Dallas (Southlake/Keller area)

Reaction score
Handicap
I’ll be in Dallas the last week of September. Have to help my dad move on Thursday Oct 1, but I’m free Fri/Sat/Sunday to play a round or two.

Any recommendations in the area? I tend to prefer courses that AREN’T surrounded by homes, but that’s not a big deal :)

I’d be happy to tee it up with Dallas area THPers.

Dad is in the Southlake / Keller area but I don’t mind driving a bit for a round.

Play Texas Star if you can, I never got to play there but always hear really good things about it.

Texas Star, Sky Creek Ranch, Grapevine GC are some good options. I play with a few THP'ers so touch base closer to time and see where we're at!

I’ll be in Dallas the last week of September. Have to help my dad move on Thursday Oct 1, but I’m free Fri/Sat/Sunday to play a round or two.

Any recommendations in the area? I tend to prefer courses that AREN’T surrounded by homes, but that’s not a big deal :)

I’d be happy to tee it up with Dallas area THPers.

Dad is in the Southlake / Keller area but I don’t mind driving a bit for a round.

Used to live in Southlake, if houses are a problem then I definitely concur on Texas Star - it’s a very good course and there is actually elevation change which is pretty rare for the area. Sky Creek is nice but it’s within a development though I don’t feel the houses are present on most of the holes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out of what I've played in DFW for public courses, Waterchase could be a good fit. Very natural setting, just quite tough!

just quite tough
Yes, it is.

In the SouthLake/Keller area, if you can get on the Hogan course at Trophy Club, do it. It is the only course Hogan designed. Also, you are close to Cowboys golf club. It is a good track. Otherwise, I agree on Waterchase, Texas Star, Sky Creek Ranch and Grapevine. Champions Circle is another you might consider.

Yes, it is.

In the SouthLake/Keller area, if you can get on the Hogan course at Trophy Club, do it. It is the only course Hogan designed. Also, you are close to Cowboys golf club. It is a good track. Otherwise, I agree on Waterchase, Texas Star, Sky Creek Ranch and Grapevine. Champions Circle is another you might consider.

The Hogan front 9 was designed by Hogan and the front of the Whitworth was Hogan - they bastardized the layout a number of years ago, they just don’t publicize that the Hogan design was split up.

The Hogan front 9 was designed by Hogan and the front of the Whitworth was Hogan - they bastardized the layout a number of years ago, they just don’t publicize that the Hogan design was split up.

I haven't played it since 2001 or 2002. I remember the Hogan course being on the west side of the clubhouse.

Then you may have played the Hogan course!!!

Anyone who plays it now is only playing the front 9 of the Hogan.
Arthur Hills built a new 9 and they rerouted the place.

When are you getting in the area? I'll likely be down that way this weekend. Was planning on getting a round in on Saturday or early Sunday.

Out of what I've played in DFW for public courses, Waterchase could be a good fit. Very natural setting, just quite tough!

I ended up at Waterchase and really enjoyed it! Beautiful natural setting, great condition, great vibes and, as you mentioned - difficult.

I’m a legit 13.1 and shot a 92 from the blues. In hindsight I probably should’ve played the whites.

Greens were very firm and fast. Anything left above the hole was in 3-putt territory.

I ended up at Waterchase and really enjoyed it! Beautiful natural setting, great condition, great vibes and, as you mentioned - difficult.

I’m a legit 13.1 and shot a 92 from the blues. In hindsight I probably should’ve played the whites.

Greens were very firm and fast. Anything left above the hole was in 3-putt territory.

Sorry for the late response! Glad you enjoyed and nice shooting

I played Iron Horse GC in North Richland Hills (north Fort Worth) yesterday. It recently reopened after a renovation. I really enjoyed it.

Back