Cutting Your Own Hair

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I, like many others, didn't get a chance to get into the barber before everything shut down. I'm getting a little shaggy. I joked with my wife that I might try cutting my own hair - If I fail, I can just shave my head.

Has anyone ever done it? Good results? Bad?

I shaved my head about 5 years ago when a family friend was going through chemo. I was concerned that my head would look like it had hail damage but my wife and others assured me it didn’t. I kept it clean shaven for probably 2 years. Then, I went to a 1 guard and then a zero on the clippers. I give myself a haircut every 4 or 5 days.

I love it. And I love saving the money.

I've been cutting my own hair since 2005. :cool:
Haha same here. Started when I went to college. Bought a Wahl then for $30, added a small Wahl trimmer for $20 soon after. Both are going strong still. Now I'm onto cutting my boys hair as well. Nice to do it whenever I want. And nice that my wife trims the back for me!

I’ve been cutting my own for about 15 years now. I don’t just buzz it, I feel like I do a decent job with fading it. Fading is a little difficult when hold clippers in one hand and a mirror in the other to try and get the back done.

I, like many others, didn't get a chance to get into the barber before everything shut down. I'm getting a little shaggy. I joked with my wife that I might try cutting my own hair - If I fail, I can just shave my head.

I started cutting my own hair about 7 years ago. Now it is so quick and convenient. I can get it done in about 15 to 20 minutes and can do it every 2 to 3 weeks.

When my little girl was in 2nd grade (I think), she came home with some unwanted visitors (lice). I shaved my head completely at that point and, other than a couple of times (I let it go for six months once since then just for fun) since then, I have shaved it clean on my own... usually every 2-4 weeks. Saves money from paying someone else to do it, I hate hair, and it's so much cooler in the summer without hair.

I did it today actually! I just shave it high and tight. And, trim my beard too.

I regularly do mine with the clippers. Just need the missus to tidy up the back. When I was on my own, I used to stick on a beanie and use that as a guide for tidying the back up LOL

Haha funny you bring this up, I've been thinking about doing the clipper shave for about a week now.

I’m just going to be really, really rough looking at some point but it takes me back to college

Been cutting my own hair, or lack thereof, with clippers for about 20 years.

My youngest daughter cut her hair Friday night after watching a YouTube tutorial and it looks really good.

Coronavirus-cutting-our-own-hair.jpg

Buzz/shave my head. Kinda hard to mess up unless you miss a spot.

I luckily got my haircut on the 14th. Im hoping that I can hold out. Right now I'm supposed to get one I think the 11th, well see if that happens....

I purchased pro quality clippers and edgers years ago. I dont have a ton of hair left so I just use a #2 guard and knock it down then have my wife use the edger to clean up the back.

Flowbee 2 years running now!

This was maybe my first cut in February '18, I go shorter now. Not too shabby though, if I don't say so myself.

ead6bb323f021917a1993ca4410f5c10.jpg

What a coincidence- I did a buzz myself for the first time ever today. Not completely terrible, but I don’t have much to work with anyway. I needed a cut badly and could not have gone another few days, much less weeks. Beard is also brand new. Mid life crisis thing...59E7F87A-4A79-4166-BD7C-2A2C2F88FC50.jpeg

My wife cuts my son's hair for them. Myself no, because we can't find a big enough wooden bowl to go over my head. :laughing:

Been cutting my own hair for a couple years now. I’d go full-shaved, but that gets me in trouble with the wife. Takes about 30 minutes to fade the sides and back, trim the top, and shape the edges.

Back