Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
So I snuck out of work early today, to get in a lesson.

I get out there, and while I'm still warming up the cold front starts blowing through.

We're working me learning to draw the ball (it's a sometimes thing, I'm getting there), and all of the sudden, the wind goes from 5-10MPH to 40-50MPH. My 8 iron shots were coming nearly all the way back to me :bulgy-eyes:

We decided to call the lesson on account of wind. I'm calling in "sick" on Monday (use-it-or-lose-it vacation days to use up) so I'm going back at 10:30.

We get inside, and he starts telling me about a tournament that he played at Troon several years ago, when the wind picked up like today, and how he was hitting his driver only ~100 yards (he usually hit it in the upper 200's then) and playing through those winds. I ended up sitting there shooting the breeze with him and watching him build up a new set of X-22's for a lucky woman (full custom build, super nice).

*we decided to call it off, when a big cottonwood tree off to the side of the driving range blew over

Last edited:
Wow, that is a rough one. But good luck on the draw.

For my birthday a few years back, we had plans to sneak out of work early and get a round in, followed by dinner. Naturally, as we arrived at the course, the heavens opened up.

Well, there's a driving range nearby, with covered stalls. By this time it was pretty dark out, with thunder. It didn't stop us. However, the lightening that hit the transformer and knocked out all the power at the driving range did stop us.

Still some time to kill, and there's a Golfsmith between the range and the restaurant. But the same old story--a left handed woman in a golf store is like a diabetic in a candy shop. All this cool stuff, and I can't have any of it.

At least dinner was good.

Back