DC MD VA Area Chat

I sadly have been unable to play in well over a month.

Played Nansemond River today. Spoke with Pro for a while. The course has plans to shut down...He's just not sure how soon. Greens in good shape. Rest of course a little ragged but love the layout.

Played Nansemond River today. Spoke with Pro for a while. The course has plans to shut down...He's just not sure how soon. Greens in good shape. Rest of course a little ragged but love the layout.

That’s sad. Always loved that course.

Yesterday was a round around The Federal Club. Very nice shape, good collection of holes...but what a slog from front nine to back. Well over a mile and then you finish and a 1/2 mile back to club...Logged 19,000 steps Good workout.

Yesterday was a round around The Federal Club. Very nice shape, good collection of holes...but what a slog from front nine to back. Well over a mile and then you finish and a 1/2 mile back to club...Logged 19,000 steps Good workout.
That is a nice course but I've never walked it.. It is spread out

Golflalapoloosa today...played Royal New Kent...rode cart for 18 as first off and played 2 balls for 16 holes...then carried for the front 9 again and played 19 holes vis multi balls so I logged 53 holes of play in 4:45....Course is in good shape and was pretty busy. If you due discount venues the Teetime link for here has one time a day at $46 which is normally $75.

Golflalapoloosa today...played Royal New Kent...rode cart for 18 as first off and played 2 balls for 16 holes...then carried for the front 9 again and played 19 holes vis multi balls so I logged 53 holes of play in 4:45....Course is in good shape and was pretty busy. If you due discount venues the Teetime link for here has one time a day at $46 which is normally $75.

You...walked...RNK?!!?

You must hate yourself.

I walk just about every round I play, but there’s no way there.

You...walked...RNK?!!?

You must hate yourself.

I walk just about every round I play, but there’s no way there.
I rode 18 then carried for front. I have walked it a few times though....It's my exercise program and also prep for Scotland this year. I'll be in Scotland for 10 days and 11 rounds all walking....So I have to get ready for that.

Wish I could play during the week, because I'd be out right now. Weather looks pretty crappy for my tee time Saturday.

Glad to see MD courses opening back up. Just got an email from Fairfax County with their opening schedule. Hopefully soon, we can make tee times less than 7 days in advance!

Wish I could play during the week, because I'd be out right now. Weather looks pretty crappy for my tee time Saturday.

Glad to see MD courses opening back up. Just got an email from Fairfax County with their opening schedule. Hopefully soon, we can make tee times less than 7 days in advance!
You're going to freeze your cajones off on Saturday! High in the 40's with 40 mph gusts :eek: Have fun with that!

You're going to freeze your cajones off on Saturday! High in the 40's with 40 mph gusts :eek: Have fun with that!

Don't I know it. I keep checking my weather app hoping for a change and I swear I can hear it laughing at me. Playing with some older guys so there's a solid chance it gets called off. I waited two months before my last round, another few days before my next won't kill me.

Recently joined The Dominion Club near Richmond. Last one out on the course last night. Played through some light rain, and was treated to a nice sunset behind me on 15. Here’s the 15th green from the fairway and 16 from the gold tees.

47ab01a94b1380bd264a4d1680d97b46.jpg

7efad12bc4cf2ef5202c998ac2fdd6e3.jpg

It’s been awhile but I’m starting my comeback. Getting in a noon round tomorrow at Waverly Woods. Hoping the forecast holds.

Played TPC Potomac after some rain, was a bit wet, but course was in great shape right now. I'm curious for any guys that have played several times - does it ever dry out in the summer because of the D.C. heat or does the humidity allow it to remain in the same condition most of the year?

Has anyone played the Links at Perry Cabin? I was there nearly two years ago when it opened. A beautiful layout , but in very poor condition due to a very wet spring. Is it worth playing yet?

The course opens up here at Pax River tomorrow FINALLY....and I can't wait to play. Nothing like playing your home course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I spend time on the Eastern Shore MD often. Played Hog Neck in Oxford/St Mikes last year. For a quick practice round, the very unassuming Blue Heron in Stevensonville, MD on Kent Island is decidedly un-glam but gets the job done. The complete opposite of Heron is Queenstown Harbor Golf. I've been eyeing this one for a while, but never had the coin handy. Finally, I learned they were offering some limited walking, so I played Lakes for a twilight walk last week. I was glad I had a push cart. Lovely, well maintained course. Definitely designed and built in the age of cart-golf. Now, naturally i have the urge to play the Rivers course.

Anyone from Chestertown, MD on HP? I've been trying to find a way to play the Chesterton Yacht Club course, but it's a member's only affair. @Leftyuk , I've been eyeing up Perry Cabin as well. I'd be interested in what others are saying about that as well. Any other suggestions of courses on MD section of the DELMARVA peninsula?

Thanks!

Played Kinloch yesterday. Best in VA in my book. Conditions fabulous. Greens very fast 11 but at times much faster. Unique split fairways on 5 holes. Get an invite drop everything and go. 7 one putts with my Indi Allison...

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_1141553.jpg
    IMG_20200715_1141553.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200715_1223011.jpg
    IMG_20200715_1223011.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200715_1301535.jpg
    IMG_20200715_1301535.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 9
Played Kinloch yesterday. Best in VA in my book. Conditions fabulous. Greens very fast 11 but at times much faster. Unique split fairways on 5 holes. Get an invite drop everything and go. 7 one putts with my Indi Allison...
They have caddies??

They have caddies??
Walking only with a caddie. It's a tough walk too. Much hillier than you expect. It just moves up/down virtually every hole. Not big hills, just 30/40 foot...but it was 95 with similar humidity.

Walking only with a caddie. It's a tough walk too. Much hillier than you expect. It just moves up/down virtually every hole. Not big hills, just 30/40 foot...but it was 95 with similar humidity.
Oh hell to the Nope!! Not walking when it's that damn hot out. 🥵🔥

3 holes shown...left pic is hole 2. Mid length par 4 with split fairway by bunker. My two best on one hole. D and 8i to 12 foot. Over the edge par.
Middle pic is 7th hole. Creek runs thru so options are 220 carry to right fairway and not much width or hybrid or similar and 150 entry. Hit nice 4H and scrapped a 7 to edge and chip putt par.
right pic is maybe the most talked about hole there #9. Again a split fairway with a creek running thru. If you are a bomber you go left and can bomb to near green with good entry angle. For mere mortals like me I tried to hit my drive to right side but actually caught it too good and was in creek. 150 lay up short of hazard and again 140 to green which I hit well. But 2 putts and Bog.

I really need to get down there and play it.

Back