Darn Those Girl Scouts . . .

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
and their semi-tasty cookies!!!

2 boxes: Thin Mints and Lemon Chalets

Re: Darn Those Girl Scouts . . .

longshanks.....that is classic that your cookies are being recalled.

I am so getting you starship troopers on dvd. to make you feel better.

Mine still have not came in yet. I'm beginning to think I was ripped off by a Girl Scout, lol.

I bought 2 boxes as well. But that's my limit (Tagalongs and Somoas).

Dollar General sells the same cookies only with the names slightly changed. Thin Mints become Mint Thins, same exact cookies but for $1.85 a box.

longshanks.....that is classic that your cookies are being recalled.

My boxes aren't part of the recall batches. And I assure you that the taste and smell was top quality.

Mine still have not came in yet. I'm beginning to think I was ripped off by a Girl Scout, lol.

They just set up a table in front of my local grocery store. I got so excited about the cookies and making that cute little girl happy that I forgot a few things I was supposed to buy.

Like toilet paper.

Dollar General sells the same cookies only with the names slightly changed. Thin Mints become Mint Thins, same exact cookies but for $1.85 a box.

I'd rather give double the money to the Girl Scouts. Heck, I wouldn't even consider buying them except for the fact that it's a cute little girl with a big smile selling them.

I hope you made it back for the TP soon enough, lol. As a teacher, Liz has lots of little girls selling to her and I several of my managers kids sell them, so we end up with a pile every year. I'm not a big sweets eater, so they sit in the cubard, but is great to see the little smiles.

Heck, I wouldn't even consider buying them except for the fact that it's a cute little girl with a big smile selling them.

Except that the vast majority of the time it's the parents selling the damn things & not the kids.

So far it is not the girl Scouts, it's local Bobby Soxers. I have three Grand daughters playing this year. I just purchased a 100 raffle tickets, and 6 cases of those chocolate/almond bars. On top of all that, I have been urged to donate time as a chef cooking hot dogs, and hamburgers, one weekend a month. Heaven help me if they are short a coach. All for the good of our local Kid's Fast Pitch Soft Ball league. Of course I would not want it any other way:D

Except that the vast majority of the time it's the parents selling the damn things & not the kids.
I never, repeat NEVER buy from parents selling anything for their kids. My parents never took anything I was selling to work to sell. I had to sell everything on my own. They would go with me, drive me around, but I had to do the selling.

Harry Longshanks said:
I'd rather give double the money to the Girl Scouts. Heck, I wouldn't even consider buying them except for the fact that it's a cute little girl with a big smile selling them.

it was the kneesox and skirts.....don't lie.

I never, repeat NEVER buy from parents selling anything for their kids. My parents never took anything I was selling to work to sell. I had to sell everything on my own. They would go with me, drive me around, but I had to do the selling.

Same here, walking door to door selling lame crap like candles & over priced pizzas. I refuse to buy anything from the people at work, at least make the kids put forth some effort.

it was the kneesox and skirts.....don't lie.

(a) ewwwwwww! She was, like, 6!!!!

(b) She was standing behind a table.

(c) EWWWWWWWW! SHE WAS, LIKE, 6!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're just trying to get in my head so you can steal my cookies.

bhahaha.....

We have had 6 boxes show up so far and still have more coming. Sucks when half of the girls in the neighborhood are girl scouts.

Thin Mints and Samoas.

'nuff said!

Harry Longshanks said:

indeed. so when I show up at your door in kneesox and a skirt to steal your cookies....pay no mind.

We have had 6 boxes show up so far and still have more coming. Sucks when half of the girls in the neighborhood are girl scouts.

No kidding about that! Two nieces, girl in my kids' school carpool, two neighbors, and more! But I put my foot down at 30 boxes total! (and a heavy foot it is. Now.)

Dang. Now I know where all my golfing money goes...

Funny how all you guys are so scared of little scouts girls.

Funny how all you guys are so scared of little scouts girls.

Darn right!!!!

They are pure evil with their semi-tasty cookies and cute smiles!!!!

Back