Do I go matte black there too? Or white?
I'd go blue in those parallel lines, I like a red/blue combo.

I'd go option 1 myself.

Option #1 for my liking.

I like option 1 also! And they do great work i sent some heads back there last year!

I went option 2. Neither or overly flashy which I appreciate but 1 just seemed a little too dull for me personally. A little color pop is not a bad thing as long as the color is decent.

I like one. But both are good.

I like option 1 also! And they do great work i sent some heads back there last year!

I’m pretty excited after seeing photos of the work they did for Radi and another buddy.

I like option 1. Just the perfect pop of color when it’s already black and white

Back