CONTEST Day 5: 2019 THP Holiday Cheer - Pre Release Irons

My old x22....Most likely the forgiveness also having today interventions.

My current set of irons is Taylormade Burner.
I like the Launch Pad irons due to the forgiveness and the high launch factors.

I play the Wilson staff fg tour v4 irons.

what I love about these is that they are so hard to hit fat. They are completely different from what I use but would be fun to see how well they do for me.

I am currently playing the Wilson Staff Tour Forged Irons. I like the ultimate forgiveness of these new Wilsons.

I'm currently playing Callaway Steel Head XR's. I like these new Wilsons due to how forgiving they can be.

Ping i200s. I would like the forgiveness of the Wilson irons and extra height would be nice

Nice prize... Always liked Wilson Staff irons -- very underrated in the market place. Since I'm a left, it's hard to find them to "practice" with or try out, but I've hit them before and for me, these are nice "game improvement" clubs. Be a great gift.

Current Ping ISI irons
Old and outdated, playing the new launcher will help me make better contact and help regain my lost confidence in hitting irons.
BTW I love hybrids

Nicklaus irons with steel shafts
I like the idea of higher ball flight & more carry distance

Guys, this ended days ago. Winner was already announced.

How could it have ended days ago? It was just announced on the 13th. Discouraging other contestants?...…...
I played Cleveland HB3s for many years - Wilson's new hybrid irons have the same lines. Just bought a set of Hot Metals, but would be willing to game the new Wilsons.

How could it have ended days ago? It was just announced on the 13th. Discouraging other contestants?...…...
I played Cleveland HB3s for many years - Wilson's new hybrid irons have the same lines. Just bought a set of Hot Metals, but would be willing to game the new Wilsons.
Being as the guy you’re replying to is the guy holding the contest and giving the irons away I doubt he’s trying to discourage more entires. But this was a one day contest and the winner has been announced already.

there will be plenty more great contests, I’m sure of that. ?

Seems like a good moment to say thanks to JB, GG, and all the amazing THP sponsors for these awesome contests and amazing prizes! Just read the first post on these contest threads folks - it’s pretty straightforward...

Guys, this ended days ago. Winner was already announced.
I currently play Cleveland 588 Altitude irons.

I am big fan of hollow body irons especially the more hybrid style irons like the Wilson Launch Pad irons. Given I currently play the Altitudes, the LP's look very similar and especially curious to see how Wilson has done with this type of iron style. Are there gains to be made ????

See above post.

sorry missed it that it ended already. I don't lurk here in the contest area very much. The equipment threads is where I hang out mostly.

Where is the winner listed? Also anyway to lock threads once the contest has been decided so people don't make posts after the fact?

sorry missed it that it ended already. I don't lurk here in the contest area very much. The equipment threads is where I hang out mostly.

Entire section has every contest winner listed in a new thread. See them here.

currently i am playing the callaway steelhead irons.

as for the new wilson staff launch pad hybrids....i have been looking them up on the net and i found a post by "golfunfilitered" that sums it up best i think: “The Launch Pad Irons will give game-improvement golfers confidence over every shot, says Jon Pergande, Manager of Golf Club Innovation. “Keeping the everyday player in mind, our test results show the Launch Pad sole reduces fat shots by 73%, enabling players to attack the course with more confidence.”

that quote is right up the alley for players like myself. players that might struggle a little to square up and center hit the ball every time. a little help can go a long way.....:)

Thanks for this contest JB!
1) Currently play set of Wilson D100 ES hybrid irons 3-GW
2) Love the Launch pad Wilson set because it combines the hybrids and irons into one progressive set! Loved the 3,4,5 hybrids in the ES D100 set but found that they didn’t compliment the irons in the set as well...I think Wilson has done an amazing job in creating a seamless, progressive set!!!
3). Thanks JB and good luck to all!!!!

Thanks for this contest JB!
1) Currently play set of Wilson D100 ES hybrid irons 3-GW
2) Love the Launch pad Wilson set because it combines the hybrids and irons into one progressive set! Loved the 3,4,5 hybrids in the ES D100 set but found that they didn’t compliment the irons in the set as well...I think Wilson has done an amazing job in creating a seamless, progressive set!!!
3). Thanks JB and good luck to all!!!!

This contest ended a while ago. THP Holiday Cheer was over a week ago and had a new contest every single day and each only lasted a day.

Seems to be a common occurrence of entries coming after contest is done. Could lock the entry threads up once they are done and winner announced. (y)

I play Ping G2's. Yep G2's. At first I didnt think these would be right for me. Having read the article in depth and thinking about my game the LP's would provide me increased height, distance for this 62 year old swing and more consistiency.

OOPS DIDNT REALIZE IT WAS OVER.....BUT I MEAN WHAT I SAID

Last edited:
Seems to be a common occurrence of entries coming after contest is done. Could lock the entry threads up once they are done and winner announced. (y)
But it is so much fun seeing someone enter a contest that is over. Makes me think I should post an entry for the 2019 Grandaddy!

Currently using Titelist DTR irons as old as me almost. Love the new look and thicker iron head

Back