Cute and funny golf stories involving kids

shanewu

@shaneb0t || 18 Grandaddy || 24 Quest Cup
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12-13
fill the thread with cute and funny stories involving your kids, nephews, nieces, grandkids, etc!

here's a funny story involving my nephew.

we were hanging out outside with my mom and dad and my brother and his wife and their son who is 3. g-pa bought him the plastic golf set a while back and they often bring it out when g-pa helps pick out the outside toys. at some point he grabbed the driver and started hitting the plastic ball all over the place under the deck and in the yard around the deck. he would yell "golf!" after each swing and usually made contact at least. "Golf!" run over to ball... "Golf!" ... run over to ball... "Golf!" and so on. 😂 it was adorable and made me realize I've been doing it wrong! 😂 Also at some point he said, "I golfed it over there!" friggin love that little dude.

make us smile and laugh. can never have enough of that, right!?

I've told this before, and this happened before OJ was accused of double murder, but my late FIL was a realtor who did a lot of estate sales. When my son was 7 or 8, his grandpa gave him one of his latest finds: some wiffle golf balls, and a well-worn set of junior clubs in a more worn Sunday bag. The next weekend, I was under the car, changing the oil, when I heard, "Dad! Dad! Can I go in the backyard and hit the clubs Grandpa gave me?" I said, "Sure. I'll be back in five minutes when I finish up here. Just be sure to hit away from the house."

Five minutes later, I came around the corner of the garage to see the lid off the sandbox I had just filled with sand that afternoon. My son, totally unprompted, was hitting explosion shots out of the sandbox. I immediately cursed my son's genetic luck, because the only golfer I knew worse than me was his grandfather. That was a big hurdle for him to clear.

I've told this before, and this happened before OJ was accused of double murder, but my late FIL was a realtor who did a lot of estate sales. When my son was 7 or 8, his grandpa gave him one of his latest finds: some wiffle golf balls, and a well-worn set of junior clubs in a more worn Sunday bag. The next weekend, I was under the car, changing the oil, when I heard, "Dad! Dad! Can I go in the backyard and hit the clubs Grandpa gave me?" I said, "Sure. I'll be back in five minutes when I finish up here. Just be sure to hit away from the house."

Five minutes later, I came around the corner of the garage to see the lid off the sandbox I had just filled with sand that afternoon. My son, totally unprompted, was hitting explosion shots out of the sandbox. I immediately cursed my son's genetic luck, because the only golfer I knew worse than me was his grandfather. That was a big hurdle for him to clear.
Hahaha, how much sand was left in the sandbox? 😂

Hahaha, how much sand was left in the sandbox? 😂

I thisnk I put six bags of sand in to fill it, and I had to replace a bag. He moved a lot of sand in about five minutes. I couldn't yell at hiim, I was laughing so hard.

Back