Dave Pelz to Release New Green Reading App Free 5/20/2020

Thanks for the boost and I forgot about it. Seems its would be a big hit "when" it comes to fruition. hoping for a more succesful launch that last rendition.

I find AimPoint Express fairly easy after the initial learning curve - just basic will serve most needs. Use your feet.

Edit - I see that I posted 3 months ago... apologies.

I find AimPoint Express fairly easy after the initial learning curve - just basic will serve most needs. Use your feet.

Edit - I see that I posted 3 months ago... apologies.
3 months seems like 6 during COVID appreciate the reminder and will look into this.

my guess is like a lot of apps, it's free for a rudimentary and slow performing app, but 9.99 a month if you want the super duper, accurate and fast app subscription

3 months seems like 6 during COVID appreciate the reminder and will look into this.

Have used it for 4 years - it works well.
Won't work for every putt because sometimes those greens are tricky or you skip looking at what happens at the hole. But it is a system that works.

I think there is a bit of an art to reading greens. Hate to see that get replaced by some technology app.

Thread resurrection question. Did this app ever end up being released? I've searched the internet and I cannot find anything.

Does anyone know? Thanks

My swing instructor (RIP) taught me the best way to learn to read a green is to "just practice" reading greens.

His idea was that all golfers practice other aspects of their games, why should green reading be any different. He also taught that the most important part of the read was the 2 foot area around the cup.

Throw a ball down, and then look at it's roll to the pin. Putt the ball and see if rolls how you thought it would. If doesn't, then study the roll until the misread is understood. Practice this
enough, and the golfer will begin to see the line clearer.

He also taught that some reads were impossible to see.

Also that aggressively rolling (speed) the ball made some green reads less important.

Back