Date Night in Orlando Suggestions

MSB256

Reaction score
Handicap
While we’re in the area on vacation, the wife and I will be able to have a date night. Let’s say you’ve got an evening in Orlando to do two things, dinner and a movie, dinner and a boardwalk, dinner and go walk around this area or that area with nice bars. What would you do? Where would dinner be? We can do a nice bar setting, maybe live music, maybe some sort of dock or peer kind of thing, but not really looking for the club.

Suggestions?

The Boathouse at Disney Springs and then some drinks at The Edison.

The Boathouse at Disney Springs and then some drinks at The Edison.

This to a T.

Maybe raglan road if it’s not packed, but it always is

really depends where you're staying. if you're out by the attractions, there are some very nice restaurants on disney property. one of my favorites is the flying fish. go a little early for a drink in the speakeasy, then have a very nice, romantic dinner in the dining room. after dinner, walk on the boardwalk.

if you're closer to downtown, dinner on park ave followed by a walk on the street, popping in and out of wine bars, cigar rooms, etc. you can go a little early and do the winter park boat tour at sunset.

disney springs has some nice restaurants, and cool shops. not the most romantic with a sea of tourists, though.

again if close to downtown, the performing arts center (we call it "dpac" pronounced "d pack") is a great place to watch a show, then you can grab dinner at a number of decent restaurants.

if you let me know where you're staying, i can make some suggestions.

This to a T.

Maybe raglan road if it’s not packed, but it always is

I think we ate at Ralglan Road about 2.5 years ago when we went to Disney. It was pretty cool. This isn't a Disney trip so I don't think I really even thought of Disney properties but I guess you don't have to have park tickets to go to places like Disney Springs.

I think we ate at Ralglan Road about 2.5 years ago when we went to Disney. It was pretty cool. This isn't a Disney trip so I don't think I really even thought of Disney properties but I guess you don't have to have park tickets to go to places like Disney Springs.

Nope, free parking, and a ton of options to choose from. It’d be like going to City Walk, but having to pay for parking.

really depends where you're staying. if you're out by the attractions, there are some very nice restaurants on disney property. one of my favorites is the flying fish. go a little early for a drink in the speakeasy, then have a very nice, romantic dinner in the dining room. after dinner, walk on the boardwalk.

if you're closer to downtown, dinner on park ave followed by a walk on the street, popping in and out of wine bars, cigar rooms, etc. you can go a little early and do the winter park boat tour at sunset.

disney springs has some nice restaurants, and cool shops. not the most romantic with a sea of tourists, though.

again if close to downtown, the performing arts center (we call it "dpac" pronounced "d pack") is a great place to watch a show, then you can grab dinner at a number of decent restaurants.

if you let me know where you're staying, i can make some suggestions.

Staying at Westgate. Don't mind driving or taking an Uber, cab, whatever. But would like to do some walking around after dinner if it's nice out. Winter Park Boat tour sounds interesting.

Staying at Westgate. Don't mind driving or taking an Uber, cab, whatever. But would like to do some walking around after dinner if it's nice out. Winter Park Boat tour sounds interesting.

if you go into winter park, you'll want to uber.

i think westgate is by dr phillips, which has a ton of restaurants (it's affectionately known as restaurant row), but not a great place to just walk around.

a fun area to walk around is mt dora, or downtown winter garden. but both of those are a decent drive from where you'll be staying.

As much as I hate to say it, Disney Springs might be your best bet. Great food and some good sights to take in. I’d eat outside at STK.

Depending on the night. You could dine at point orlando and catch a comedy show and maybe orlando 360.

if you go into winter park, you'll want to uber.

i think westgate is by dr phillips, which has a ton of restaurants (it's affectionately known as restaurant row), but not a great place to just walk around.

a fun area to walk around is mt dora, or downtown winter garden. but both of those are a decent drive from where you'll be staying.

Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa. Looks north of Mystic Dunes.

Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa. Looks north of Mystic Dunes.

downtown winter garden is 30 mins away, but it's not a bad drive. chefs table at the edgewater is a really nice restaurant, and the downtown area is pretty cool. if you go into winter park from where you'll be, with traffic it will probably take you every bit of 30 minutes if not more. disney boardwalk or disney springs is probably your closest option that fits what you want to do.

downtown winter garden is 30 mins away, but it's not a bad drive. chefs table at the edgewater is a really nice restaurant, and the downtown area is pretty cool. if you go into winter park from where you'll be, with traffic it will probably take you every bit of 30 minutes if not more. disney boardwalk or disney springs is probably your closest option that fits what you want to do.

Chef's table is awesome! We ate there once and the chef told me I had to try the lamb, but it turned out I just hate lamb, and he could tell I didn't' like it and insisted on making me a filet, which was unbelievably delicious.

Thanks. I think it's Disney Springs, Disney Boardwalk, or Point Orlando that Tadashi mentioned. For some reason this seems more stressful than picking golf courses.

Chef's table is awesome! We ate there once and the chef told me I had to try the lamb, but it turned out I just hate lamb, and he could tell I didn't' like it and insisted on making me a filet, which was unbelievably delicious.

Crap. See, I like picking golf courses better. Now Winter Park is back in the mix. Maybe I'll say here are some options from THPers and let her choose.

Crap. See, I like picking golf courses better. Now Winter Park is back in the mix. Maybe I'll say here are some options from THPers and let her choose.

chef's table is in winter garden, not winter park. winter park is very posh and thinks highly of itself. winter garden is more down to earth.

the chef at chef's table used to work in disney's nicer restaurants. i think his name is kevin. the food is always outstanding.

chef's table is in winter garden, not winter park. winter park is very posh and thinks highly of itself. winter garden is more down to earth.

the chef at chef's table used to work in disney's nicer restaurants. i think his name is kevin. the food is always outstanding.

c.a.eleric is correct, it is in Winter Garden not Winter park, and his comparison of the two cities is spot on too. I haven't been to downtown Winter Garden in years, but it was always very unassuming, so we were surprised with how good the food was there, especially Chef's table, it's excellent. It only has like 5 tables if I remember, and the chef cooks right in front of you basically.

c.a.eleric is correct, it is in Winter Garden not Winter park, and his comparison of the two cities is spot on too. I haven't been to downtown Winter Garden in years, but it was always very unassuming, so we were surprised with how good the food was there, especially Chef's table, it's excellent. It only has like 5 tables if I remember, and the chef cooks right in front of you basically.

they've expanded since then. they have 2 (or maybe 3) different rooms. one of them is open air and you can see into the kitchen. another room is tucked away. and i want to say there's a third room.

winter garden has exploded. the city is pumping major money into renovating the downtown. there are breweries, bars with live music, and i think a car show almost every friday night. it's very family friendly, and has been fantastic for that area. a client of mine has become a full-time architect redesigning the entire downtown and it has been a great success for the town.

winter park has become even more full of itself. it's a beautiful stretch, and there are some very solid restaurants. just not my crowd, if that makes any sense.

they've expanded since then. they have 2 (or maybe 3) different rooms. one of them is open air and you can see into the kitchen. another room is tucked away. and i want to say there's a third room.

winter garden has exploded. the city is pumping major money into renovating the downtown. there are breweries, bars with live music, and i think a car show almost every friday night. it's very family friendly, and has been fantastic for that area. a client of mine has become a full-time architect redesigning the entire downtown and it has been a great success for the town.

winter park has become even more full of itself. it's a beautiful stretch, and there are some very solid restaurants. just not my crowd, if that makes any sense.

Ah ok, So I looked back and Winter Park was the boat tour. Winter Garden is where Chef's Table is. Got it.

Hmmm. Seems like we might end up at Disney Springs. Shop, dinner, drinks, walk around all in one location seems convenient.

That makes perfect sense. Wow, I can't believe the changes, that's honestly great to hear. Winter Garden had so much potential so it's really nice to hear that it's living up to it. There used to be an awesome Thai restaurant over there, not sure if it's still there, but it had the best pineapple fried rice ever.

That makes perfect sense. Wow, I can't believe the changes, that's honestly great to hear. Winter Garden had so much potential so it's really nice to hear that it's living up to it. There used to be an awesome Thai restaurant over there, not sure if it's still there, but it had the best pineapple fried rice ever.

Pinapple fried rice sounds delicious for some reason.

Figured I would not start a new thread for this, but, is PGA Superstore the best place to go in Orlando for golf gear? While down there, I might want to go somewhere to try on shoes that shops don't have around here... like the Puma PWRADAPT.

Also thinking about hitting the outlet mall.

What’s the nicest or family friendly public beach for the Orlando area? Cocoa Beach?

Figured I would not start a new thread for this, but, is PGA Superstore the best place to go in Orlando for golf gear? While down there, I might want to go somewhere to try on shoes that shops don't have around here... like the Puma PWRADAPT.

Also thinking about hitting the outlet mall.

pga superstore is awesome. don't go to golf galaxy or edwin watts. the pga superstore off turkey lake is the one i go to the most often, although they just opened one in altamonte springs, so it may have even more inventory.

What’s the nicest or family friendly public beach for the Orlando area? Cocoa Beach?

there are no beaches in orlando. we're pretty much smack dab in the middle of the state. jb and gg can speak more about the west coast beaches. it really depends how far you're willing to drive. the closest beach is st augustine. it's fine for a day trip (just don't google anything about sharks...).

Back