Daytona/North Orlando area short course needed

billyh

Goodwill Hunter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lot
This year the family and I are going to visit my parents down in Florida. I was planning on playing a par 3 course in Daytona called the Oceans Golf club so I only had to bring a couple clubs. Is there any other par 3/executive courses in the area that would be worth it? We plan on playing next Tuesday. I'd also be inclined to meet up with a fellow THPer that day if you don't mind my father tagging along. He'd just be in for the ride on a cart as he doesn't play. Thanks!

I am not sure if any short courses in the area. @McLovin do you know of any?

This year the family and I are going to visit my parents down in Florida. I was planning on playing a par 3 course in Daytona called the Oceans Golf club so I only had to bring a couple clubs. Is there any other par 3/executive courses in the area that would be worth it? We plan on playing next Tuesday. I'd also be inclined to meet up with a fellow THPer that day if you don't mind my father tagging along. He'd just be in for the ride on a cart as he doesn't play. Thanks!

I am familiar with this course. For something fun to walk and work on your short, it AWESOME! My son‘s school has been there 3x in the past 2 months as its great for practice. He and I went and I loved it. Only need a GW,LW and putter. Greens were not super fast but really we were there for my son to practice. He loves it. Also is cheap, like $10 or something.

Attachments

• D04FDAE6-AACB-410D-A3D8-D49ACAD010BA.jpeg
    D04FDAE6-AACB-410D-A3D8-D49ACAD010BA.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 340843CA-121F-4123-8D11-70A1CB737B9B.jpeg
    340843CA-121F-4123-8D11-70A1CB737B9B.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1
I am not sure if any short courses in the area. @McLovin do you know of any?

is there a par 3 at lpga? i don’t think so, but can’t recall.

The only one I can think of would be at OCN, but that is nowhere near to Daytona.

@McLovin I'd be game to meet up for a round down by you also if possible. I'd find a way to sneak a bag in the car.

@McLovin I'd be game to meet up for a round down by you also if possible. I'd find a way to sneak a bag in the car.

are you playing next tuesday? or any other days?

Either Monday or Tuesday.

that stinks. i’m out of town monday, have two meetings tuesday. if you’re ever back this way, lemme know and we’ll try again!

The only one I can think of would be at OCN, but that is nowhere near to Daytona.
Just looked and they show a $9 hot deal. That's incentive enough to check it out. Thanks!
that stinks. i’m out of town monday, have two meetings tuesday. if you’re ever back this way, lemme know and we’ll try again!
Most definitely will!

Just looked and they show a $9 hot deal. That's incentive enough to check it out. Thanks!

Most definitely will!
I heard it’s a nice course. Haven’t had the opportunity to check it out though.

There’s winter park 9, but that’s really about even with downtown orlando. Great little track, cheap to walk, but a touch further south than you may want to be?

There’s winter park 9, but that’s really about even with downtown orlando. Great little track, cheap to walk, but a touch further south than you may want to be?

the no laying up guys love that course

Most definitely will!

i’ll be at ocn on thursday taking a lesson. i can try to check out the 9 hole if you need a little reconnaissance. the last time i was there, it was decent. worth $9? absolutely. worth a long drive? absolutely not.

is there a par 3 at lpga? i don’t think so, but can’t recall.

LPGA has a practice course. Consists of a Par 5,4,3. 3 holes total.

the no laying up guys love that course

I’ve played it once, I really enjoyed it. Beat the hell out of me around the greens, but I would do that again without question.

I was able to book the hills course at LPGA for less than $30 on Tuesday so I took that. Might as well play a full size course for that price.

Last edited:
Back