I personally got into comics in 1991 as an 8 year old. During that time, I was obsessed with the Amazing Spider-Man, the X-Men, and the Avengers. However, between 1992 and 1993 I was super caught up in the Death of Superman saga. But with that said, Superman was the only DC comic I read. But also, Batman: The Animated series had an amazing run which was followed by DC having great animated films. The X-Men animated series was one of the greatest cartoons ever.

Fast forward to the future, I continued to watch every if not all DC and Marvel movie (regardless of sony, fox, or MCU). Most, if not all Marvel Cinematic Universe movies have been amazing. Christopher Nolan's first 2 Batman films were amazing. Meanwhile, DC extended universe seems to fall flat time and time again with the exception of the first Wonder Woman and maybe shazaam.

At this point, I ride and die with marvel studios when it comes to their movies. I haven't picked up a comic in over 10 years.

if you count dark knight trilogy then that is easily the best comic book movies. then i would rank:

1. civil war
2. winter solider
3. ragnarok

all pretty close

if you count dark knight trilogy then that is easily the best comic book movies. then i would rank:

1. civil war
2. winter solider
3. ragnarok

all pretty close
Yeah, I liked Ragnarok a lot, it embraced the campiness of Thor. I think the first Avengers, Infinity War, and Endgame are absolutely amazing. It's almost forgotten, but the first Tobey Maguire Spider-man movie holds up really well, excellent pacing. Also, Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse is FANTASTIC. Lastly, Big Hero: 6 is a really fun watch.

Comics - DC is better, think Superman and Batman.

Movies - Aside from the Dark Knight trilogy, Marvel is leaps and bounds ahead in continuity of the storyline and entertainment value.
The Dark Knight & Captain American: Winter Solider are the two best comic book movies ever made.
I would make an argument that Logan deserves consideration as well.

I would make an argument that Logan deserves consideration as well.
Gotdayum that is a good movie. The black and white version, Logan Noir, is just a spectacular watch.

If you have not read the Batman novel that focuses on him getting his ass kicked by Bane I suggest it big time. I think it's Knightfall

Yeah, I liked Ragnarok a lot, it embraced the campiness of Thor. I think the first Avengers, Infinity War, and Endgame are absolutely amazing. It's almost forgotten, but the first Tobey Maguire Spider-man movie holds up really well, excellent pacing. Also, Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse is FANTASTIC. Lastly, Big Hero: 6 is a really fun watch.
first tobey maguire spiderman was really good. most people forget about toby because they have rebooted so many times. give me tobey over the new kid and the other one...i forget his name. i liked the 2nd one as well with doc-oc

first tobey maguire spiderman was really good. most people forget about toby because they have rebooted so many times. give me tobey over the new kid and the other one...i forget his name. i liked the 2nd one as well with doc-oc
I'm on board with Tom Holland as Spider-Man. My son likes those movies. Makes me happy.

he is fine but i was hoping for a spider-MAN, instead of another high school kid reboot
Fair, but the "on the younger side" played well in Civil War. Plus it have plausibility why none of the Avengers knew about him.

he is fine but i was hoping for a spider-MAN, instead of another high school kid reboot
The Tobey version was a spiderMAN pretending to be in high school. He was like 30. The new version does stay more true to the comic version.

Ok, so Marvel fans ( and I'm a big time Marvel fan) answer me this, WTF is WandaVision?? I tried watch it last night and.......:confused2:

Just don't get your hopes up for the DC movies :sick:

Ok, so Marvel fans ( and I'm a big time Marvel fan) answer me this, WTF is WandaVision?? I tried watch it last night and.......:confused2:
It takes a few episodes to make some sense. New episode was 🤯

I had to do a quick good search to confirm the last scene

Long time ago I use to collect both DC and Marvel comics.
So did I.
Did your mom throw away a stack of comics (neatly stacked in a closet) that included a mint condition First-Appearance-Of-Spiderman Amazing Fantasy comic?
Mine did...
I could buy a nice house with the money I could sell it for now.

They are teasing a superman reboot with a black superman. I can not think of a worse idea.

They can't invent some cool new black super hero's? Instead they are just going to reboot characters with black actors. Seems silly and a slap in the face of black actors. There are no good ideas for a new black super hero? The actors that take over these roles are instantly going to have people rooting against them. Doesn't seem right.

They are teasing a superman reboot with a black superman. I can not think of a worse idea.

They can't invent some cool new black super hero's? Instead they are just going to reboot characters with black actors. Seems silly and a slap in the face of black actors. There are no good ideas for a new black super hero? The actors that take over these roles are instantly going to have people rooting against them. Doesn't seem right.
Superman = Farm Boy from Kansas raised by the Kents; Born on Krypton.
Works at the Daily Planet as a Reporter.
Basically a Boy Scout, polar opposite of Batman.
Lois Lane is also a reporter and love interest.

Watch Christopher Reeve’s version if you still don’t get it. Why does Warner Bros make this so hard?

This is my opinion...

DC movies suck. They've rebooted Spiderman so many times I have no idea what's going on... as such, I no longer care and won't see another Spiderman movie.
Same thing goes for Batman. I'm tired of those movies too.
Wonder Woman is hot but I wasn't interested in the second movie.

Marvel movies are levels better than DC... but they put so many out I stopped watching them too. Call it superhero burn out... or whatever. Maybe I got old or something but, when I see a movie I want a suspension of disbelief, lots of 'splosions, lots of killin'. I'm not getting that in too many movies now.

Superman = Farm Boy from Kansas raised by the Kents; Born on Krypton.
Works at the Daily Planet as a Reporter.
Basically a Boy Scout, polar opposite of Batman.
Lois Lane is also a reporter and love interest.

Watch Christopher Reeve’s version if you still don’t get it. Why does Warner Bros make this so hard?

Like Marvel, DC has a "multiverse". It allows for a convenient reimagining of popular characters (see Miles Morales as Spider-Man). The DC TV EU handles the multiverse a fantastic way that mirrors how the comics handle it. Val-Zod is a Superman on Earth 2 and also black. Developing a black Superman movie is a perfect nod to the comic book material.

Like Marvel, DC has a "multiverse". It allows for a convenient reimagining of popular characters (see Miles Morales as Spider-Man). The DC TV EU handles the multiverse a fantastic way that mirrors how the comics handle it. Val-Zod is a Superman on Earth 2 and also black. Developing a black Superman movie is a perfect nod to the comic book material.
I know the source material, I have 20 long boxes of the source material upstairs in my office... This will be an abject failure.

If you are going to Flashpoint reboot the main DCEU movie continuity... You can’t depict Superman in any other way than he’s been depicted in the main continuity of the source material.

In any reboot (Post-Crisis, Hour Zero, New 52 etc.), the main questions are if he was or wasn’t Superboy and power level.

The core fundamentals aren’t changed that includes the race he has been depicted as since 1938...

I know the source material, I have 20 long boxes of the source material upstairs in my office... This will be an abject failure.

If you are going to Flashpoint reboot the main DCEU movie continuity... You can’t depict Superman in any other way than he’s been depicted in the main continuity of the source material.

In any reboot (Post-Crisis, Hour Zero, New 52 etc.), the main questions are if he was or wasn’t Superboy and power level.

The core fundamentals aren’t changed that includes the race he has been depicted as since 1938...
I disagree that a core fundamental of the Superman character is his skin color.

How do you feel about it now?

So did I.
Did your mom throw away a stack of comics (neatly stacked in a closet) that included a mint condition First-Appearance-Of-Spiderman Amazing Fantasy comic?
Mine did...
I could buy a nice house with the money I could sell it for now.

You had Amazing Fantasy #15????? man! sucks your mom trashed it... 😢

I disagree that a core fundamental of the Superman character is his skin color.
You said that, “Developing a black Superman movie is a perfect nod to the comic book material.” And said that isn’t true, regardless of what you believe.

When in the main DC continuity has Superman not been depicted like this (pictured below) unless it was storyline related like Electric Red/Blue Superman or Reign of Supermen? I’ll wait...

1F48D70F-43CD-4BA3-8DA9-33CF2AF1C343.jpeg

This ⬆️ is a perfect nod to source material...

Back