I've played soft tip, but I don't like it much.

I played a lot in college, had a board in our 'study'. Nothing near as impressive as the video above, but I was champion of our dorm, fwiw (not much).

Tap

We didn't play last weekend because the friend I was going to play with had to get a new board. He got it today, so I am going to help him hang it up on Friday and we're playing Saturday. We'll likely throw some Friday as well though.

I used to play steel tip years and years ago...but you can't even find places that have them anymore....played in a soft tip league night for a while but those have dried up now.

I used to play steel tip years and years ago...but you can't even find places that have them anymore....played in a soft tip league night for a while but those have dried up now.
I would think having steel tip darts in a bar is quite the liability issue these days.

I stopped playing darts when I took up golf, I would practice 4-5 hours aday my days seen a average of the mid 80s I don't miss it intact I much prefer golf!

Played my first round of darts since at least May of 2009. Set up a board at a guys who who I used to play darts with a LOT. We were pretty equal, though he was better, and we pushed each otherto keep getting better. He hadn't played for longer than I did. Very fun evening. Especially since I won three out of five games!

I put my board back up today. I have a regulation board coming within a week or so, but the board I put up is a practice board. Regulation board in size and thickness, but the double and triple rings are only 1/4" wide. The regulation board will go up on the wall nearest the toe line, so I'll be throwing in opposite directions toward either board.

You need to get a program called dartpro a webcam and Skype then we can play online

That's a lot of work! Especially with you 5 or 6 hours ahead of me!

The webcam and skype I could probably do. What is the purpose of DartPro?

Dartpro is free it keeps the scores you can connect to each other with it look it up, it's really good for practice you can score games then play against the games you have saved.

I'm an admin on a darts forum we have leagues using this set up people play from all over the place

Jacqui and I played Darts tonight. She won the first game, I won the next three and she won the last.

I think darts is just bred into them Brits.

Put up a regulation board a few days ago to go with the practice board I put up a few weeks ago. It really makes a difference when you go from practice to regulation. The doubles and triples are HUGE!

Soft tips for electronic boards with all the holes in em and steel for the good foam boards. I play darts occasionally but not religiously

THPing on Tapatalk

Soft tips for electronic boards with all the holes in em and steel for the good foam boards. I play darts occasionally but not religiously
There are no good foam/cork boards. The good ones are bristle boards. They are the ones that after you throw and take out your darts, you can't see where the dart was.

There are no good foam/cork boards. The good ones are bristle boards. They are the ones that after you throw and take out your darts, you can't see where the dart was.

I'll have to look into those, thanks

THPing on Tapatalk

I'll have to look into those, thanks

You can get a good one at WalMart for about 25 bucks. You can get one with the cabinet there for about 60 bucks I think.

If you have a dart supply store around, you can get the really good ones. But the ones at WalMart are adequate for everyday use.

This place: http://www.horizondarts.com/ is just a few miles from my house, so I can usually drop by if I ever need anything. They do ship all over if you order online.

The good thing about bristle boards is that they are self-healing. If you do start to see a problem area, you can usually spray it lightly with some water out of a squirt bottle and it will take care of itself. I think most of the times when you see a ratty board at a bar it's because they dry out under the lights and they're just overused. For home use, they'll last forever.

Don't spray a bristle board with water! They bubble, you should buy a decent board and turn it weekly depending on how much you play, I have worn a board out in a month to the point every treble is hanging out.

Don't spray a bristle board with water! They bubble, you should buy a decent board and turn it weekly depending on how much you play, I have worn a board out in a month to the point every treble is hanging out.

I've never had a bristle board bubble from misting it. I could see that if it gets soaked or a drink spilled on it, but I'm not talking about soaking it.

Back