David Duval going to Q school?

Graz

Husker Pride Nation Wide
Reaction score
Handicap
Hope he does well, and graduates:clapp:

Id like to see him make it, but I have a feeling he wont. IMO, Duval lacks the mental toughness to make it through Q school.

I think it could be a good way to get back the toughness and fire. I am rooting for him.

To bad he couldn't make the cut this week. I'll be cheering him on at Q-school.

I just read that he might now be planning to "not" go to Q-school, even though he has signed up. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I think he would do better going to the Nationwide Tour.

I hope he wins Q-School! I miss the ole' David. We saw a glimpse at the US Open, but I want more!

The Golf Channel had a quote from him yesterday when they asked him if he would be going to Q-School, and he said something like "don't bet on seeing me there". Maybe he said that amid the disappointment of missing the cut at Disney, but we'll just have to wait and see. He already is in the US Open, Masters, and British Open and can get sponsor exemptions for other events throughout the year - just can't really schedule his season.

The Golf Channel had a quote from him yesterday when they asked him if he would be going to Q-School, and he said something like "don't bet on seeing me there". Maybe he said that amid the disappointment of missing the cut at Disney, but we'll just have to wait and see. He already is in the US Open, Masters, and British Open and can get sponsor exemptions for other events throughout the year - just can't really schedule his season.

The Masters? How?

One of the announcers did say that, between sponsor exemptions and being in the 125-150 money list category, he could probably play a pretty full schedule.

Thats from the Masters site.

Yep, TheGasman nailed it. Duval's performance at the US Open this year locked up his appearance at the 2010 Masters and US Open.

I think the deal with Duval going to Q-School is much the same as with Michelle Wie. People feel that instead of going on sponsor exemptions, he should go through Q-School to prove that he still has the game to compete on tour.
Not saying I agree with that thinking 100%, but I can see how some people would think that way.

It seems that he just doesn't have the drive that one needs to succeed, ie, win!, anymore. He said in that article that qualifying for the tour is not something he has been focused on. Maybe he can put it together for one week, like he did at the Open, which would be good enough to exempt him. I tend to doubt it, though.

Duval will do just fine either way he goes. He always said that he would "exit earlier than most" from the game (of course this was right after he won the Open). I would love to see him make a run at Augusta.

Back