Cutting Your Own Hair

Wife does mine for me. Nice and easy

I can't do a fade so I am just letting everything grow out for however long the shops are closed. I haven't shaved anything except the whiskers from my mustache off of my upper lip so they don't rub it raw.

Yeah, I’m going full wolf-man. I used to shave my head, my wife strongly suggested that I never do that again shortly after we met, so I’ll just go full hippie. Anyone got any of those cool purple shades?

I was looking pretty shaggy even before this, and I'm looking fairly hobo-chiq by now. Not shaved in a week, and my hair is looking somewhat unruly! Going to just see what happens, no way I can be trusted with cutting my own, after all....not as if I'm going to be seeing any clients anytime soon.

Back in 2006 I was in the police academy. We had inspection every day with a formal inspection on Thursdays. If I got my head shaved on Sunday, it was already too shaggy for them on Thursday. I bought a set of professional clippers and shaved my own head 2x a week. Been shaving my own head ever since. Just not quite as often:p

I hear the Flowbee is making a come back

Im going to cut my own but mine is easy. All I ever get is a #2 buzzcut with a #1 fade on the sides. Anyone can do that.
Depending upon what kind of a hair cut you get, it can be difficult or easy. If you just get a buzz cut, its pretty easy but if you get a style that is more difficult to cut it can be more difficult and you may have to recruit someone to do it for you.
You may need to get a hand mirror in order to see the back of your head.

If you come at my head with clippers I'll end you!:mad: My head was shaved once for basic training.:oops: It's only ever been very short twice since then and it's been 32 years ago.

I'd already been 2 weeks overdue for a haircut. Scissors only unless I'm comfortable the person wielding the clippers knows what they're doing. I'll wait it out until the shops reopen.

I've asked to shave my head and my wife keeps saying no. I'm also at the age where if I shave it off, it might not all grow back. LOL>

I, like many others, didn't get a chance to get into the barber before everything shut down. I'm getting a little shaggy. I joked with my wife that I might try cutting my own hair - If I fail, I can just shave my head.

Has anyone ever done it? Good results? Bad?

I have been cutting my own hair for about 5 years. I still go get it cut every now and then but mostly I do it myself. I have a good set of clippers and I just use those. If you keep your hairstyle pretty simple as I do, I do not think most will notice. I just have my wife do the neck line.

tried it once with good result...gave me the confidence to try it again. turns out, the joke was on me :rolleyes::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I've been cutting my own hair for over 4 years now. The time and money I've saved is incredible!

I do 90% with clippers (#2 up to #5 guard, leaving the very front a bit longer), then finish with a little point cutting and thinning shears.
italy.PNG

I cut mine last night for the first time myself. While it's not 100%, it kinda made me wonder why I shell out $30 every month to watch someone else do it.

Did for years.

Considering it again during this, Doc gave permission for me to shave it again, but I’m considering letting it grow out long just because.

I am the creep that thoroughly enjoys the barber shop. The same guy has been cutting my hair for around 20 years. I get a number 1 on my entire head.

I’ve never had long hair. I am 49 and don’t know if I will ever have another free shot at it. I am letting it go.

Welcome back to the 80's

I'll start hoarding hairspray now.

I used to have the female shave my head (more or less) in college. Rarely looked all that good, but didn't look bad either haha

I'm going full shag for this thing. Beard and all.

I've asked to shave my head and my wife keeps saying no. I'm also at the age where if I shave it off, it might not all grow back. LOL>
I was folicly challenged since college & decided to go bald over 20 years ago. I use a razor on it every day & wouldn't grow my hair back even if I could, but I make bald look good. 🤣

@Space Bandito we've met.... played golf together.... I've taken my hat off in front of you..... you've seen first hand what I'm working with..... using the Oster or Wahl clippers is the standard :rolleyes: ;)

@Space Bandito we've met.... played golf together.... I've taken my hat off in front of you..... you've seen first hand what I'm working with..... using the Oster or Wahl clippers is the standard :rolleyes: ;)
Roger that! I'm still trying to hang on to my hair as I watch it slip from my grasp.

Back