DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nice. Your lucky it's cloudy.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Looks a little sparse in spots. But hey ... it's green! :act-up:

So who is up for afternoon round tomorrow at Worthington Manor?

Depends on who is willing .... makes my decision about leaving work early or not. Otherwise I am leaving early on Friday for the beach house.

Depends on who is willing .... makes my decision about leaving work early or not. Otherwise I am leaving early on Friday for the beach house.

Needed to be today for me. Kid has practice tomorrow.

No dice for me. Today was my summer swan song for weekday golf

Some more from Old Hickory today... I really like this course and layout. Good challenge

7ce5055de2f801bb113aa503b4178810.jpg

2c74a8f47bbc90373e177c2d9435d8ba.jpg

Tough par 5 on the back 9

b3caf2674d970213866e736efd0b2cf3.jpg

18 is such a beast of a hole to end a round.

Had a blast out on the course played with a guy and his dad who was 86 years old.

Some more from Old Hickory today... I really like this course and layout. Good challenge

7ce5055de2f801bb113aa503b4178810.jpg

2c74a8f47bbc90373e177c2d9435d8ba.jpg

Tough par 5 on the back 9

b3caf2674d970213866e736efd0b2cf3.jpg

18 is such a beast of a hole to end a round.

Had a blast out on the course played with a guy and his dad who was 86 years old.
One of my favorite courses in NOVA. What a tough finishing stretch. Hole 18 seems to go on forever...ha

This is a pretty good opportunity for anyone to get some solid trackman fitting with ProV or ProVx. Feel free to shoot me any questions. Giving local DMV'ers the first chance to sign up before we put it out to the public.

View attachment Titleist Ball Fitting Invite.pdf

This is a long shot but ... anyone free to play the afternoon (say 2 pm) of the 28th at a course close to I-95 in the Virginia or DC area? It's the only day I'll be able to fit a round in on this next trip to the DC area.

One of my favorite courses in NOVA. What a tough finishing stretch. Hole 18 seems to go on forever...ha

You have to hit a really good drive on 18 to have a chance to make par on that hole.

The previous hole is the downhill par 3 and I hit into the right green side bunker and the face of the bunker I was looking at was 4 feet above my head. I get out in 1 and then 3 putt for double hahahaha :banghead:

This is a long shot but ... anyone free to play the afternoon (say 2 pm) of the 28th at a course close to I-95 in the Virginia or DC area? It's the only day I'll be able to fit a round in on this next trip to the DC area.

I may be able to if I can convince my wife to take the kid to football practice that day.

This is a pretty good opportunity for anyone to get some solid trackman fitting with ProV or ProVx. Feel free to shoot me any questions. Giving local DMV'ers the first chance to sign up before we put it out to the public.

View attachment 28899

Hmmm excuse for a Unofficial event...might be perfect excuse for me to get up there finally.

It is a long shot, but let me look at a couple things.

Hmmm excuse for a Unofficial event...might be perfect excuse for me to get up there finally.
Possibly. I'd have to look and see if I could squeeze any tee times in. We are already pretty booked that day with 3 outings, but I know there would be a small window of tee times open. But what a great combination, an unofficial DMV event, and a chance for a ProV trial and fitting.

I'd be down for that as well.

Possibly. I'd have to look and see if I could squeeze any tee times in. We are already pretty booked that day with 3 outings, but I know there would be a small window of tee times open. But what a great combination, an unofficial DMV event, and a chance for a ProV trial and fitting.

Cool thanks for checking on that Rob. This would be good because it is enough time that I can get clearance from the Boss. I would be cool with coming up for the fitting and even if we had to hang out get some lunch and then go out in the afternoon I might be able to make that work. Just a thought

Cool thanks for checking on that Rob. This would be good because it is enough time that I can get clearance from the Boss. I would be cool with coming up for the fitting and even if we had to hang out get some lunch and then go out in the afternoon I might be able to make that work. Just a thought
At first glance I think we can make it work. Just to get an idea what would be a better timeframe for you, tee times between 8:15 to say 8:30 (but people would have to sing up for the very early fitings as the last one will be around noon) or 10:15 to 11:30'ish?

At first glance I think we can make it work. Just to get an idea what would be a better timeframe for you, tee times between 8:15 to say 8:30 (but people would have to sing up for the very early fitings as the last one will be around noon) or 10:15 to 11:30'ish?

I would prefer the later. It is going to take me almost and hour and a half to get there. That's just me though... maybe we should start a thread and get interest?

Let me know what course works best for you guys and I'll be there.
I think the best that would fit your route would be any of the following, Laurel Hills (about 2 miles or so off I-95 in Lorton) Old Hickory (about 6 or 7 miles of I-95 in Woodbridge (see Crest4's photo's above) or Potomac Shores...haven't been there so not sure how far off I-95 (exit 152) near Dumfries?

But let the other guys choose as I'm definitely a long shot, but looking at it.

Bull Run is one of my favorite courses too. I generally stick to off-season or GolfNow times due to the cost. The Raspberry Falls mgmt team has definitely turned it around. Sounds to me like there's gonna be some Sunday hackers rounds this summer!

I would prefer the later. It is going to take me almost and hour and a half to get there. That's just me though... maybe we should start a thread and get interest?
I think the later would probably end up working best for the majority as well. As much as I didn't want to head up another outing...especially at my course (not being lazy, but don't want to come off as trying to only promote my course) but hopefully people would look at this as a good fitting opportunity (that is truly the only reason I posted the fitting flyer) combined with golf afterward.

We'll see if a few more show any interest at all, then maybe I'll start a thread for it.

I think the later would probably end up working best for the majority as well. As much as I didn't want to head up another outing...especially at my course (not being lazy, but don't want to come off as trying to only promote my course) but hopefully people would look at this as a good fitting opportunity (that is truly the only reason I posted the fitting flyer) combined with golf afterward.

We'll see if a few more show any interest at all, then maybe I'll start a thread for it.

Good deal. Played Bull Run last week. There's the usual weeds in the fairway issues, but other than that it was in pretty decent shape. All the rain this year has been weird.

I hear ya man. If you want me to start the thread up I can do that but I will leave that up to you.

I think the best that would fit your route would be any of the following, Laurel Hills (about 2 miles or so off I-95 in Lorton) Old Hickory (about 6 or 7 miles of I-95 in Woodbridge (see Crest4's photo's above) or Potomac Shores...haven't been there so not sure how far off I-95 (exit 152) near Dumfries?

But let the other guys choose as I'm definitely a long shot, but looking at it.

Potomac Shores is nice ... at least it was when I played there last. Real close off the exit but overly priced IMO. I'm on their email listing & get offers all the time but ... maybe for a 1 time play just to say you did, but I wouldn't frequent there. Not worth it, I think Laurel Hills is a better course in all honesty.

Potomac Shores is nice ... at least it was when I played there last. Real close off the exit but overly priced IMO. I'm on their email listing & get offers all the time but ... maybe for a 1 time play just to say you did, but I wouldn't frequent there. Not worth it, I think Laurel Hills is a better course in all honesty.

Better value for sure. I like Potomac Shores ok, but I play Laurel Hill at least a few times a year. Bring the big stick though. It's a long one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back