CONTEST Day 3: 2019 THP Holiday Cheer - Win the Golden Ticket

My favorite brand, is the brand that suits my game best. My bag is a mish mash of OEMs.

Last edited:
My first set of decent irons were from Cleveland/Srixon. I've tried others and had decent success but I always seem to come back to Cleveland/Srixon. I have yet to hit a club from them that didn't make it into my bag and stay for a while at least. They are just a solid manufacturer with solid offerings.:)

Smiling's my favorite.

No wait, I guess my favorite is Taylormade, but only because it's the only brand I've gamed (other than some cheap no-name brands early on). I'm open to try other manufacturers though, such as maybe...Cobra?

:cool: :giggle:

I have always been a fan of Ben Hogan clubs. After participating in the Ben Hogan Experience this past year it has only solidified that belief. I love the clean classic lines, coupled with the latest technology the clubs just fit my game. Pair these with the Srixon ball line up and that brings the SMILE to my face. :giggle:

This is a tough question. I play a very mixed bag and I would like to say Titleist because I live in Massachusetts and I know some people that work there. I could definitely fill my bag with Titleist clubs. At the moment I have Ping Irons, Callaway wedges, driver and a fairway wood, a Taylor 3W and a Bettinardi putter. If I had to pick a favorite I would probably go with Callaway. I have had great success over the years with their clubs. My all time PB was with a set of Callaway X14PS. I love Callaway Golf Preowned and the access it gives to used equipment at fair prices that you can trust is legit.

For me it is Callaway.

My favorite brand is Titleist, their stuff is always consistent, and have good options throughout the bag. They have the ball that everyone eye to compare to and with footjoy have great apparel as well. :D:D

Thanks for the opportunity!

Oh I like this version of the Golden Ticket....Winners Choice!!! (except the Grandaddy)

Good Luck everyone!

My favorite golf equipment brand is Ben Hogan Golf. BHG has been so successful lately due to numerous reasons, but the first is their employees. Hogan Golf employees love the sport and love their company. Saddled as the "underdog" in the golf market, the men and women in Ft. Worth have to work twice as hard to grow their business and think outside the box. With passionate people like @BHGtylerb, aggressive social media presence, and a DTC model, Ben Hogan Golf might be known as underdogs, but I think the more appropriate title would be Overachiever!
Secondly, the equipment is great! It performs, as well or better in most cases, as all the major OEMs, but at a fraction of the cost! BHG has found a way to stay true to their traditional roots, but to integrate 21st century technology to give their customers/fans, the best of both worlds. These are not your fathers or grandfathers Hogans, but their modern offerings can take their place besides those iconic clubs!
Lastly, Ben Hogan Golf does so much for the THP community! BHG gave away so much equipment last year to THPers. From the Ben Hogan Experience where 7 people received new bags with all 14 clubs and other merchandise, to the many Shaft Up with UST Mamiya events, giving away numerous sets of irons, or testing/reviewing the new fully milled putters, Ben Hogan Golf values what THP stands for.
Oh...I almost forgot....BHG customer service is outstanding!
IMG_1335.JPG

Last edited:
I would have to say my favorite OEM right now is :titleist:. I was fitted for the 716 AP1's after not having played for 10 years. My game has improved drastically with these clubs. I also have the Scotty Cameron putter plus a lot of Titleist apparel. The Titleist company is advancing their club line with the T100, T200, and T300 along with the TS1, 2 and 3 Drivers.
:D:D:D:titleist:

Callaway.

It's the brand I originally turned to when I decided 21 years ago to buy my first set of real clubs. I've had Callaway in my bag ever since in some way, shape or form. It's the one I trust.

:):)(y)

I hope it doesn’t disqualify me, but I have a tie.

Callaway, because I came to golf later in my life and just after I became addicted, this small company named “Callaway” showed up as a true market disrupter. I became completely loyal to the brand. I have also seen the company’s incredible customer service first hand.

Cobra, also, because of my incredible memories associated with the Morgan Cup.

:D:);)

It is actually insanely difficult to pick just one, but the brand that I love the most is Taylormade.

The biggest reason behind this is because it is rare, in any sport, that you find one brand that makes quality equipment for ALL aspects of the game....it also helps that the golfers I idolize, Rory and Matt Wolf play their clubs :p

Golf is a feel game, and when I play my Taylormade clubs I feel confident, and alittle bit of swagger out there on the links.

Look good. Play good. Feel good.

I'm going with Callaway, they meet all my lefty needs from woods, irons, and putter. Plus I was lucky enough to meet a bunch of them at a THP event and they are just awesome people.

Off to browse now.

I'm going out on a limb here... I'm going with Hogan. They have put out a good product that looks great (at least the Blacks and Whites) at a reasonable price. That's hard to do in this age of million dollar sponsorships that create a cachet for the product.

:)

Love me my Mizuno Irons, be interested if looking at a full bag from a single manufacture. :cool:

1. There are a lot of brands that I would happily play. The new Cobra stuff coming out looks fantastic and I have always had a soft spot for Ping. But there is one favorite golf brand for me and that is Callaway. Callaway has become more than a golf brand to me and has moved into the realm of entertainment. From the “Ship Show” to original video series like “Home Course” and “Golf Lives” it seems Callaway always has my attention. No other company has me caring that Harry and AJ left or liking pictures of Finley on IG taking his kids to a ball game or celebrating his belated anniversary.

2.:thankyou::callaway::drinks:

My favorite brand would be Callaway golf. The amount of choices they offer the consumer is amazing for equipment. The clothing lines are suburb and lets not forget Odyssey putters which are hands down the best in the business. The social media interaction with them is second to none. ????????????

Love me my Mizuno Irons, be interested if looking at a full bag from a single manufacture. :cool:

Please check over the first post and make sure you signup for the Albatross Club for your entry to count. Each year during holiday cheer we have one contest that is specific to AC members

I love Titleist! I have played their sticks since back in the beginning of high school & all thru college. Grant it, I played a lot better back then & could play pure blades but they have yet to fail me. I guess it's like your favorite brand of anything really. Like your favorite jar of peanut butter, you just like it & you have always stuck with it through the thick & thin. You may try others but something always brings you back to that particular brand. It's the same feeling I have for Titleist.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I've always wanted to attend the Granddaddy so gotta go with Cally/Ody/Travis M!

I've always wanted to attend the Granddaddy so gotta go with Cally/Ody/Travis M!

Please check over the first post and make sure you signup for the Albatross Club for your entry to count. Each year during holiday cheer we have one contest that is specific to AC members

Tough question, always been open to multiple brands. Will have to think about who is #1.
Growing up Ping was always the gold standard in my mind.
Mizuno irons have been high up there for awhile grace and style along with performance are great.
Callaway in general has really increased as I have become more aware of their fan engagement both with THP and across the board. Cant argue with their woods and drivers either.
I've pushed a lot more into Puma golf for the clothing and lifestyle aspect. With that being said I haven't given Cobra clubs much of a chance to this point.
Travis Mathew is probably right up there in the clothing/lifestyle as well.
Also hugely drawn to these boutique putter/knick knack companies (Swag, Lamb, Seamus, etc) just because they are so fun and people doing what they love related to golf.

***Spot reserved for answer***

...Though I don't think they win any one category, for overall brand I think I will have to lean Callaway.

Last edited:
I have a very mixed bag but until the last year or two, I didn’t realize how good Cobra has become - the F9 driver has been unbelievable; so definitely

Cobra!

:D:D:cool::cool::):):):D:D:love::love::love:

Morgan Cup was a very fun follow and would be a phenomenal experience to be able to join.

Back