DC MD VA Area Chat

Yeah lots of courses to choose from. A big outing would be awesome
Let’s see what we can do, I’d be happy to help, but with everyone in my family getting ortho surgeries I'm nite the best ti lead this, if near term, if after May, maybe?

Haven't popped in here yet. Im in NOVA Leesburg area. Been around the forum a while but havent been active in a while. Hoping to get a lot of golf in this year.
I'm in Round Hill. My home course was Westpark (since 69) til it closed. Where do you play?

I'm in Round Hill. My home course was Westpark (since 69) til it closed. Where do you play?
I will go the Raspberry Falls, Bull Run, Brambleton, and 1757 are my main tracks I play.

I will go the Raspberry Falls, Bull Run, Brambleton, and 1757 are my main tracks I play.

What kind of shape are Raspberry and Bull Run in? Haven't gotten out to either much lately. They are pricey though so I'm always disappointed when they're in bad shape. I think Brambleton is a little overpriced but I still play there a bit. I'll play 1757 but my regular golf buddies pretty much won't play there. Think it's a price issue along with the fact that you need a helmet on some of those holes depending on who's playing around you.

the last two years raspberry has struggled but i just went to today with my two boys and its turning a corner it looks like.

the last two years raspberry has struggled but i just went to today with my two boys and its turning a corner it looks like.

Would really love to see them turn it around. Such a great piece of property with so much potential. I don't mind paying premium prices if it's worth it, with RF has potential to be for sure.

Would really love to see them turn it around. Such a great piece of property with so much potential. I don't mind paying premium prices if it's worth it, with RF has potential to be for sure.
Completely agree. They have redone a lot of the bunkers and gotten rid of ones that were in bad shape. I played Bull Run this past fall and it was in Great shape that course just suffers from poor drainage on a few holes.

What kind of shape are Raspberry and Bull Run in? Haven't gotten out to either much lately. They are pricey though so I'm always disappointed when they're in bad shape. I think Brambleton is a little overpriced but I still play there a bit. I'll play 1757 but my regular golf buddies pretty much won't play there. Think it's a price issue along with the fact that you need a helmet on some of those holes depending on who's playing around you.
Do not go to Raspberry Falls! They are very pricey for a course so not worth it. They have been putting a lot of work for months into the bunkers. Taking sod & layering them to make them look pretty. They have also filled in some of them, so now they are grass bunkers. #16 is a complete sh*t show around the green .... still working & there are bulldozers they are ripping up the bunkers all around. There are temporary tees. I played there last week & won't go back unless it's a tournament. :rolleyes:

Haven't popped in here yet. Im in NOVA Leesburg area. Been around the forum a while but havent been active in a while. Hoping to get a lot of golf in this year.
Dude ... I'm in Leesburg, actually Lucketts. We should get out sometime (y) I play a lot in MD & out west Rt 7 in the Shenandoah

Has anybody played Creighton Farms? Might have a chance to play there in May.

That's a definite play if you're in the area and have the means. I've only played there twice but am always looking for a way to get on again. One of, if not the, nicest courses around here. Challenging but not gimmicky. Definitely get some time to practice putting. Some of the downhills there can be devious!

Need a 4th? ;) I've wanted to play there since it opened. Every time @JonD gets to play there, he never invites me :ROFLMAO:

That's a definite play if you're in the area and have the means. I've only played there twice but am always looking for a way to get on again. One of, if not the, nicest courses around here. Challenging but not gimmicky. Definitely get some time to practice putting. Some of the downhills there can be devious!
I've been put on notice that an outing there, but no details regarding cost etc.

I've been put on notice that an outing there, but no details regarding cost etc.

It's members only, so will depend on who/how it's set up I'm sure. I forget the summer rate but it's a beautiful course. I don't remember being mad in the slightest at the cost the one time I did pay to play there. Clubhouse restaurant is pretty solid too.

Need a 4th? ;) I've wanted to play there since it opened. Every time @JonD gets to play there, he never invites me :ROFLMAO:

I'm probably never going to be the one coordinating a round there! I've just had better luck getting let in there so far. If I ever find a member who actually puts up with me I'll try to get you in.

It's members only, so will depend on who/how it's set up I'm sure. I forget the summer rate but it's a beautiful course. I don't remember being mad in the slightest at the cost the one time I did pay to play there. Clubhouse restaurant is pretty solid too.
Not to mention that fact that one of the best, according to Golf Digest, instructors in the area works there .... Erika Larkin (y)

Not to mention that fact that one of the best, according to Golf Digest, instructors in the area works there .... Erika Larkin (y)

Never had any interaction with her, but I am looking for a new coach... 🤔 I will say that I want one of the staff FARMS hats something fierce.

Never had any interaction with her, but I am looking for a new coach... 🤔 I will say that I want one of the staff FARMS hats something fierce.
Ha! I asked her directly if she gave lessons outside of Creighton Farms since I'm not a member :oops:

Dude ... I'm in Leesburg, actually Lucketts. We should get out sometime (y) I play a lot in MD & out west Rt 7 in the Shenandoah

I love Worthington Manor, for the money not many better around

Nice track for sure. I like MD National & Musket Ridge (y)
Well come on man lets get out for a round, Weekdays are easiest for me but can do a weekend here and there.

Last edited:
Nice track for sure. I like MD National & Musket Ridge (y)
Any tips for Musket Ridge? I’m playing there this Saturday. It looks pretty simple until you get to the green.

Any tips for Musket Ridge? I’m playing there this Saturday. It looks pretty simple until you get to the green.
You got it. Large greens with complex tiers and ridges. (y) But the greens are usually emmaculate. That's what brings me back

I'll make a drive to some MD courses @golfinnut!! If you're planning, give me a week or two's notice. As long as I'm in town, I can probably make it work.

Back