Daughters golf vlog, advice, criticism, and any other feedback?

Pokerdadgolf

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

My daughters are tournament golfers, Riley, the 10 year old, has finished 4th in the world championships. She saw some vlogs in youtube and wanted to do one dealing with her and golf. I don't know much about it, but wanted to encourage her. So we bought powerdirector and a reasonable camera and let her at it. I don't really know how to get it out there, or what makes a vlog good. I've heard to, "Ask Reddit" such questions! Let us/her know what you think, and what she can improve on! Thank you everyone.

Her channel, GrimmGirlsGolf https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwrezQaXIml_-GxCnve_Rlw

Her first video introduction

Pretty solid from a production standpoint. It's not something that I would particularly follow but, then again, I'm probably not their target demographic. As with anything, they'll learn more as they go along but, I think it's pretty safe to say that, they're off to a solid start. Good luck to them and thanks for sharing.

Thank you for taking the time to help! Is there anything she could dothat would catch someones interest (folks like you)?

That was nicely done and enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. As far as how best to get this out, just not sure. Maybe search google for how to network vlogs, youtube, getting started, etc., and see what you find out.

Thanks for sharing. I'll follow on youtube. I enjoyed following karl vips from his childhood to the present day to see his development. Seems like the girls are perfect for this sort of thing.
Good luck to them on youtube and golf in general!

Great video. I would try and contact Nextgengolf.org and WomenonCourse.com and see if they have any ideas.

I like it.
My only suggestion is to turn off public comments for all their posts (they only seem to be turned off on the most recent video). There are all sorts of freaks out there, and youtube can be a real cesspool. No reason to expose your kids to that any more than necessary.

Good job kids!

I know for me, I like keeping things a bit more anonymous... I'd take out the last names; but that's me and I'm 50 and, form being in the USAF for several years and working with them for more, OPSEC is something I try to maintain.

It looks like your kids are enthusiastic about golf. I think the video should show that; it should also show that they're kids and like having fun as well.

Maybe you could film some of the drills they do to work on their game and how they change things up to keep it interesting for themselves.

That's an awesome idea!

She wants to do a "day in the life" video to.

Thanks for sharing. I'll follow on youtube. I enjoyed following karl vips from his childhood to the present day to see his development. Seems like the girls are perfect for this sort of thing.
Good luck to them on youtube and golf in general!

Thank you so much!!! Let us/her know any suggestions to make it better!

Back