DC MD VA Area Chat

Has anybody played Creighton Farms? Might have a chance to play there in May.
I'd love to take a crack at that course. I created a lidar version for tgc and wanted to get pictures to make it look real but they wouldn't even let me on the course

So, I can't even think of taking leave (maybe I can an afternoon off) until mid April more likely early May. If we were somehow able to get something going at say Westfields, Laurel Hills or perhaps something not far over the Wilson Bridge in MD (not sure what - feel free to supply names).

Let's say May 10 or 11 at 1PM - is that too late or otherwise not worth considering? I will gladly follow up with 2 or 3 courses and see what they can do for us and cost - just golf (for now).

Based on that how many would consider getting together for a MD-DC-VA 'event'?

So, I can't even think of taking leave (maybe I can an afternoon off) until mid April more likely early May. If we were somehow able to get something going at say Westfields, Laurel Hills or perhaps something not far over the Wilson Bridge in MD (not sure what - feel free to supply names).

Let's say May 10 or 11 at 1PM - is that too late or otherwise not worth considering? I will gladly follow up with 2 or 3 courses and see what they can do for us and cost - just golf (for now).

Only problem with 1PM is pace of play on weekends. Otherwise it's no biggie once the clocks switch over (this weekend?). Both of those courses are fine choices if we can figure out getting consecutive tee times. Laurel Hill is a long course, but we can adjust tees as needed.

I"m down for sure. Not too many courses that I know of "right" over the Wilson bridge. :unsure: I'm willing to drive anywhere

May 10 an 11 are Tue and Wed. I don't think we could get a weekend unless we were 8 or fewer?

I"m down for sure. Not too many courses that I know of "right" over the Wilson bridge. :unsure: I'm willing to drive anywhere
I was trying to open things up for our friends from the free state. there are a few there 4-5 exits past i think?

I could be talked into taking a day off of work to golf pretty easily. I just need to find out my son's baseball schedule if the Internet decides to let me see it. So tentative maybe?

I would be down for a meet up if schedule worked out.

I would definitely be in if you came a little further west.

I just wanted to touch base. My wife will be having shoulder surgery first week of May so some of my golf time (and possible planning for this) are now off the table. Once she is out, pain free and in her post op/PT recovery phase I can re-assess. I'll see in later May what may be available for July timeframe - I'n not sure how far I could travel for this, but we'll see, maybe we can do something around Martinsburg - and get WV involved?

I just wanted to touch base. My wife will be having shoulder surgery first week of May so some of my golf time (and possible planning for this) are now off the table. Once she is out, pain free and in her post op/PT recovery phase I can re-assess. I'll see in later May what may be available for July timeframe - I'n not sure how far I could travel for this, but we'll see, maybe we can do something around Martinsburg - and get WV involved?
Sounds good to me. Anybody know if the woods are in good condition?

Just a thought. What if we did like fun teams from each state? Like each state wears a certain color or theme? Do a closest to the hole state challenge during the game and such.

Attention DMV ....

P.X.G. Store opens up in Fairfax, VA :eek:

Time for a road trip! It's right down the street from a Club Champion too :cool: I want to hit these. I need some really forgiving irons.

1648337719120.png

Awfully quite in here! 🤯 what's the status on our little DMV get together? Even if it is just 4 of us :ROFLMAO:

I'd still like to participate one way or another - either an afternoon on a weekday or early on a weekend - (if given the options). But with a family trip in less than 2 weeks, followed by another end of May and my wife having shoulder/arm surgery early May (I think) - I may not be best suited right now to organize. Add to the mess, my daughter (who still lives with us) may need a knee scoping too. Oh, and for fun we are investigating a move to SC sooner than later too. So, count me a participant if I can get it on my schedule!

I might could do something depending on the when and where.

Any thoughts on a date yet?

There was talk about playing somewhere around the beltway, like over the Woodrow Wilson. But I'm up for anywhere. Just have to finalize how many are committed. :unsure:

There was talk about playing somewhere around the beltway, like over the Woodrow Wilson. But I'm up for anywhere. Just have to finalize how many are committed. :unsure:
That was just to see if any of our free state brothers and sisters wanted to play. Andrews does have a nice course or two though!

(assuming we pick a week when I'm in town :LOL: )

As always I'm happy to bring whatever I've got sitting down in the hoard for people to try out at the range. Kinda limited at the moment, but two 2022 drivers, Cally UW & Epic Super Hybrid, Edel SMS & Jaws full toes. I'll also have one of the triple hot 5k putters with me most likely.

Back