CONTEST Day 3: 2019 THP Holiday Cheer - Win the Golden Ticket

Please check over the first post. Each year Holiday Cheer runs for a full week, but one day of that series of contests is for Albatross Club Members only (its in the first post). The club is open to anybody and helps support a great charity. If you would like your entry to count, please signup for the club before winners are announced later this week.

Thanks for the reminder.....signing up now.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Ben Hogan, great classical looking clubs with some good tech under the hood at a very attractive price point.

To the surprise of none, Ben Hogan Golf. I grew up playing the brand and the clubs, especially the iron sets, have always had a soft spot in my heart. The Hogan equipment has always seemed to fit my game better than other OEM equipment that I have tried so that certainly accentuates my fondness for the brand. I don't recall ever dealing directly with people from the previous Ben Hogan Golf companies, but the level of customer service and caring that the current company practices on a daily basis is absolutely amazing. All of these factors definitely instill extra confidence in my game and makes me proud to play the equipment and be a fan of BHG! :D
Or..... Is it your fondness of the brand that puts the soft spot in your head that the equipment fits your game? ;)

Or..... Is it your fondness of the brand that puts the soft spot in your head that the equipment fits your game? ;)

Whatever it is, it works and I am not complaining about it.

My favorite brand is Callaway. I feel they produce a complete line of equipment for almost every golfer, and I can find equipment for whatever state my game is in at that time. While other brands may have a particular segment they excel in, Callaway is in the top tier of every segment.

There are so many fantastic companies out there but I have a real love for Cobra gear. From a brand that not too long ago was not mentioned with the big boys, they stepped it up in a big way. Year after year Cobra creates tech packed and creative new gear that flat out performs. From driver through wedge, I can assemble a full bag an know I own some of the very best equipment available. Their staff is awesome, strong social media and Puma clothing... what's not to love?

My favorite brand at this time is Titleist. My next set of irons will be Titleist.

I would have to choose Callaway, my last two sets i have purchased were both Callaway. They have straight up just worked best for me with everything I tested them against, while others came close I chose them. The continue to put out great products every year and their involvement here with the community is great. It is hard to pick just one but if forced to this is my choice.

My favorite “brand” In golf would be Footjoy. The shoes have always been my favorite and the clothes have always been one of my favorites. The classic look and feel with the addition of some subtle colors looks great to me on and off the course. For the shoes it’s the FJ classics, foaming at the mouth at some of the 1875 gear though.

Favorite brand? That’s a tough question these days because there are so many great companies.

I have an affinity for Ping products, because when I started playing it sure seemed like they were the only company really trying to make the game easier for us hackers. But that was a long time ago, and many other brands focus on game improvement now.

I think if I had to pick a favorite BRAND today, I’d have to say Callaway. They are involved in every aspect of the game and all their stuff is top shelf, IMHO. If the discussion is “who makes the best Driver?” Callaway’s name will come up. “Best irons?” Callaway will be mentioned. “Best FW, best ball, best apparel, best bags, best accessories, best shoes, best putter?“ Callaway absolutely belongs in each discussion today, and I don’t think you can say that about anyone else.

For me it’s a tie...

Ben Hogan specifically for the forgiveness of PTX-pro irons and hybrids...

Mizuno because their irons feel like.... butter.... whatever that means. I mean I’ve never hit a shot with a stick of butter and thought “wow that feels like a forged iron!”

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it would be Titleist and Taylormade as those are the clubs I tend to gravitate towards. Taylormade fills the top of the bag with Driver, 3wood, and Hybrid. Titleist fills out the bottom of the bag with irons and wedges. Aesthetically I find these brands to be the most pleasing and have the feel that allows me to play my best.

I am not really sure why but in both personal experience and fittings those brands consistently come out on top. From time to time I have wondered if my belief that TM and Titleist are best for me. Causing me to hit other clubs poorly in fittings skewing the results.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My favorite brand is ping I had nothing but a good experience with them. I hit them well when i got fitted. As for the other brands out there that I would love to try is Ben Hogans, Cobras, Callaways or anything else. I just started my golfing experience just last summer and fell in love with the sport. :love::love::love:

As of now it's COBRA. I have been playing the F9 for a couple of months and just joined up on the One Length bandwagon. If I win the GOLDEN TICKET, it's going to be used for the Morgan Cup! I see 2020 Cobra King Forged Tec One Lengths and the SpeedZone Xtreme dancing in my head.

My favorite company is Callaway. Most of al I own is them. From the driver, wedges, irons, gloves, and those awesome looking truvis balls! They are my favorite bc it’s a product that lasts a long time and can stand to a beating on the course. :cool::cool::cool:

Right now for me it's Cobra. The clubs they have been producing lately have been top notch. And on the apparel side the Puma stuff is amazing. Right now for me they are firing on all cylinders.

:):):)

Callaway is my favorite brand because of the people who work there and their incredible engagement with customers, fans and the golf world as a whole. Their culture, their desire to create fresh content like Golf Lives, The Grandaddy, their customer service, so many other reasons. I’m also a big fan of the equipment!

:)

I used to be very brand agnostic until a THP experience changed that. Callaway is my go to brand of choice now. They have first dibs on every spot in the bag. Last year I witnessed first hand the innovation and culture at callaway and it is very impressive to say the least. That along with their engagement with the members here is enough for me to give them my support.

Based on the brands I have in my bag, has to be Callaway.
?‍♂️?:)

I really love Wilson Staff. I have been playing their irons for the last 8 years (ci9’s and v4’s). I got amazing deals on both sets and it really just made me love them. They are just as good as anything else I’ve ever tried. It’s a true underdog story and I am happy to pick them. ?

1. In a comment below, tell us your favorite brand and why they are your favorite?

—This was a hard one because it wasn’t limited to golf brands per the post but it was implied. I’m choosing Titleist which is a surprise to me because I knew it was going to be Ping until right now. This year Titleist went from an aspirational brand I would never play to my whole bag except the putter. It started with the new TS line of woods, then wedges, and then irons. THP deserves full credit for this as it put me into a place I would have never been without some help. It pays to have an open mind sometimes.

2. After making the post, smile.

3. Then peruse the forum and engage in some fun conversation.
—on it

Last edited:
Callaway, because of their innovation over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back