Customization: what would you do?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
The age of adjustable clubs is here to stay. I think every company has one of some sort. Now companies are getting into full customizable clubs. I would like to know how you customize your bag. Are you good with just a driver or would you get custom shafts, certain grinds or stampings. Tell us what you would do.

For me all I need is to be fit for the right shaft.

Love the clean look of metal, but if I had to change some stuff up, I'd go with white shafts, red grips, and blue and black paintfill

I like the idea of custom stamping. Due to a mix up with my order, I have Ping i10 irons with my name on them. My bettinardi putter from last years MC has my name stamped it in as well. I'd love to stamp my name or something on my wedges. For shafts, I just want something that works. I do like the KBS Tour White shafts, I think they look good. I'm not really a fan of the custom color ferrules, that's just not something I've ever gotten on board with.

Hard to say for sure. I'd probably do a little something like go with the clean/classic look in some but clubs like the driver I'd go a little crazy with it. If I wind up going with a Razr Fit Xtreme AND we're able do customize it I'm going green on green, color of money baby!!!

I guess for me it depends on the club and the results. I have customized my stuff in the past but I have also stuck with stock offerings also. I have a Matrix Radix HD shaft in my Ping G20 because I just couldnt get along with the stock shaft. I do like changing my grips out also but thats about it for me.

I would customize every club in some fashion. The only thing I wouldnt do is custom grinds, lofts, etc. unless I went to a fitter. the last time I got fit, I was put in 2* upright...well, I hooked everything.

If I could, there would be some level of customization with irons and wedges. Putter would be somewhat custom.

Most of my extreme customization would be purely cosmetic.

I would love to be for for shafts and then have some custom coloring/paint fill to make them purple and orange. As for sole grinds, I'm good with the SCORs for now.

If the option to test ahead of time, Id go with custom shafts with everything, if Im comfortable with the performance of the shafts and iron heads, might as well make them look cool too, different colors, pain fill, logos, engravings, the whole 9 yards

I am not sure what I would do or how much of it. Sometimes customization goes too far and what was meant to look nice begins to look different. Short and simple answer, it would depend on what was available to me, I would try to keep a clean simple look though.

Hard to say for sure. I'd probably do a little something like go with the clean/classic look in some but clubs like the driver I'd go a little crazy with it. If I wind up going with a Razr Fit Xtreme AND we're able do customize it I'm going green on green, color of money baby!!!

Lol I love this idea, you better do that if it is an option!

I would day custom colors and stamping would be my thing. I wouldn't go too crazy but if I could pick my own paintfill for my clubs that would be awesome. And then maybe have some initials or something engraved on them.

Would love to have a red four leaf clover (combination of Canada and Ireland) stamped on my irons, wedges, and putter. Then add white/red NDMC's on for grips. KBS custom black with white logos shafts.

Then for woods, I would go all matte black Ping with brightly coloured shafts.

Love the clean look of metal, but if I had to change some stuff up, I'd go with white shafts, red grips, and blue and black paintfill

And obviously this would be done to match my custom Scotty

2012-04-17_11-24-38_HDR.jpg

2012-04-17_11-30-26_HDR.jpg

2012-04-17_11-28-24_HDR.jpg

If money was no option, in addition to colored shafts (whether they are steel or graphite) - I would do ferrules, grips, and some wedge stamping. Perhaps I will once I find the clubs that have a hopeful long term stay in my bag.

I think stamping is really cool if it's done properly, few things that i would like -

An Irish flag on my putter.
DHJK on my wedges.

Nothing much but it could be cool

Strip the paint off of all my irons and wedges. That is about all I really would want to do.

If money wasn't an issue, I would probably get everything customized from the color of the clubs to the shafts and grips and get each one stamped with initials or my name somewhere. I would also have a customized staff bag with my choice of color and embroidering on it. I would also design my own headcovers.

While at demo day I saw interchangeable iron shafts at the TM booth. I think this would be a great option for the consumer. Swapping out shafts would be a no brainer and different shafts could be places through out the set.

Definitely shafts for all clubs. I got a little taste of custom stamping for my 588 wedges and NC putter last year and I have to say that it is a bit addicting, so I would probably want to do that too.

Blue grips, white custom shafts with blue badges and my last name stamped on them (KBS style), blue/white ferrules, and probably some blue/white paintfill on the irons.. I don't know that I'd customize my driver/woods/hybrids, but I'd try to go with the same concept for my wedges and putter after a full custom fitting to make sure I'm hitting the best club options for me.

I love the new age of customization. Over the last couple of years, THP has talked about the concept of saving shafts and swapping out clubheads, and I think this plays into that beautifully. I think 2013 is the year I start doing exactly that.

I'd want to gun blue every club in my bag and stamp each club differently.

THPing on Tapatalk

Back