CONTEST Day 5: 2019 THP Holiday Cheer - Pre Release Irons

I currently play Callaway FT irons!
Hitting fat is one of my biggest problems, and these could make a huge difference for me to help get that handicap down!

I play Wilson D350. Love the reviews and love to not hit my fairway irons fat. Yes, I am still doing that with the 350's. HA!
This has been a great week guys! Thanks for all the chances to win!

I play cobra F-Max irons. They're forgiving but don't go as far as I'd like. The confidence to the eye is what makes these attractive to me. Kinda like the Cleveland Hi Bore irons. Always wanted to play those now it's hard to find them. This is the next closest thing I've seen in a while

1. Post in this thread, your current set of irons that you play? Callaway Apex Forged
2. In the same post, tell us what you like about Launch Pad irons? Turf interaction and the fact that they looked at the weekend players and said where do they need help? Oh, fat shots and getting the ball in the air? No worries, we got you!
3. Sit back and enjoy the THP Forum

I currently game Miura PP-9003 irons

I am interested in the Wilson Staff Launch Pad Hybrid irons after reading THP's original review and then OITW's followup review of them as well. As a golfer with a slower swing I feel that these irons would help me get more distance and height than my Miura's allowing me less frustration on the course. Moving into these super GI irons is at the top of my list when it comes to selecting my next set.

The club to ground interaction should help eliminate fat shots while allowing me to get the club head through the rough (where I normally find myself)! The hollow body construction will also hopefully provide the forgiveness I would be looking for on those not so perfect hit shots. I also like that they don't have an extreme offset and appear to setup like a "normal" iron at address. Low and deep weight should provide a higher launch leading to me holding more greens.

I guess I just pretty much like everything that these irons appear to offer. Only way to tell is to get them in my bag and give them a thorough whacking!. Thank you THP for the opportunity!

1. I currently play Mizuno JPX irons.

2. Need help on off center shots and getting the ball elevated.

I currently play Callaway Epic irons 4-SW with the stock LZ 6.0 shafts

I like the overall look of the Launch Pad irons, they just instill a sense of confidence that you are going to be able to make better contact with a larger clubbed and you would expect similar characteristics to a driver, fairway or hybrid, which should hopefully lead to longer shots.

I am currently using my dad’s old set of irons. These new irons will give me much lore forgiveness

1. Cobra Forged Tec Black
2. I like the way they look. That Chrome and Black look is ????????

Good luck to all the participants in this one! The week of awesomeness continues :cool:

Currently swinging Wilson Di9's
Would love to "save the turf" with these beauties! The Launch Pads seem to be the clubs to have as my swing is slowing down a little.
Good luck to all!

1) I currently play 2009 Callaway X-Forged irons 6-PW; my 4 and 5-irons are Callaway X-20's
2) I recently started playing right-to-left predominately, and I can sometimes over-hook the blades. I suspect that the Launch Pad irons might allow me to straighten those shots out more effectively.

Good luck everyone!

I play with 25 year old Taylor Made Burner Irons.

I like these because of their reviews, their look, and they're not 25 years old.

I am currently using the Callaway edge graphite irons, they get the job done usually. These Wilson irons I think would help on being more consistent on getting the ball off the ground or chunking it. I feel like they would help you want to comeback to play another round with your buddies and not feel embarrassed about your tee shots.

I currently play Kenneth Smith custom irons made for me in the 1990's. These Launch Pad irons look radical and very forgiving and I would love to give them a try.

Nickent
The forgiveness of launch pad irons

Another day, another great prize. Good luck to everyone!

@JB you're not saving these for Adam? ;)

Currently play - Callaway Apex ‘19

I’m really intrigued by this comment in the review: “Keeping the everyday player in mind, our test results show the Launch Pad sole reduces fat shots by 73%, enabling players to attack the course with more confidence.”

Who wouldn’t want to attack with more confidence?

A crazy cool combo set could be put in play with these, as long as you got the gabbing right ....

Currently playing Callaway Edge irons. Looking to upgrade the irons. I like the extra loft and the design of the irons, almost hybrid like. The hybrid is the best club I hit in my bag. Having a whole set of irons that work the same way would be fantastic.

Good luck everyone!

Today we are continuing the 2019 THP Holiday Cheer Event, the annual contest that is the celebration of the THP online community. Ten years ago, we hosted our first Holiday Cheer, and it was a contest unlike any other and this year the week long event continues with amazing prizes.

2019 THP Holiday Cheer will continue to run for the entire week with a new prize every single day. Today is a brand new set of irons that has not even hit stores yet.

View attachment 8918824

The Prize
Earlier this week, we previewed the new Wilson Staff Launch Pad Hybrid Irons. Want to learn more about them? Click here to read our preview on the home page. They hit stores soon, but right now you could win a set in Holiday Cheer.

How to Enter
Like all of our Holiday Cheer contests, entering is super easy. Follow these 3 steps.

1. Post in this thread, your current set of irons that you play?
2. In the same post, tell us what you like about Launch Pad irons?
3. Sit back and enjoy the THP Forum

That is it. We will announce the winner in a few days and someone will have a fun set of hybrid irons headed their way.
1. TaylorMade P760
2. They look like a set of irons to get someone back out onto the golf course.

Srixon z765, interested in seeing the forgiveness of these irons.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Good luck everyone!

I play the Tour Edge Iron-Woods and the Ben Hogan PTx Pros. I'm curious how this compare to the Iron-Woods. Merry Christmas y'all!

Back