DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little to far north for me but have fun! Next time yall get together closer to richmond ill be there.

Little to far north for me but have fun! Next time yall get together closer to richmond ill be there.

No worries. We used to play Mattaponni Springs at least once a year. But that has fallen by the wayside.

Will definitely let you know if I'm down that way and time to play.

No worries. We used to play Mattaponni Springs at least once a year. But that has fallen by the wayside.

Will definitely let you know if I'm down that way and time to play.
I was in DC this week but it was to be a tourist with the wife, so golf was not allowed. There are a few of us down in Virginia Beach area but I dont think they are as active as yall. Ill make it up the Nova way to play some time this fall hopefully. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks have a good one yourself. We're still hoping for a mid august outing. Maybe once Kevin gets back from MB we can start the discussion again.

Fellas - Jimonious and I are trying to get out in Saturday, Aug 2 for a round. I just looked on Golfnow and is a 4some at Augustine at 12:15 for $45. Also available Lake Presidential at 12:30 for $58.

Anyone else interested?

I might be up for Augustine .... I will talk to the better half and see what is going on this weekend and let you guys know.
Played Osprey on Saturday. Nice track ... short Par 70 ... but it tests your thinking ability and shot making skills .... nice greens ... rolled true. It was a good day! :clapp:

I spent my teen years in Henrico County. I still have relatives in and around Richmond. However, I just don't have the same incentive to visit since Bill's Barbecue closed.

Like CAA said, we would take a day trip to Mattaponi Springs. It's been a while and I would love to take the trip again.

Fellas - Jimonious and I are trying to get out in Saturday, Aug 2 for a round. I just looked on Golfnow and is a 4some at Augustine at 12:15 for $45. Also available Lake Presidential at 12:30 for $58.

Anyone else interested?
I'm interested. Gotta talk to my better half. ..

Anyone else interested?

So it looks like I may have jumped the gun a tiny bit on this. I was under the impression that my wife was leaving first thing Saturday morning, but it looks like shes actually leaving early afternoon. I can still play, but it would need to be after I take her to the airport, probably looking at a twilight type of time. Alternatively I can play early sunday...

My apologies to bobgeorge, because he totally called this when we were talking about it yesterday. sigh

Welcome Home Kevin. Outstanding job in MB.

So it looks like I may have jumped the gun a tiny bit on this. I was under the impression that my wife was leaving first thing Saturday morning, but it looks like shes actually leaving early afternoon. I can still play, but it would need to be after I take her to the airport, probably looking at a twilight type of time. Alternatively I can play early sunday...

My apologies to bobgeorge, because he totally called this when we were talking about it yesterday. sigh

I just remembered I have a party to go to Arlington @ 6pm on Saturday.....50th birthday party!

I will probably only be able to play early Saturday this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am going to be out of town this weekend otherwise I would be all over this opportunity. Enjoy your rounds, I will be playing in western NY with my brothers.

looks like my plans on saturday might be shaking out afterall. Count me back in as a maybe. How early are you talking BobGeorge? Morning pricing can be a little steep sometimes.

CAA_Beat:
How was Timbers ? I haven't been to that course in a few years. Did they ever finish the bunker renovations or is the back 9 bunkers still in need of repairs ?

MDHacker

Have any of you played Renditions? The novelty has intrigued me enough I might make a trip down to it

Have any of you played Renditions? The novelty has intrigued me enough I might make a trip down to it

I have - I used to work in Annapolis and I would play it after work sometimes. It's o.k., but overpriced imo. The conditions there get iffy in the summertime as well, at least they did a few years ago. Still, it's one of those courses you probably want to play at least once. if you decide to play it - let me know!

I actually just played it about a month ago with a bunch of my buddies and it was awesome. We played at 3 pm for 52 bucks with a cart which was a great rate IMO. I thought it was really cool to read about the famous holes and all of the tradition associated with them.

If you go back a couple pages in this thread you will see some of the pictures that I posted. I would certainly go play again if the price was right.

I have - I used to work in Annapolis and I would play it after work sometimes. It's o.k., but overpriced imo. The conditions there get iffy in the summertime as well, at least they did a few years ago. Still, it's one of those courses you probably want to play at least once. if you decide to play it - let me know!

I actually just played it about a month ago with a bunch of my buddies and it was awesome. We played at 3 pm for 52 bucks with a cart which was a great rate IMO. I thought it was really cool to read about the famous holes and all of the tradition associated with them.

If you go back a couple pages in this thread you will see some of the pictures that I posted. I would certainly go play again if the price was right.
Thanks guys. BigBall I surely will. Once I'm not working 64 hour weeks I'm going to treat myself

CAA_Beat:
How was Timbers ? I haven't been to that course in a few years. Did they ever finish the bunker renovations or is the back 9 bunkers still in need of repairs ?

MDHacker
Hey Hacker..Good to hear from you. Timbers was great, condition overall pretty good. Much improved over my last trip there last year, and almost as good as it was a few years back when we used to play it regularly. Bunkers...it's hard to say, as I was only two all day (passive brag..) Seriously they were pretty good. I was in no. 11 greenside and it was full of nice sand. I was also in No. 15 right side fairway and got out of it nice, due to a nice lie and fairly soft sand.

I'd definitely would go back again soon, the price wasn't bad for a weekend morning $65. They also made a huge improvement in my book. Hole 10, remember the gully that ran parallel down the left side of the fairway on the other side of the cart path. So if you went left you were pretty much in the hazard. They have filled all that in with grass, so it's playable (as I found out if you get over there) in the past that would have been a penalty drop.

I used to play it all the time (weekly) Haven't been in a couple years. As BigBall said they did have some issues a few years back with conditions in the summer time. I have heard that they got a handle on that. It's a fantastic design to play at least once, Amen Corner, TPC Island Green, Church Pews from Oakmont, Winged Foot No. 7.

There was talk of trying to get a outing there in a couple weeks, we need to revive that talk. I'd be good for either the 16th or 17th.

Glad you chimed in Crest, I knew you had been there recently. I think we need to try and revive this talk of an outing for the weekend of the 17th, that's only a couple weeks away.

Glad you chimed in Crest, I knew you had been there recently. I think we need to try and revive this talk of an outing for the weekend of the 17th, that's only a couple weeks away.

Yeah my buddies and I had such a blast so I had to mention it. Not looking good for me for the 17th wife wants to head to the beach in DE for the weekend so yeah that means we are heading to the beach haha

It is really tough to get these events scheduled to reach as many THPers as we can. Hopefully we can get something before the season ends.

Yeah my buddies and I had such a blast so I had to mention it. Not looking good for me for the 17th wife wants to head to the beach in DE for the weekend so yeah that means we are heading to the beach haha

It is really tough to get these events scheduled to reach as many THPers as we can. Hopefully we can get something before the season ends.
Trust me I know, as MDHacker can tell you, he and I used to share duties as the official outing organizer for another group. We would throw a date out, get about 20 "Heck yeah, I'm in" replies. I'd book four or five tee times, and as the date got closer, I'd get one by one "I can't make it" or "something has come up" We'd be lucky to end up with 4 to 8 guys.

Trust me Life comes up, this I know from personal experience more than once this year. So yeah, it's tough to get a good size group, but hopefully we can get a foursome or two together soon.

Trust me I know, as MDHacker can tell you, he and I used to share duties as the official outing organizer for another group. We would throw a date out, get about 20 "Heck yeah, I'm in" replies. I'd book four or five tee times, and as the date got closer, I'd get one by one "I can't make it" or "something has come up" We'd be lucky to end up with 4 to 8 guys.

Trust me Life comes up, this I know from personal experience more than once this year. So yeah, it's tough to get a good size group, but hopefully we can get a foursome or two together soon.

Yup that sounds about right. Makes you really appreciate what Morgan and Josh do for this site even more once you try and organize an event.

Luckily we still have September and October to get some people together for a round. We can make it happen!

Yup that sounds about right. Makes you really appreciate what Morgan and Josh do for this site even more once you try and organize an event.

Luckily we still have September and October to get some people together for a round. We can make it happen!

What Josh and Morgan do is beyond phenomenal. I'm not talking hyperbole. I mentioned this to JB in an email many months back.

I think it speaks to the quality if events he puts on, that they have sustained such high demand and success.

That's because he genuinely cares about the experience of each attendee at every event. And he and Morgan will make sacrifices most would not to ensure this.

September will be busy for me with the B'Stone Championship and October will be surgery time.

But hopefully we can make it happen.

CAA_Beat:
Glad to hear that Timbers is in good condition. I'll have to get out there soon with everyone.

MDHacker

CAA_Beat:
Glad to hear that Timbers is in good condition. I'll have to get out there soon with everyone.

MDHacker

I'll believe it when I see it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back