CONTEST Day 3: 2019 THP Holiday Cheer - Win the Golden Ticket

My favorite brand? I'd have to say Srixon, I play Srixon irons, and although they are a few years old now, they still work really well for me. When its time for new irons I will be open to whatever works best, but expect Srixon to be at or near the top of the list. Their irons, drivers, fairways, and hybrids are all top of the line, always right up there in the forefront of design and technology. They make great golf balls too, and have Cleveland Golf as a sister company, for great wedges and putters. What's not to like?

The folks at Srixon/Cleveland have been big sponsors/supporters of THP, and THP events/experiences, and it would be great to have the Golden Ticket to use for the 2020 Srixon Experience.

Last edited:
Callaway, and its not even close. Not just because their product is phenomenal, but because they get us. Their involvement here, and at events, is amazing. They don't rest on their laurels, either. Always trying to improve across the board. Make great clubs, something better is in the pipe. Change the golf social media landscape, evolve again with podcasts and shows. We saw it just last week, their passion for the game and the people that play it shines through. If I were limited to one brand, I have no doubt I could easily go all Callaway and get something that works for every slot in the bag, because their stuff runs the gamut. I know, because at one point or another, I've had something from Callaway in every slot in my bag.

Cobra. It’s always been Cobra since I played the bio cells. Perhaps I root for the underdog but it’s more that their equipment is simply amazing and the engagement they have on THP is fantastic.

What if I said a brand that wasn’t Callaway? ?

but, my favorite brand is callaway, and it was prior to going to Grandaddy. Great products for all skill levels, and after experiencing the greatest amateur golf event, it only cements them as my favorite.

Cobra is the brand that I have defaulted to, I honestly though can't say that I have a favorite.

Long story short, a few years ago I bought my first non box set, it was the Cobra F6. I liked the looks and the fact they were the lowest price is why I bought them. I have a set of Wilson's that are just stellar also! One brand I would like to try though is Taylormade.

My favorite brand is Callaway. They are constantly pushing and raising the bar on advances in equipment to help all of us play better golf. Their media presence through things like Golf Lives & The Shipshow are new, creative, and fun. Finally, their interactions with and generosity to THP'ers is absolutely amazing. :cool:

Favorite manufacturer is a tough question. I'm not a brand loyalist my any means. I usually have a favorite depending on the type of club. With that said, I guess I would have to go with Mizuno. I love Mizuno irons more than just about anything else in this game. They don't try and win you over with over-the-top marketing and flare. They truly let their equipment do the talking, and boy does it have a mouth on it.

So :mizuno: all the way. :cool:

Last edited:
It would be Callaway for me. Mainly due to the people behind the brand, and how well it’s performed for me the last few years. Also, getting an inside show to see all they put into R&D and continuous improvement.

Before joining THP and seeing the involvement Callaway has with the community, my favorite brands were Callaway and Titleist. My bag for the last 20 years has been some combination of Callaway or Titleist clubs. At one time I was playing Titleist 907d Driver and Cally X20Tour irons. It's always been a flip flop as each has gotten better and better. Now that I see how great the Callaway and THP has been, might be leaning a little more to Callaway especuilly with how much I love my new Driver/FW combo and the feel of the MD5's. Can't wait to see what the new releases look like.

Cobra- innovated marketing, design, performance and cost.

I am also a fan of the sponsored players on Tour.

Incredible opportunity- Thanks for all that goes in to this for us!

Like most here I've played a lot of brands over the year but I would say Cobra, feel like they were flying under the radar for a while. Had the S3 pro combos for a while, many different drivers and currently game the F9s. Great waking up each morning this week to see the prizes!!

:oops::):)

Wow! Good luck everyone! What a prize. This place never ceases to amaze me. I have already been blessed, so I am one less person that you guys need to go up against. But, man, such a crazy giveaway.

Please check over the first post and make sure you signup for the Albatross Club for your entry to count. Each year during holiday cheer we have one contest that is specific to AC members
Signing up now JB! Thx

Good luck everyone! This is an awesome prize!

My favorite brand is Cobra. Morgan Cup 2020. That makes me smile everyday.

:):):):):):):):):):)

My favorite OEM would have to be Callaway. The equipment is really good from clubs to balls to apparel. Also, they do a ton for the THP community and in my opinion have done the best at getting their brand out in social media.

As far as irons, Wilson Staff are in the bag for me! They've stood the test of time, are innovators equal to the bigger names, and will surprise many if they were played. Taylor Made driver and FW's, Callaway balls, and a no name, non milled face putter has put my Odyssey in the garage!

Titleist is my go to with driver, wedges, putter. Usually stay with Titleist and taylormade combos for my set.

For me its between Cobra and Callway, but I'd have to choose Cobra. The first set of clubs I ever swung were cobras. Fast forward 15 years and my first full set of irons as an adult are some lightly used Cobra S3s I bought from a friend and I love them. I swung a bunch of different clubs at the PGA Tour Superstore and I kept going back to the Cobras. For me (a very new person to golf) they felt the best and I got the best results with them.

I'm also on the PXG wagon, because of what they've done for thousands of us this year in their heroes program. It doesn't hurt that I haven't hit as many great balls as I have this year after receiving my setup. The customer service is pretty outstanding, too, as they call and check on everything after you've hit it for a while to make sure it fits. I know the jury is still out on these guys and their ideologies, but they work for me.

As far as irons, Wilson Staff are in the bag for me! They've stood the test of time, are innovators equal to the bigger names, and will surprise many if they were played. Taylor Made driver and FW's, Callaway balls, and a no name, non milled face putter has put my Odyssey in the garage!

Titleist is my go to with driver, wedges, putter. Usually stay with Titleist and taylormade combos for my set.

Please check over the first post. Each year Holiday Cheer runs for a full week, but one day of that series of contests is for Albatross Club Members only (its in the first post). The club is open to anybody and helps support a great charity. If you would like your entry to count, please signup for the club before winners are announced later this week.

I don’t really have a favorite. Though if I won the Golden Ticket I’m sure I could find one ?

Callaway for sure. The products are top notch and the people are amazing.

I’ll have to go with Srixon, I was on Team Zack during this year’s Distance Powered by Srixon event. I came away throughly impressed with the equipment and the people behind that Brand. Noelle is one of the best people that you will ever meet (Zach doesn’t work there anymore, but he is an awesome person too)!!!

The U85 Hybrid is my favorite club that I have ever owned!!!

Callaway is a close second, I had a chance to meet @JasonFinleyCG at a Rogue Trip event. He was great to interact with!!!

If you asked me this question a year ago I probably would have said Callaway based on how my bag was setup and how well they interact with their customers and this community. But after attending the 2019 Morgan Cup I now have to lean toward Cobra Puma Golf. A full bag of Cobra clubs has lead to pretty significant improvement in scores this year, and I absolutely love the fit and materials that go into the Puma apparel (I now have a closet full of Puma pants/shorts/polos/quarter zips/hats). They have fantastic customer service, and the employees that I have met have a true passion for engaging with the THP community. CPG also does a great job partnering with smaller brands to release Limited Edition items (Vessel Golf, CRU golf, etc.). Can’t wait to see what the future holds for CPG as they continue to grow as a brand.

The Grandaddy spoiled me, so Callaway takes the top spot here. They may not always have representation in the bag, but they will always get the 1st opportunity.

:geek::geek::geek:

Last edited:
Back