CONTEST Day 4: 2019 THP Holiday Cheer - Mystery Box of Awesome

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Today we are continuing the 2019 THP Holiday Cheer Event, the annual contest that is the celebration of the THP online community. Ten years ago, we hosted our first Holiday Cheer, and it was a contest unlike any other and this year the week long event continues with amazing prizes.

2019 THP Holiday Cheer will continue to run for the entire week with a new prize every single day. Today is one of the most unique we are doing in that you don't know the prize.

Untitled-1.jpg

The Prize
What is the Mystery Box of Awesome? Here is what we can tell you. It will come in a large box, delivered to your home or office and will arrive before the holidays. The value is around $1000 and we can guarantee one thing. It is 100% filled with awesome stuff.

How to Enter
Like all of our Holiday Cheer contests, entering is super easy. Follow these 3 steps.

1. Post in this thread, the number one thing you want to replace in your golf bag this year?
2. Make a second post in this thread with a brand you want to try but haven't spent a lot of time with
3. Confirm sure you made both posts separately

That is it. Then sit back and wait a couple of days and see if you have a Mystery Box of Awesome headed your way.

I like big boxes! Plus in need of some as we prepare to move.

1. I am looking to switch up my putter this year and take advantage of the tech out there.

2. Callaway

I am hoping to upgrade my driver this coming year.

Definitely want to try out Cobra, especially seeing their new tech. Haven't really hit their clubs in the past.

My number one replacement is a driver, The G400 was decent but I never could get consistency out of it. .

Cobra is a brand I'd like to try but just haven't for some reason. They always get such high marks on their equipment so it's odd I haven't bought anything from that brand.

First post:
I’m itching for a new driver (that I don’t really need ?)

Hmm. I like this one, but it’s a tough one.

probably the only thing I’m really thinking about replace is my driver. Love mine, just want to see what else is out there.

I’d love to spend some more time with some wilson staff gear. Haven’t played much of it and I’ve heard some Really good stuff.

The one thing I would like to replace in my bag this year is my 3 wood. I played this past season primarily with a heavenwood as my only fairway wood. I had no confidence in my 3 wood.

Second Post:
UST Mamiya- I’m retaking my iron shafts after watching the Graphite Challenge

Last edited:
1. Club I’m looking to replace? I’d have to say my 3W or Driver this year.

First Post

Definitely upgrading the driver this year. There some new tech out there that I’m sure is going to benefit me in some capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A brand that I would like to try is Cleveland. After reading the reviews here on THP, I’m very interested in the new Cleveland Turbo Launcher Driver and Fairway Woods.

2. A brand I’d like to spend more time with? Probably Travis Mathew because apparel is the best part of my game.

Second Post:

Playing off my first post, I’m looking hard at Cobra. They came out with a splash last year with the success of the F9. Speed zone is on my radar this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The club I plan on replacing this year in my bag is my 4 hybrid. I do not have a lot of confidence in it right now, nor do I think it gaps well with my new Ben Hogan PTx Pro set. I think I may go to a 3 Hybrid.

A brand I would like to spend more time with is Tour Edge. I have read some great things about their Exotics line and followed along with those who participated in the Team Tour Edge testing this year.

My iron play was weakest this past season, so they are on notice!

A brand that I would like to try that I haven’t spent a lot of time with? In the irons, there are a few. TaylorMade is standing out at the moment based on a recent fitting session.

Back