CONTEST Day 3: 2019 THP Holiday Cheer - Win the Golden Ticket

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Today we are continuing the 2019 THP Holiday Cheer Event, the annual contest that is the celebration of the THP online community. Ten years ago, we hosted our first Holiday Cheer, and it was a contest unlike any other and this year the week long event continues with amazing prizes.

2019 THP Holiday Cheer will continue to run for the entire week with a new prize every single day. Today is a special contest for 2020 Albatross Club Members and is a good one.
Untitled-2.jpg
The Prize
The elusive golden ticket. This one is good for any THP Experience that is coming in 2020 that comes with a full bag of clubs. There will be quite a few and this ticket let's you skip the line and get automatic entry. In the past couple of years, brands like Cobra, Callaway, Srixon, Ben Hogan and others have held events where a full bag of clubs is part of the entry fee and they are always a tough task to get into. There are costs associated with these THP Experiences, but we guarantee the gear and golf far outweigh them.

Qualifying
THP Experiences are about making the impossible, possible. Your ticket to enter these amazing opportunities is the 2020 Albatross Club membership which goes to help a wonderful charity benefitting children. For more information on that or to sign up and help support this great cause, click here.

How to Enter
Entering is super easy and all you have to do is follow these 3 steps.

1. In a comment below, tell us your favorite brand and why they are your favorite?

2. After making the post, smile.

3. Then peruse the forum and engage in some fun conversation.

That is it. Later this week we will announce the winner and it could be you.

Don't forget to check back every single day as this is THP Holiday Cheer and a new contest is right around the corner.

This is one of my favorites! Skip the lines and straight to the front.

no shocker my favorite brand is Callaway/Odyssey. It’s more than the equipment, it’s the people behind the brand who do great work, but are invested in me as a person. Just see #TheGrandaddy for proof. :cool:

good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I am torn between 2 favourites that are represented in my current bag setup, but seeing as they hold more spaces in my bag I am going to go with Srixon

Reason being, I had the Z545 irons in my bag and then this year moved to a combo set of Z785/Z-Forged and they have helped to bring my handicap down to single figures (along with the lessons obviously)
The clubs are excellent quality and in the setup I have, they just feel so good to hit and I can't help but smile every time I pull one of the irons out of my bag knowing that if I put a decent swing on them they will deliver exactly what I need

I better keep an eye on the event schedule for 2020 just in case I happen to be the lucky one in this thread :)

My favorite brand is Callaway because of multiple reasons:

They dominate the equipment I trust in my bag. Their engagement with our community here and how they’ve invested in our community as well. It just feels like more than a partnership.

Callaway.
Mostly due to there involvement in the industry , podcasts, forums, facilities, they just seem more involved in the community then others are. Last but not least is their line of top notch products. Last weeks event just kinda sums it up for me. ;)

So hard to choose only one brand because I like so many of the OEMs.

But if forced to pick only one it would be Cobra.

Cobra has committed itself to constantly trying to improve everything. The milled face on their drivers and wrapping carbon around the club. They even use center of gravity as part of their story which makes a lot of sense. They also look at materials and engineering processes. The MiM Wedge is the first entirely MiM club head. Additionally, they are committed to one length. Something that really can help golfers. Plus their partnership with Arccos Golf to give analytics to golfers. Finally, they are committed to bringing products across the entire spectrum of golfers. From complete sets to get newcomers into the game, to specially designed clubs for senior golfers, all the way to the tour pro with blades. Cobra holds no punches providing one of the most complete lineups that is competitive against other oems and at a price that will help the consumer save a bit.

Lastly, their aesthetic is awesome and the partnership they have with Puma is amazing bringing out solid apparel and accessories.

I really don't have a favorite brand. I have a couple of Callaway clubs that I like. Never really tried anything else except at demo days. My current set it a 15 year old set of Dunlops, they have been good but hey after 15 years are good to be retired. So I guess no real feel for newer equipment. Oh, and if I win the golden ticket this year i promise to use!!

Hard to make a decision but i have to go with Cobra, their innovation in the last 5 years has jumped far and they are doing great things with weighting and technology that i just have to say, Cobra! I am a believer of playing a mixed bag if something works for you. But as far as favorite, Cobra, Tend to wear a lot of Puma also...

As you know @JB my answer would be :mizuno:
as that is what my bil plays who got me hooked on golf. I still remember the first time I connected with his mp 33s. Sweet mother of god! So crisp! Now just striving to have the game to play my JPX 850s to their full potential.
Oh and, :act-up: smile!

:callaway:Best of luck THP Brethren:callaway:

Wow, great contest for Day 3! Goodluck everyone!

My favorite brand right now is Cobra. They are putting out forward thinking, advanced equipment that is pushing the envelope of what materials and technology can do in golf. But most importantly, they are doing all of this while keeping the retail prices of their equipment at a reasonable and accessible level. The value you get with Cobra’s equipment is absolutely amazing, and the performance is on par or better than any of the new releases I have compared them to.

Miura

Since I picked up golf again in my 40's I always wanted a set of Miura irons due to mystique of thm. Each club getting a final grind from Mr. Miura himself. Clubs crafted from, "The hands of God", and not passing inspection without the ok from him. Sounds silly but i've always been intrigued. Last year I finally found the set I was looking for and haven't turned back (and wasn't disappointed)!

as that is what my bil plays who got me hooked on golf. I still remember the first time I connected with his mp 33s. Sweet mother of god! So crisp! Now just striving to have the game to play my JPX 850s to their full potential.

I didn't know, but thank you for sharing.

If I had to pick a #2 in my favorite lineup of irons it would be Mizuno hands down!

So historically ive played mostly Callaway, and they are a favorite of mine, but I do love what cobra is doing in carving out a big portion of the market. I really want to try out various oem's clubs this year and get a fitting, but am leaning heavily toward cobras forged tec

Juuust woke up, no coffee yet so best smile I got right now

Good luck all!

Like Noelle from Srixon once told me, “You’re a Callaway Guy”...

I like to think that I’m a THP guy, and Callaway claimed first right of refusal at #TheGrandaddy... The people make The Grandaddy phenomenal...

The Brands that sponsor the THP Experiences are all great, from Cobra and the Morgan Cup to Srixon and Distance Powered by Srixon to Ben Hogan and the Ben Hogan Experience (and many more), they all do a great job engaging and enriching this community...

I’m a Titleist guy top to bottom. They’re one of only a few brands that are readily available for me (a lefty) to test locally. I realize it’s incredibly closed-minded but it‘s unlikely that I’ll ever switch to another brand. I know their stuff works for me and there’s something to be said about having confidence.

Their customer service has also been top notch when I’ve needed things addressed (once due to an error on their part and twice because of bonehead moves on my part).

I am going to choose Cobra as my favorite brand, though it is tough to pick just one as I like different brands for different reasons. Cobra has a great performing clubs , at a good value, that are put together with great finish and marketing. I think One Length was a big gamble that is working out for them, and an example of taking good risks.

My favorite brand is Ping. :) Weird that it’s my favorite but not well represented in the bag right now. Just have always loved all aspects - woods, irons, wedges, putter, bag. There is a close 2nd place tie amongst Mizuno, Callaway, TaylorMade, Titleist and Cobra. Thanks THP!:)

THP Holiday Cheer is bringing it this year. This one is like a fast pass to the front of the line!!!

Cobra Golf
They were the first brand of golf clubs I ever owned. To see the path and evolution they gone through always keeping the consumer & game in mind! The technology they have coming confirms that!!!

Callaway
I feel like they are pushing the boundaries of the industry. They offer a diverse product lineup from budget to premium and their clubs always look like they moving a million miles an hour, even sitting still.

Well, they aren’t holding an event - but I’m a PXG guy. In addition to loving my 0311 XF Gen2 irons, I love that PXG offers huge discounts to former and active military and first responders. As a former Marine that really means a lot to me! I do love my Rogue Hybrids though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Luck Everyone. Somebody is going to have a Golden Holiday Season!!!! Excited to see who.

Back