Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As is the case with most companies, direct-to-consumer or not, there comes a time they branch out in an effort to get their brand out there, and what better way than golf apparel? It seems an easy decision, but the good ones don’t just get a generic shirt and slap a logo on it, they put some thought into it. Cut Golf is doing just that, and we were able to get their “Game Day” polo in for a closer look.

Quick Take
60/40 Cotton/Poly blend that has got some density to it. With heavy duty stitching throughout, a soft feel, and a standard cut, it’s a polo that wears well on and off the course.

Continue reading...

• Staff
This one surprised me. I wasn’t sure what to expect quality wise, but it’s all there. Reminds me of the Mathew/Matte cotton blends with a little more overall weight to it.

I was thoroughly impressed when I got a chance to try this line out. Darn good and at a solid price point.

• Staff
I was thoroughly impressed when I got a chance to try this line out. Darn good and at a solid price point.
Indeed, and I’ve got to give them more props (though I did in the article too) about not letting the logo look like a NASCAR sponsorship, it’s succinct and simple, and it works.

You had me at cotton. ? Sounds like a good quality shirt. I am guessing they will expand their color selection eventually if these prove to be successful.

I wish they would’ve sent you the pale blue.
I‘m confused as to why they’d send a black, for an apparel review?
I gotta see something with color I mean ugh.. really?
Jman nice review, thanks for sharing. Cut golf idk..

• Staff
They’re doing a lot of things right, and learning from the feedback of golfers on places like THP, nice to see a company that listens all the time to try and improve their products.

Why not send black? One of the top selling colors in apparel reviews. Moving into fall where dark colors reign supreme.

Why not send black? One of the top selling colors in apparel reviews. Moving into fall where dark colors reign supreme.
While I believe you because I’m sure you have the numbers but at the same time I don’t and cannot believe this.
I don’t own 1 piece of clothing that is black. Not even shoes.
I would never wear black jeans, what goes with black slacks? Chinos, polos? If you wear a black shirt what color are your bottoms? How many people do you see wearing black bottoms with brown shoes or brown belt? A lot and please don’t do that. A black shirt has to have some sort of colorful pastel color short and that’s it...

In fact the more I think about this the more I don’t believe this. Everyday that I’m at the golf course I can’t think of the last time I seen someone wearing a black shirt... or black shorts...

While I believe you because I’m sure you have the numbers but at the same time I don’t and cannot believe this.
I don’t own 1 piece of clothing that is black. Not even shoes.
I would never wear black jeans, what goes with black slacks? Chinos, polos? If you wear a black shirt what color are your bottoms? How many people do you see wearing black bottoms with brown shoes or brown belt? A lot and please don’t do that. A black shirt has to have some sort of colorful pastel color short and that’s it...

The biggest attraction in the history of golf, wore black pants every Sunday.

What color are your bottoms? Gray immediately comes to mind, but many others work too including blue, red, green and white.

Not sure where the brown belt or brown shoe comes from here, but, nearly every shoe company makes a gray, white or black shoe now.

While I understand your taste might be different, the idea that black apparel doesn't sell isn't really accurate.

If this is the same cut shirt you sent me @JB

it’s one of my favs. Fit is good, and I like how soft it is.

cut has one of the best logos. I like how simple it is.

The biggest attraction in the history of golf, wore black pants every Sunday.

What color are your bottoms? Gray immediately comes to mind, but many others work too including blue, red, green and white.

Not sure where the brown belt or brown shoe comes from here, but, nearly every shoe company makes a gray, white or black shoe now.

While I understand your taste might be different, the idea that black apparel doesn't sell isn't really accurate.
Tiger Is tiger, nobody at my local club or your club is tiger nor wearing pants like him.
yes I had thought of gray.

Yes sir. It is and glad you like it.

Tiger Is tiger, nobody at my local club or your club is tiger nor wearing pants like him.

Hahah yeah Tiger influenced nobody to buy apparel to look like him :oops:

I've got a few of their polos (big time golf guy here, after all) and really like their fit and style.

Yes sir. It is and glad you like it.

mock neck.. :ROFLMAO:

In fact the more I think about this the more I don’t believe this. Everyday that I’m at the golf course I can’t think of the last time I seen someone wearing a black shirt... or black shorts...
You might need to get out and around more then :ROFLMAO:

I say that as I wear black shorts to the course right now.

The weight of he material is great, isn’t it?

I wish the blade collar never existed. That’s just him dunking on people at this point.

Good review, good price point. I agree @Jman I like the small logo, looks much cleaner at that size.

Wow... a decent looking golf shirt at a decent price....who woulda thunk it ?

Thanks for the great review !

Wheni first read the review I though that the price point was a bit high for the brand, especially given their marketing position of added value by being DTC, but the comparisons to TM and Matte have me reconsidering. I love blended shirts, especially soft ones.

Good review. I normally tend towards the performance fabric polos but if y'all are saying it's good, I might have to take a chance on one or two. The price is not bad!

and black goes with everything.
Black and red
Black and yellow
Black and orange
Black and blue
Black and white
Black and purple
Black and green
:)

I have a pair of black adidas pants and black shorts that I wear. I see a lot of people at my club that wear black pants or shorts. I've also seen a bunch wear black shirts with khaki shorts or pants as well as with Jeans when not at the course.

Back