Dave Pelz to Release New Green Reading App Free 5/20/2020

Johan185

SoCal, KiteSurfer, Golf Enthusiasts
Reaction score
Handicap
:

The conversation about the players was great. The application is awesome cannot wait to check out the features. Need more information and training on green reading.

looks like he tried it back in 2017, I wonder if this one will work

I meant to start a thread about this after watching that video over the weekend. Very interesting!

Being able to read greens correctly would definitely would be a plus. My regular best ball foursome, two are just terrible at reading greens. My brother in law and I read the putting line about the same on most greens.

According to Golf Digest he charges 20K a day for instruction.

The fact he tried crowdfunding his app is a joke.

Well this time it's Free. until you realize you will need to go to one of his bootcamps to learn how to use it correctly :banghead::drinks:

I’ve been reluctant to use on course apps due to slow play. I’m a ready go player.

I remember DP talking on a Podcast a few years back when he was trying to raise some funds thru a GoFundMe drive a few years ago, must have failed. I heard his announcement today on the TXG podcast and already put a reminder in my calendar. Looking forward to seeing what is all about.

I’ve been reluctant to use on course apps due to slow play. I’m a ready go player.
You can't use a Green reading app or the Arcos app during Tournament play. But honestly the time some individuals waste reading Greens from 12 different angles only to miss a 4 footer, it is possible that they will speed up their games.

M2C :drinks:

You can't use a Green reading app or the Arcos app during Tournament play. But honestly the time some individuals waste reading Greens from 12 different angles only to miss a 4 footer, it is possible that they will speed up their games.

M2C :drinks:
Yeah I’ve seen some really slow play on greens but it certainly isn’t me. Maybe to a fault.

Good stuff, thanks sharing

I want to use my onw sense of what I see and strike the putt. I respect Dave's brain but I dont think this is going to help me do anything but find a way make him richer.

Interested. I wonder what free means? I am guessing it will not be completely free. There may be a limited access, limited feature version for free. Then a full version that is really what you need that will be $9.99/month.

I just want a rangefinder that shows me the break Xbox style when I look through the viewfinder lol.
I'll settle for nothing less.

Aimpoint Express works - and it is scientific, like Dave likes.

But like everything else, with AE, you need to decide what happens if you run it past the hole. Are you going to die it in? Is it uphill?

I don't think Dave is going to unlock the secret to anything. Sounds good, though.

Is this anythng like the green break charts in the Golflogix app? It was experimental a few years ago when I saw it. It was supposed to help read break and speed of greens.

I'll definitely take a look at it when it comes out. I think I struggle more with feel and pace, than reading the line, though. I haven't tried the 2 tee drill yet, but that's where I see most of my issues.

I'll be really curious to see how easy it is to use based on his widget

I just want a rangefinder that shows me the break Xbox style when I look through the viewfinder lol.
I might pay extra for a "Putt Preview" like on PGA Tour '12.

Is this anythng like the green break charts in the Golflogix app? It was experimental a few years ago when I saw it. It was supposed to help read break and speed of greens.

The golflogix app is pretty tricky to use.

All you need to do is to Transplant Tiger Woods' And Ben Crenshaw's Brains into Your Head.

Then everything will be seen in Ultraviolet High Definition 4k:drinks:

Resurrecting an old thread. I had this app "release" in my calendar out of interest, but I cannot find anything. Does anyone know if this app actually got released?

Resurrecting an old thread. I had this app "release" in my calendar out of interest, but I cannot find anything. Does anyone know if this app actually got released?
Thanks for the boost and I forgot about it. Seems its would be a big hit "when" it comes to fruition. hoping for a more succesful launch that last rendition.

Back