DC MD VA Area Chat

Double bagging in 100* heat. Ouch! I had enough fun pushing my own cart around TDC yesterday.

Two Rivers Williamsburg superb conditions, fun play great finish. Special place.IMG_20200724_1213436.jpgIMG_20200724_1423491.jpgIMG_20200724_1431120.jpgIMG_20200724_1457553.jpgIMG_20200724_1515320.jpgIMG_20200724_1525366.jpg

Nice looking course!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice looking course!

They manicure every blade of grass. Fun play, not too penal but interesting. Final 3 holes are on river or views of as 16 is a par 5 with river behind green. First hole the first pic is a blind tee up hill dogleg left. Nice starter.

IMG_20200807_1015134.jpgIMG_20200807_1321288.jpgIMG_20200807_1129105.jpgIMG_20200807_1015134.jpgIMG_20200807_1010359.jpgIMG_20200807_1010359.jpgIMG_20200807_1131551.jpg

Bay Creek .....Great views,

Nice looking course!

How is River Creek Club....I may be able to swing a 4some there for about 100 a head. Mid week play.

How is River Creek Club....I may be able to swing a 4some there for about 100 a head. Mid week play.
River Creek is always in great shape. Now $100 great shape .... not too sure. Since I used to be able to play there for free :ROFLMAO:

Played Heron Ridge over the weekend. It was in great shape as well. It's a neighborhood course but I really enjoyed it. I recommend it if you're in the area and haven't played it. It's a Freddy course though, so bring your left to right tee shots!

Played VB National as well. Conditions were... Disappointing. :(

Played Heron Ridge over the weekend. It was in great shape as well. It's a neighborhood course but I really enjoyed it. I recommend it if you're in the area and haven't played it. It's a Freddy course though, so bring your left to right tee shots!

I'll second your thoughts, Heron Ridge very nice while VB National a bit run down. Played Hells Point recently and it is OK....Heron Ridge better.

VB National has gone from a pretty nice course to one that I shy away from if I'm the one picking out where to play. Send a message next time you are in the area and we can try to get a round at Greenbrier.

I'll second your thoughts, Heron Ridge very nice while VB National a bit run down. Played Hells Point recently and it is OK....Heron Ridge better.

I've definitely played Hells Point. Been a while though.

VB National has gone from a pretty nice course to one that I shy away from if I'm the one picking out where to play. Send a message next time you are in the area and we can try to get a round at Greenbrier.

Yeah I was definitely disappointed. VB National was one of my preferred courses when I started playing down there, but it was in really rough shape. Hope they get it turned around. I will try to remember!

Have you played Kinloch? Would you like to play Kinloch? I have a 4some chit and got it at a charity auction. If you have interest in playing at $125 as your cost for green fee and cart....drop me a private message. Have two slots available. I'll look to set this up in the spring, at a time convenient for everyone. For now just looking to see if any interest. Take a look at my 7/16 post for a few pics of course...Best in state of VA....SPOTS FULL....

Last edited:

The VB National has been going down hill for a while and it's sad to see it happen. Our group stopped playing there altogether.

Heron is a favorite of mine although I haven't been on it for a while. A great bombers course.

The VB National has been going down hill for a while and it's sad to see it happen. Our group stopped playing there altogether.

Heron is a favorite of mine although I haven't been on it for a while. A great bombers course.

Well I succeeded despite that last bit, but it was a good track. Will be happy to go back there again.

Spent the past week hiking/biking/camping in Seneca State Forest in WV...On way back drove by Cascades Course in the Hot Springs, VA area....It looked fantastic. Was pretty crowded too. Have wanted to play there for a while. No easy way to get there the roads are crazy.

Played Old Hickory this weekend with a buddy. Frost delay and cart path only made it slower than I care to play, but the real disappointment was the condition. Traps were a disaster, with the course marking them ground under repair and a bunch of the greens on the front were almost unplayable due to some weeds eating them up and what looked like just poor maintenance. For $75 at 11:30AM I expect better. Probably won't be going back until I hear that it's in better shape. A shame as I like the layout there. It's tight but can be a lot of fun. For $75 I felt a bit ripped off. Seemed fair to warn people in case anyone was considering playing there!

Played Old Hickory this weekend with a buddy. Frost delay and cart path only made it slower than I care to play, but the real disappointment was the condition. Traps were a disaster, with the course marking them ground under repair and a bunch of the greens on the front were almost unplayable due to some weeds eating them up and what looked like just poor maintenance. For $75 at 11:30AM I expect better. Probably won't be going back until I hear that it's in better shape. A shame as I like the layout there. It's tight but can be a lot of fun. For $75 I felt a bit ripped off. Seemed fair to warn people in case anyone was considering playing there!
Should have asked me first. I could have told you that place is now a complete sh*t show

Should have asked me first. I could have told you that place is now a complete sh*t show

It was a last minute time, basically all I could find so we went with it. I hope that's not an indication of the Raspberry management group starting a downhill slide. They run a couple of my favorite local courses!

It was a last minute time, basically all I could find so we went with it. I hope that's not an indication of the Raspberry management group starting a downhill slide. They run a couple of my favorite local courses!
That’s a shame about Old Hickory. I have fond memories of it as the place where I was nearly successful in killing @golfinnut 😁

That’s a shame about Old Hickory. I have fond memories of it as the place where I was nearly successful in killing @golfinnut 😁
They keep sending me gift card emails for xmas. Maybe I'll get one for someone I don't really care for... 🤔

You've been nearly successful since, so you've got that going for you :eek:

I see that they have plenty of tee times on GolfNow and they are close to my work. The temptation has been there, but it would be hard to justify paying that much for a round of poorly maintained golf.

Back